You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lag resulting in hands being folded before having the opportunity to act (or even see hands)

edited December 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
Just came back to Sky recently after dabbling in the past.

The last 48 hours Ive been having issues with serious freezing on tables and by the time t un-freezes my cards have been folded before Ive had the chance to act or even see my cards. The few occasions you do have a quick flash of your hand before it folds your cards Ive seen premium pairs like AA KK AK ETC folded.

I E-mailed support and rerceived a pretty patronising reply asking if I was using IE browser and to clear my cache and cookies etc as this may be causing the issue and to try the download version instead. I was actually using the download as I had problems with the web version in the past.

Anyone else had these issues and can a support member please address this for me as I ve had no reply to my follow up email where I have provided HH examples etc.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    On the new version right?

I would suggest at least running Windows Task Manager while you're playing so that when you encounter this 'lag' you can look at the Process tab (sorted by CPU usage) and see if something is using a lot of CPU resource. That may help point you in the right direction.

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Lag resulting in hands being folded before having the opportunity to act (or even see hands):
    On the new version right? I would suggest at least running Windows Task Manager while you're playing so that when you encounter this 'lag' you can look at the Process tab (sorted by CPU usage) and see if something is using a lot of CPU resource. That may help point you in the right direction.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Thanks Nosey, this is something I regularly check and keep my PC "clean" if you know what I mean, this problem has only started the last couple of days.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Lag resulting in hands being folded before having the opportunity to act (or even see hands):
    In Response to Re: Lag resulting in hands being folded before having the opportunity to act (or even see hands) : Thanks Nosey, this is something I regularly check and keep my PC "clean" if you know what I mean, this problem has only started the last couple of days.
    Posted by cowhead
    HIN.
               I HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS ON 16AUG IN THE £500.00 FREEROLL AT 630PM.
    MY FINISHING POSITION WAS SHOWN TO ME BEFORE ALL THE FLOP CARDS WERE DEALT.(2OUT OF 3).
    SO I WAS SHOWN AS OUT OF THE TOURNEY EVEN BEFORE ALL THE CARDS WERE SHOWN.
    HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN.IF I LOST FAIR ENOUGH, BUT SOMETHING NOT RIGHT.
    I EMAILED CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND GOT FLIPPANT REPLIES, SUCH AS I WAS THE DEALER.
    THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE IS THAT NO ONE SHOULD BE SHOWN THERE FINISHING POSITION AFTER 2 OF THE 3 FLOP CARDS ARE SHOWN.
    COLLUSION OR FIX, SOMEONE TELL ME , COS SKY BLOODY WONT.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Lag resulting in hands being folded before having the opportunity to act (or even see hands):
    Just came back to Sky recently after dabbling in the past. The last 48 hours Ive been having issues with serious freezing on tables and by the time t un-freezes my cards have been folded before Ive had the chance to act or even see my cards. The few occasions you do have a quick flash of your hand before it folds your cards Ive seen premium pairs like AA KK AK ETC folded. I E-mailed support and rerceived a pretty patronising reply asking if I was using IE browser and to clear my cache and cookies etc as this may be causing the issue and to try the download version instead. I was actually using the download as I had problems with the web version in the past. Anyone else had these issues and can a support member please address this for me as I ve had no reply to my follow up email where I have provided HH examples etc.
    Posted by cowhead

how many tables were you trying to play? how old/new is your computer?

I assume you started noticing this initially when you were under the gun and you found your cards being folded before you could even see them?

I have this problem but only when I load up ALOT of sky tables (takes >18)
  • edited August 2013
    I am sorry to hear about the issues that you have had, if any other players have had this happen to them please could they post here. Could you clarify that this is happening on either the new tables or the old tables. If it has happened on the new tables, has it ever happened on the old tables?

We will currently regard this as a localised issue as there have been no other known instances of this happening that i know of on our new product. If you would like to post hand histories i will gladly look through them.

In response to the 2 out of 3 flop cards that were shown, this was on the old software and is not an issue with the new as it hasn't been released for tournaments yet. I have not heard of an instance of this happening before, just to clarify did you go all-in preflop? If so did you lose the hand? If this was the case the notification could be a result of personal computer slowdown and lag resulting in the animation of the cards being dealt delayed based on connection or computer processing speed. If you wish to post hand histories  they will also be looked at.
  • edited August 2013
    I am sorry to hear about the issues that you have had, if any other players have had this happen to them please could they post here. Could you clarify that this is happening on either the new tables or the old tables. If it has happened on the new tables, has it ever happened on the old tables? We will currently regard this as a localised issue as there have been no other known instances of this happening that i know of on our new product. If you would like to post hand histories i will gladly look through them. In response to the 2 out of 3 flop cards that were shown, this was on the old software and is not an issue with the new as it hasn't been released for tournaments yet. I have not heard of an instance of this happening before, just to clarify did you go all-in preflop? If so did you lose the hand? If this was the case the notification could be a result of personal computer slowdown and lag resulting in the animation of the cards being dealt delayed based on connection or computer processing speed. If you wish to post hand histories  they will also be looked at.
    Posted by SkyPeter

This lag issue spanned both new and old tables. 

I've spoken with Adam about this problem a while back and again more recently at spt notts.

+1 to the cards not showing correctly being an animation computer slowdown issue rather than some world wide conspiracy.
  • edited August 2013

Sounds like this is not specific to the new product but something you are experiencing in general (which could admittedly affect both versions or other things). For those using the existing version, especially those referring to tournaments / freerolls you might want to try the new cash product to see if it improves.

