You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sit+Go's

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Would it be an idea if Sky did Sit+Go's throughout the day in a tournament structure.  I.e. As soon as the tournament reached 50 runners itd start.  Then open another Sit+Go/tournament in the lobby as that one starts for people who just missed it.

I know im going to get a lot of people saying that sit and go's aren't popular... but I think thats partly because its only a 6 seater table and there isnt much opportunity to win any decent money.  People enjoy the tournament structure, however the standard freezeouts are dying on skypoker... and id like to see them back.

So heres my thinking.  Do a £5.50 freezeout 72/36 seated max as a sit and go.... with the potential to either run 5 or 50 a day depending on whos online as new tournaments just respawn when the other one has started.

It'd allow those who are up at 8am to enter a decent tournament with others that are online without sky worrying about overlay... plus itd solve a lot of 'there arent enough of these type of tournaments' threads.  The structure would allow for however many people were interested at the time.

Ofc itd go on the tournament tab as no1 would see it otherwise. lol.

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Hi Gazza

This is a great idea but think 72 seater ones bit to big. I would love to see 12, 24, and 36 ones from the 1 quid level. If they opened them at night say after dinner bout half 6 or 7, i am sure the 36 ones would fill within an hour.  
  • edited August 2013
    I mentioned this a few years ago. Would love them to trial say 30 man SnGs in at say 3 levels, to start with. £2.20, £5.50 + £11.

These would have to be placed in the MTT area, and imo will be very popular, especially the £2.20 and £5.50 ones.

If they are place in the SnG section, they will die on their backside.

I think they will provide a popular alternative to the BH's.

It's a win/win for Sky, as they don't risk anything.

Sort it out Sky 

:D pretty please.
  • edited August 2013
    30 man one with top 5 paid would be good get a 2 quid one going tonight i am in.
  • edited August 2013
    30 man sng under the tournament tab FTW 
  • edited August 2013
    You could also bring in rebuy and bh variants into this. I guess its a question if the software can handle it but as we speak there is a £11 timed sng with 2 runners that have been waiting over a week for a game !
  • edited August 2013

30 might be optimistic, 1 way to find out. 

18, 3 tables of 6 (Or 4x4 / 6x3 ;)) and you might get a few going. 

• edited August 2013
    even change the 12 man timed ones to just finish top 3 get paid or something
  • edited August 2013
    great idea I used to love playing sit n go`s on stars the 18 and 27 seaters and still usually jump on there when cash ain`t going well just for a change as stts on here ain`t that great imo.
  • edited August 2013
    Forgot to add, 5 min blinds would be better than 10min imo, if anyone from sky is reading.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sit+Go's:
    Forgot to add, 5 min blinds would be better than 10min imo, if anyone from sky is reading.
    Posted by splashies
    Call it 7 minute blinds ;)

So it sounds as if a 30/36 seated sit and go (6 max) at various leves (£2/£5/£10) would be taken up by a fair few on the site (if it was under the tournament tab ), with a new tournament lobby spawning when the other one has kicked off - all at 0 risk for sky.

So lets take £11 pound as an example:
    36 runners.  Total prize pool £360
    5 paid.
    1st - £125
    2nd - £95
    3rd - £65
    4th - £50
    5th - £35

Notice the payout structure isnt as top heavy as most tournaments. I'd definitely be playing.

Unless people wanted more:

1st - £170
    2nd - £90
    3rd - £50
    4th - £30
    5th - £20

Can one of the sky team look into this please!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sit+Go's : Call it 7 minute blinds ;) So it sounds as if a 30/36 seated sit and go (6 max) at various leves (£2/£5/£10) would be taken up by a fair few on the site (if it was under the tournament tab ), with a new tournament lobby spawning when the other one has kicked off - all at 0 risk for sky. So lets take £11 pound as an example: 36 runners.  Total prize pool £360 5 paid. 1st - £120 2nd - £95 3rd - £65 4th - £50 5th - £40 I'd definitely be playing. Can one of the sky team look into this please!
    Posted by gazza127
    7 min blinds is too long. We want turnover of players so that when one finishes another fills up quickly. 

30/36 should be at the top end of the range, i suspect 12/18 seaters would be more popular. On stars they run 180 man sng rebuys which are prominent within the mtt lobby and fill up quickly. Sky should do the same otherwise we will end up with situations like with people waiting days/weeks for a timed sng to get going. Whilst we are talking about it, sky could move those timed sngs into the mtt lobby just to prove the point. 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sit+Go's : Call it 7 minute blinds ;) So it sounds as if a 30/36 seated sit and go (6 max) at various leves (£2/£5/£10) would be taken up by a fair few on the site (if it was under the tournament tab ), with a new tournament lobby spawning when the other one has kicked off - all at 0 risk for sky. So lets take £11 pound as an example: 36 runners.  Total prize pool £360 5 paid. 1st - £125 2nd - £95 3rd - £65 4th - £50 5th - £35 Notice the payout structure isnt as top heavy as most tournaments. I'd definitely be playing. Unless people wanted more: 1st - £170 2nd - £90 3rd - £50 4th - £30 5th - £20 Can one of the sky team look into this please!
    Posted by gazza127
    If you were going to have 36 man ones i would have top 6 paid as then everyone on the final table gets paid.

