You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should I, if so how much?

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Probably one of the most aggro tables I have played at for a long time, villain plays every and any hand.

So questions are: 1) Should I bet the turn and risk being set in?
                          2) As played I am assuming I am ahead but likely he has a ten aswell but I have the A kicker. Should I value bet here also how much?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
TIRAMISU Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £65.90
katiegir16 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £326.97
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

wowee11 Raise  £1.75 £2.50 £16.15
raad Call  £1.75 £4.25 £249.87
Batkin88 Call  £1.75 £6.00 £127.83
TIRAMISU Call  £1.50 £7.50 £64.40
katiegir16 Call  £1.25 £8.75 £325.72
Flop

TIRAMISU Check     
katiegir16 Check     
wowee11 Check     
raad Check     
Batkin88 Bet  £6.56 £15.31 £121.27
TIRAMISU Call  £6.56 £21.87 £57.84
katiegir16 Fold     
wowee11 Fold     
raad Fold     
Turn

TIRAMISU Check     
Batkin88 Check     
River

TIRAMISU Check     
Batkin88 Bet  ????

Comments

• edited August 2013

Pot it pre! :D

Bet turn, £15 or something.

b/f 12/13 quid now?

• edited August 2013
    1) Yes

2) £11.50
  • edited August 2013
    If you bet turn here say £10 ish then they shove you folding here?
  • edited August 2013
    Based on scene set - no.
  • edited August 2013
    bet 3/4 pot on flop half pot turn n river 
  • edited August 2013

Calling pre with these AA is definitely fine and much better than 3betting. If we 3-bet the pot is almost certain to go at least 3 way and could easily go 4/5 way and we're just going to be lost on so many flops. I'd only 3-bet if there was an almost certainty that someone would decide to 4-bet. When we flat anyway we give the blinds an oppurtunity to 3-bet where we can then cold 4 bet close to all in pre-flop.

• edited August 2013
    pre is fine

Only 1 hand beating you so you really going to slow down ?

pound the bet button untill they have no chips left on river

never fold

if they have it - gg

you could argue their is a greater possiblity they have 44 than a 10 but hey......cmon you hero folding :)

• edited August 2013
    If we 3b pre is the opener really going to flat out of that stack?

Doubtful, think he's going to shove. Or fold.

If he shoves we can re-iso and get tonnes in pre?

If he folds, also fine, raad probably folds, or we go HU in position.

*edit. Just realised we're really deep. so maybe flat is best then.

100 deep clear 3bet?
  • edited August 2013

TBH I would sometimes look to 3 bet here but this table was so odd and if I raise here they all call not 1 will fold here. Next to never getting put in so I could 3 bet smallish to build the pot but I don't really like building the pot in Omaha pre.

The issue for me is that on that flop I can't see what else he calls with apart from a house or a set or maybe an overpair. So my thoughts in checking the turn is that the house is beating me and if he holds a ten I am guessing he has pretty connecting cards and could of just housed up or is likely to hold enough outs to call and then leave me open shoving or check calling a range now likely to be ahead of mine.

• edited August 2013
    Didn't realise opener was so short. Makes it slightly more of a reason to 3-bet although I still see a lot of players just calling with 1/3 of their stack in pre so there's definitely no guarantee they shoves or fold.

With AA we either want to get it HU or a lot of money in the pot pre-flop making SPR so small that we can profitably shove any flop. Given Batkins reads on the table, getting it HU is unlikely. And getting a lot of money in pre-flop is probably going to be pretty unlikely without a 3bet from the blinds.

As far as turn and river play go; yes, you will occasionally run into a FH here but villain has a lot more worse hands in his range that will call bets, and so we want to get value from them. So definitely betting the turn here. If we bet the turn and get called, the river is interesting. A lot depends on how you stationy you view your opponent. I think checking back isn't too big a mistake though if we don't have a better read on how light they call down.

As played in the original hand tho where you do check the turn I think you have to bet river. His range will be wider than had you bet the turn so there's definitely a lot of value in betting.
  • edited August 2013
    Yeah my line was to check the turn to call the river or bet fold if he checks to me. (Hoping to get value from JJ QQ KK AA hands.
    I think because of how many went to flop I almost convinced my self we both hold a ten here but even then I still have the best non-house ten so prob should of bet turn and re-evaluated the river. Just seemed a bit easier this way as I knew I wouild get to showdown as happy to call pot on the river from this player.