You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday's live show (***OFFICIAL THREAD***): I can't believe it's not Rutter!

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Well, that's because it is...

Yes, Stuart returns to channel 861 this weekend.

So, have a flutter with Rutter, play the £10k Primo, and watch our continuous coverage between 8pm and midnight (between 7pm and 8pm, we'll review the final table of Thursday's £12k Sky Sports Bounty Hunter).

Obviously, Stuart has a great poker mind, and is awesome at breaking down tournament strategy, so UTILISE his expertise.

We need questions, and we need Hand IDs - from the Primo, Mini Primo or the Master Cash tables on Sunday night.

E-mail: skyopen@bskyb.com
Twitter: #SkyPokerTV

Comments

• edited August 2013
    "I can't believe it's not Rutter!"

Keep the rutterly terrible puns coming
  • edited August 2013
    Utterly Rutterly !
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's live show (***OFFICIAL THREAD***): I can't believe it's not Rutter!:
    "I can't believe it's not Rutter!" Keep the rutterly terrible puns coming
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    This thread could get stuck in a RUTter

Did you know: RUTTER means "something that finds a way"
  • edited August 2013
    Johnathan Ross " Wutter, Wutter,Wutter"
  • edited August 2013
    ....and we Like it!

I'm sure there'll be comments on this thread about poker, eventually. Good to see you back, Stuart. Don't be jealous of the attention, James.
  • edited August 2013
    Good to see Stu and Dumplings back together again.  Should be a fun night :)
  • edited August 2013
    Good hand to show from Master Cash 1 this morning.

• edited August 2013

#681026444 master cash2,i just want to see what he had. he said he had aa in chat. to be honest i was on conplete tilt ready to set the chips on fire. 

have a good show=)
  • edited August 2013
    Welcome back, Stu.
  • edited August 2013
    I like the Ruttervision, when do we get the Harticam?
  • edited August 2013
    Evening chaps. I hope you're both well.

This is the most interesting question I could come up with:

James, I know you're somewhat familiar with large poker tournaments, and Stuart has played his fair share. We all know that poker tournaments are very high variance and we've all seen... less than brilliant players win them. How much of an achievement it is to win any given tournament is a matter that interests me.

So, if I gave each of you a choice, which of these two options would make you more proud? Which would feel like the bigger achievement?:

1) You win a major poker tournament for £2 million but spend the next five years losing half of it at the cash tables.

2) You win £1 million as an anonymous online player at the cash tables over the next five years but achieve no tournament results.

Obviously winning consistently at the cash tables means you're a good player but nobody will really care. If you win the tournament but lose at cash, you're probably not so good, though other people will believe otherwise.

Enjoying the show guys. Don't stay away so long next time, Stuart.
  • edited August 2013

You might want to reconsider singing the theme tune to Chucklevision, lest some people start to make the obvious comparisons, James...

...or should that be Barry? ;)

• edited August 2013

9:56 PM main mini both % main in mini

entered 218 413 113 52
    left 91 110 17  

NAILS01197 3 44    
    Wacko90 13 40    
    offshoot 14 65    
    joey690 16 31    
    bmy93 18 10    
    Hitman0127 19 67    
    bromley04 55 101    
    POKEY2011 63 75    
    Mamsta 64 71    
    Tsaaaar 68 96    
    aussie09 69 41    
    REDARROW61 70 93    
    GELDY 71 99    
    cookie83 83 48    
    henners10 84 90    
    MRBURNS4 86 8    
    Lastogo 88 105    

• edited August 2013

Like the point you made about multitabling different disciplines.

As it happens my most successful night on ther site was playing 2 tournaments and final tabling both picking up my biggest pay day. But this was playing NLHE and PLO at the same time. Despite the good run i vowed to never do it again because it came close to blowing my mind having to switch mindsets continually.

Enjoying the show keep up the good work
  • edited August 2013
    hi I would like your thoughts with this hand 681781641 from ms2
    with the flop showing trips you could say the board is just like preflop so when I do the call on the flop was I ok to then jam the turn or should I have just called the turn that too.
  • edited August 2013
    I'm with you on this one James:

If I won £2 million in a tournament, I'd then be the richest player playing 2p/4p. :)
  • edited August 2013
    one of the problems with the preflop raising is the buttons that would be used to do the 3 bets now don't work once the raise has reached 4xbb all you are able to do is use the slider
  • edited August 2013
    Hi Guys
    I have just had a mental breakdown when in a good position in tonights primo. I am unable to explain why i have lost the plot but i am so upset with myself. madness on my part and i just wanted to shout at myself AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
    great show but i am going to be regretting this for days
  • edited August 2013

jackpot...none left james

• edited August 2013
    Stuart was mentioning he plays Stud.

It's a game I want to learn, so do either of you have a suggestion of a good Stud book? Does such a thing exist?
  • edited August 2013
    Free book!? If only I could afford a train ticket to Newcastle... Sadly, I can't.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday's live show (***OFFICIAL THREAD***): I can't believe it's not Rutter!:
    Stuart was mentioning he plays Stud. It's a game I want to learn, so do either of you have a suggestion of a good Stud book? Does such a thing exist?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    I'd just recommend putting in some volume Borin, nothing beats experience when starting out in a new game. S'how I learned the game and all the others in the 10game mix, just volume volume volume baby!
    Stud would be your best place to start too. Out of all the games in the mix (exc. LHE, PLO), Stud has the most in common with No-Limit. You can learn a lot from it that helps your NLHE game too. Then from there you'd work your way into Razz, Stud8, Omaha8, TripleDraw, SingleDraw, and Badugi.
    I learned the fundamentals from Alan Boston too if that helps? Not sure how much of his stuff is laying around on the ol' YouTubes, but it's certainly good stuff for beginners.

Would love to play you in some mix in the near future if you're up for it Mr. Rutter! Maybe get a big Dealers Choice at DTD going, or a HU match online somewhere at some point? ;)
    Anywho, enjoyed the show fellas, great stuff as always. gg nh wp
  • edited August 2013
    Great to have Mr Rutter back on our screens. 
  • edited August 2013
    Stuart was mentioning he plays Stud. It's a game I want to learn, so do either of you have a suggestion of a good Stud book? Does such a thing exist?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Jackie Collins wrote one, but it wasn't poker  taking place on the green baize lol