Also, and in case you have not seen it before, you might find this useful.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Lag resulting in hands being folded before having the opportunity to act (or even see hands):
    i get the same ole rubbish lagging hands the sites gone worse for it personally meself its a sign of cheating they say its luck b ull ive had no luck on this site for ages all they do is take take
  • edited August 2013
    I am sorry to hear about the issues that you have had, if any other players have had this happen to them please could they post here. Could you clarify that this is happening on either the new tables or the old tables. If it has happened on the new tables, has it ever happened on the old tables? We will currently regard this as a localised issue as there have been no other known instances of this happening that i know of on our new product. If you would like to post hand histories i will gladly look through them. In response to the 2 out of 3 flop cards that were shown, this was on the old software and is not an issue with the new as it hasn't been released for tournaments yet. I have not heard of an instance of this happening before, just to clarify did you go all-in preflop? If so did you lose the hand? If this was the case the notification could be a result of personal computer slowdown and lag resulting in the animation of the cards being dealt delayed based on connection or computer processing speed. If you wish to post hand histories  they will also be looked at.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    The issue is whilst playing mtts and sngs. My understanding is that only the cash tables are new and I don't play cash.

Someone asked how many tables I play and the answer is 6 on Sky as I cant resize the tables the way I can on other sites. My PC is only 2 years old and only really use it for poker and don't have a lot of things downloaded on it etc.

I noticed if I play only 3 tables everything is ok but once I started to play 4 then the problems arise.

Do you know if I will receive a reply to my e-mail?

Its a struggle to go through all the Hand Histories but managed to find this one.
    makapaka Small blind  20.00 20.00 1992.50
    Smarls Big blind  40.00 60.00 4272.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

badbeetben Fold     
    cowhead Fold     
    jefferie05 Call  40.00 100.00 1831.25
    OXBOWLER Call  40.00 140.00 4350.00
    makapaka Fold     
    Smarls Check     
    Flop

• Q

Smarls Check     
    jefferie05 Check     
    OXBOWLER Check     
    Turn

Smarls Check     
    jefferie05 Check     
    OXBOWLER Check     
    River

Smarls Check     
    jefferie05 Bet  140.00 280.00 1691.25
    OXBOWLER Fold     
    Smarls Fold     
    jefferie05 Muck     
    jefferie05 Win  140.00  1831.25
    jefferie05 Return  140.00 0.00 1971.25
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Lag resulting in hands being folded before having the opportunity to act (or even see hands) : how many tables were you trying to play? how old/new is your computer? I assume you started noticing this initially when you were under the gun and you found your cards being folded before you could even see them? I have this problem but only when I load up ALOT of sky tables (takes />18)
    Posted by beaneh

Youre right! Last night I was playing 4 tables for most of the session and it was happening in all positions but was a nightmare from UTG as I never got to play a hand from that position pretty much all session on all tables.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Lag resulting in hands being folded before having the opportunity to act (or even see hands) : Youre right! Last night I was playing 4 tables for most of the session and it was happening in all positions but was a nightmare from UTG as I never got to play a hand from that position pretty much all session on all tables.
    Posted by cowhead

you're running windows right?

could you try playing 3 tables and having the task manager open, right click the toolbar at the bottom of the screen and select task manager.  then click performance, and take a screen shot, rinse repeat for with more than 3 tables please. and pm me them via my profile and click send message. either upload the pictures to a free web hosting site and send me the link or message me and i'll send you my email to send them directly.

failing that, if that's hassle, run sky, look at the processes tab and tell me how much memory it says it's using, then look at performance and see how much cpu usage there is, does it spike or stay consistent? how much memory does it say is being used AND what is your computer setup (apologies for the amount of questions!)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Lag resulting in hands being folded before having the opportunity to act (or even see hands): you're running windows right? could you try playing 3 tables and having the task manager open, right click the toolbar at the bottom of the screen and select task manager.  then click performance, and take a screen shot, rinse repeat for with more than 3 tables please. and pm me them via my profile and click send message. either upload the pictures to a free web hosting site and send me the link or message me and i'll send you my email to send them directly. failing that, if that's hassle, run sky, look at the processes tab and tell me how much memory it says it's using, then look at performance and see how much cpu usage there is, does it spike or stay consistent? how much memory does it say is being used AND what is your computer setup (apologies for the amount of questions!)
    Posted by beaneh
    Thanks mate. All that stuff is way too techy for me but I fired up 4 sngs earlier and it says CPU Usage was only 16% and still got the lag.

Support still haven't e-mailed me either. That's a bit of a downer like cos Id have expected decent support.
  • edited December 2013

Its  a JOKE. I have no other programmes running, just the client. A guy reraises me when I have the nuts and when I try and raise again the client freezes, I time out and fold. Bye Bye 30 quid.
    THIS IS A JOKE.

• edited December 2013
    HAPPENED TO ME AS WELL GUYS.
    ALWAYS WHEN YOU SEEM TO HAVE THE NUTS.
    SUPPORT WERE NOT THAT USEFUL AT ALL TRYNG TO BLAME CONNECT PROBLEMS ETC.
    MONEY DOWN THE SWANEE.
  • edited December 2013
    support or useless, blame it on my connection when its not a disconnect, its a client freeze. They get the rake either way