I think the 12 man or 18 man ones would be good as a start top 3 and top 4/5 getting paid

Also 5min blinds would be better i think as they would be more popular
  • edited August 2013
    36 man ones would take up to half an hour to fill even at peak times. 12/18 man ones are more like it at 2.20 , 5.50 and 11 with 4 getting paid with 18 runners.  

If sky adopt these ideas, I really hope they dont decide to rake at 15%!
  • edited August 2013
    36 man ones would take up to half an hour to fill even at peak times. 12/18 man ones are more like it at 2.20 , 5.50 and 11 with 4 getting paid with 18 runners.   If sky adopt these ideas, I really hope they dont decide to rake at 15%!
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    But i think one of the issues with having a 12 man SnG is that the prizepool is so much smaller and therefore a lot of people brush over it as not worth their time.

If its a 36 man tournament or even a 30 man tournament at £11 each... then people know that there is at least £300-360 to be won, with a couple of sizeable prizes up top.  If on the other hand 12 people sit and goes are advertised, people know that they have to finish in the top 3 to cash, with only a decent ROI if they win it.

I definitely think that these tournaments would fill up.  You only have to look at the midnight tournament to see that there are enough people on the site at that time to fill up a few of these - even more so earlier on.
  • edited August 2013
    Yes please. I love SnG but never play them anymore as they take too long and structures are not that great. SnG are perfect for tournament newbies as they teach you everything you need to play tournies as they have a definate beginning, middle and end.

Also, I think its been said before but the SkyPoker channel NEEDS a SnG hour at least once a week to generate interest. This could be in a form of 'Beat the Presenter' where you follow one SnG from beginning to end with one of the presenters playing. Then in that hour they can explain why the played hands the way they did.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sit+Go's : But i think one of the issues with having a 12 man SnG is that the prizepool is so much smaller and therefore a lot of people brush over it as not worth their time. If its a 36 man tournament or even a 30 man tournament at £11 each... then people know that there is at least £300-360 to be won, with a couple of sizeable prizes up top.  If on the other hand 12 people sit and goes are advertised, people know that they have to finish in the top 3 to cash, with only a decent ROI if they win it. I definitely think that these tournaments would fill up.  You only have to look at the midnight tournament to see that there are enough people on the site at that time to fill up a few of these - even more so earlier on.
    Posted by gazza127
    I think your being a tad optimistic, to play £11 sngs with 30/36 runner fields you would need a br of at least £500 imo. Theres just soo many reasons why they wouldnt work from where they would sit in the lobby to the declining player traffic. Who wants to wait an hour for a game?

Perhaps sky could run more of their £100 and £150 speed bh's in the evening AND reduce the rake from 15 to 10%. That may be a solution as they are very popular. 
  • edited August 2013

Possibly introducing them to coincide with a BD type promotion if you wanted a kick start. I'd personally play them all the time. 

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sit+Go's : I think your being a tad optimistic, to play £11 sngs with 30/36 runner fields you would need a br of at least £500 imo. Theres just soo many reasons why they wouldnt work from where they would sit in the lobby to the declining player traffic. Who wants to wait an hour for a game? Perhaps sky could run more of their £100 and £150 speed bh's in the evening AND reduce the rake from 15 to 10%. That may be a solution as they are very popular. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Ok.  Well thats why my initial thoughts was a £5.50 one.

And where they'd sit in the lobby - just have it permanently up top in yellow next to the where other promoted tournaments are.  I certainly don't think people will be waiting for an hour for a game if sky actually give it a little bit of promotion instead of hiding it away in the S&G tab.

I'd rather not see an increase the amount of BHs on the site.  There are already so many.  I'd much rather see a format like this for players who are interested in playing small freezeout tournaments where sky dont have to put up a guarentee and worry about whether or not there will be overlay.

I can see a £5.50 freezeout 30/36 seater S&G being very popular on the site if sky gave it a chance.
  • edited August 2013
    It's a major problem that DYMs are the only sng that get any reasonable traffic on here (if we exclude Heads Up sngs). I mean I think its something to do with how heavily marketed the DYMs were a couple of years back it just had such a negative effect on the other types.

It's a nice idea but when the £5.50 freezeouts on the full time schedule barely manage 30-40 at 6pm and 7pm it doesn't look that great. But who knows maybe an on demand 36 runner 5 min blind one could get some decent liquidity going. The worst thing to do would be to price it too large to begin with. It might even be worth testing the market with a £2.20 buy in at first.