You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hero call K high

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
walks2311 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £69.44
F_Ivanovic Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £49.70
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K

BobTheBee Fold     
dontazeme Fold     
quiggy1 Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £49.68
budgie0125 Call  £0.60 £1.50 £24.77
walks2311 Fold     
F_Ivanovic Raise  £2.00 £3.50 £47.70
quiggy1 Call  £1.60 £5.10 £48.08
budgie0125 Fold     
Flop

• A
  • J

F_Ivanovic Bet  £2.55 £7.65 £45.15
quiggy1 Call  £2.55 £10.20 £45.53
Turn

F_Ivanovic Check     
quiggy1 Bet  £7.65 £17.85 £37.88
F_Ivanovic Call  £7.65 £25.50 £37.50
River

F_Ivanovic Check     
quiggy1 Bet  £19.13 £44.63 £18.75
F_Ivanovic Call  £19.13 £63.76 £18.37
quiggy1 Show

F_Ivanovic Show
  • Q
  • K

F_Ivanovic Win Ace high £61.96  

Comments

• edited August 2013
    History at the table: villain was opening A LOT of pots. I was 3-betting a super high % against him because of this and had 3 barreled off a number of times 200bb deep. One time he called was when he had J8 and the board ran out T837J. I debated whether to shove river in that hand but thought cause of how loose he was and how much I'd be 3-betting he'd hero call down really light with any pair and given his flop/turn peel I was probably right to shove.
  • edited August 2013
    I call misclick
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Hero call K high:
    I call misclick
    Posted by calcalfold
    Do you hero call much at 4nl?
  • edited August 2013
    So I misclicked both the turn and the river?? Considering misclicks happen once in about every 5000 hands if not way more, I think the chance of me misclicking both is pretty slim!

As to what I put him on - I didn't believe he'd slowplay a strong hand on the flop unless he had something like AA. (Which I think he'd 4bet pre most of the time) and I didn't think he'd be "thin" value betting such big a size. So I suspected he had a lot of gutshot straight draws that he floated on the flop. Things like QT/KQ/Q9/T9 and maybe a few just complete random floats. People that have such a wide range pre like he did usually have to bluff more post flop because they just don't hit that many boards. So I figured I was likely ahead anyway plus I could hit a T, or a K/Q might give me showdown value when he checks back OTR.

River is the brickiest of bricks and he again makes a really big bet and going with my read on the turn I still think I'm good way more often than not, and decide to call. It might be an exploitive mistake to make calls like this because it could lead to aware opponents to value bet me really thin. However, I didn't believe this opponent capable of that, but am willing to adjust in future if I think he starts to value bet me thin.
  • edited August 2013
    How sick would you be if he turns over 23o?

btw, I'm never gonna bluff you again.

Huge credit for this hand ...takes some balls calling a 100b river shove w k high.
  • edited August 2013
    How sick would you be if he turns over 23o? btw, I'm never gonna bluff you again. Huge credit for this hand ...takes some balls calling a 100b river shove w k high.
    Posted by splashies
    haha yeh that was my biggest concern in making the call that he'd be bluffing with a hand better than mine.  That said I think there aren't too many of them hands in his range as most of them he will probably think he has good/OK showdown value with.

And it's funny you should say that, I think I remember a pot with you a week ago or so where you hero called down with A high against me! Unfortunately for you, I had it that time :P If the bluff makes sense (ie. looks like it could be value) i still think you can bluff me and get me to fold ;) The other end of the spectrum to this is me folding KK when a tight player raises me on a Q74 flop!
  • edited August 2013
    Great call!!

Sick if he turned over a bluff that beat you though lol
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Hero call K high : Do you hero call much at 4nl?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    More than you do.