You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just won a seat to spt newcastle via a frenxy but wont be able to go

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
I wont be able to play this tourney as i live down in sussex so it would cost me alot of money in transport getting up there and staying the nite etc

Is there anyway some 1 can buy my seat of me or get a refund id even take %25 per cent of the £110 seat i won

Comments

• edited August 2013

You paid to enter a sat for a tournament you can't play in, or transfer your seat , or get the cash equivalent?
    Mind boggles

• edited August 2013
    i play frenzys for the cash not to play the tourney
  • edited August 2013
    Hey Donk

I'll take your seat mate, i'll send you a message later on and we'll get it sorted.
  • edited August 2013
    ok m8 dunno how we can get it sorted but we try
  • edited August 2013
    You paid to enter a sat for a tournament you can't play in, or transfer your seat , or get the cash equivalent?
    Mind boggles

I didnt know i wouldnt get the cash equivalent till i regged for newcastle spt when i had 30k in chips n locked up the seat said this tourney is private

normally i play frenzys into the main event each nite and if i qualify i get the cash instead of playing the tourney soemtimes i play the main depends what the mtt is if not i get the cash instead
  • edited August 2013
    100% u cant transfer it?
  • edited August 2013
    what u mean larson if u give me cash for the seat your idonkcallu for the day :)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Just won a seat to spt newcastle via a frenxy but wont be able to go:
    You paid to enter a sat for a tournament you can't play in, or transfer your seat , or get the cash equivalent? Mind boggles I didnt know i wouldnt get the cash equivalent till i regged for newcastle spt when i had 30k in chips n locked up the seat said this tourney is private normally i play frenzys into the main event each nite and if i qualify i get the cash instead of playing the tourney soemtimes i play the main depends what the mtt is if not i get the cash instead
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Ah, ok.
    Yeah, i'm afraid that's normally the case with the SPT sats. Only way you can get the cash instead is if you qualify twice, not that that helps in this case obviously as you're not playing it anyway.
    Why not just go? Sure, it would be reasonably costly with expenses, but they really are great weekends. Who know? you may win it all and cover your costs anyway!

Henrik, noticed you've mentioned a couple of times about buying seats. Really don't think you can do this. Check with Sky to be sure though
  • edited August 2013
    no i have done this b4 on spts pay the £110 buy in for the main event if u qualify via sattelites u get ya £110 bk plus the £110 u have brought in for but sky have stopped it for some reason if i knew this i wouldnt of played the sattelite  knowing i cant play the tourney
  • edited August 2013
    It's just that they haven't opened direct buy-in yet. In the past you'd have been able to do this once direct buy-in was open.

There have been threads for previous SPT's along these lines and seats were definitely non-transferable then. I'd get on to CC and see if they will de-reg you and pay you the buy-in. Otherwise, try PM'ing Rich Prew or Tikay to see if they can help you out.

Customer Care first, though.
  • edited August 2013
    Ok mate no sweat ill take it

In a tournie just now mesg u later
  • edited August 2013
    I'll give you £120 for it ;)
  • edited August 2013

I've sent you a message bud through PM

As soon as it is transferred i will make a payment as per message,

• edited August 2013
    Two things on this one for you IDCU....

1) Cash alternatives aren't available for satellite seats. I'm sure you know that now, but worth knowing for future.
    2) Cutting and pasting chat or PMs on the forum is against the forum guidelines. I've removed that for you.

If you and Larson need to sort this out, might be easiest for you to exchange some PMs. GL.

Thanks,
    Dave