You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

can't he not call the flop if he thinks i'm bluffing or reraise pre

he goes all in post flop after my bet what does he expect to call A2o
SIR_1 Small blind  75.00 75.00 1500.00
xBig blind  150.00 225.00 2755.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

cabbs Fold     
zandan25 Fold     
spleen1981 Fold     
craigcu12 Raise  300.00 525.00 2915.00
SIR_1 Fold     
xCall  150.00 675.00 2605.00
Flop

• Q

xCheck     
craigcu12 Bet  675.00 1350.00 2240.00
xAll-in  2605.00 3955.00 0.00
craigcu12 Call  1930.00 5885.00 310.00
xShow

craigcu12 Show
  • K
  • K

Turn

• J

River

xWin Flush to the Queen 5885.00  5885.00

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Try not to be so results orientated.

We should love it that he stacks off here.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: can't he not call the flop if he thinks i'm bluffing or reraise pre:
    Try not to be so results orientated. We should love it that he stacks off here.
    Posted by calcalfold
    what but do I have to do that will teach villians to fold.
    will they be so bothered if I just do the weak passive approach
  • edited August 2013
    You are missing the point. We dont want villains to fold if believe we are way ahead.

We want to charge them to draw so that it is +ve for us and -ve for them to be chasing.

If this was a 100nl hand that we played out 500 times villan would still win some hands, but you would finish the day ££££ loaded.

To win long term at poker we need to be making the best decisions with the information we have, once we have done this we need to appreciate that the chips just land where they land.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: can't he not call the flop if he thinks i'm bluffing or reraise pre:
    You are missing the point. We dont want villains to fold if believe we are way ahead. We want to charge them to draw so that it is +ve for us and -ve for them to be chasing. If this was a 100nl hand that we played out 500 times villan would still win some hands, but you would finish the day ££££ loaded. To win long term at poker we need to be making the best decisions with the information we have, once we have done this we need to appreciate that the chips just land where they land.
    Posted by calcalfold
    this but is not a cash table hand this came from a MTT so just 1 bad call and that's it i'm likely bust.
    on a cash table if I loose a lot I don't need to worry too much because I know I can restock
    but in MTT's it's different because once my chip stack drops it get easier for the large chip stacks to steal.
  • edited August 2013
    The cash/MTT difference in some marginal spots is true to a point, but this isn't marginal.

You're about 80% favourite.... it's like saying you have the option to get it in AA v KK in the very first hand of an MTT even if you're 300xBB deep and you say 'no thanks'. If you aren't happy in this spot, you're playing the wrong game. Yes sometimes you bust, but alot of the time, you build a stack and that should help you to push on and build an even bigger one and this is the only way we can FT and win MTTs
  • edited August 2013
    Hes in the big blind, for 150 more im calling all day with suited connectors. Maybe his all in was to get you to fold. noway did he want a call. But yes you should be laughting at these spots its what you want
  • edited August 2013
    To answer the question you posted: No, he probably shouldn't expect too much worse to call. That said, flatting with 78 here is terrible so he has to decide then and there if he wants to go with the hand. If he thinks your c-betting range is really wide, then it's going to be much better for him to just shove the money in now because even if he thinks your bluffing, he isn't going to have a clue what to do on the huge majority of turn cards.

For example; you have a hand like AsJc and a Ks falls on the turn. You'll most likely put the rest of your chips in, and now he's in a situation where he probably has to fold; whereas if he'd shoved on the flop you'd have had to fold your AJ. His shove may also get you to fold some better hands, such as 9x, TT/JJ.

Note I'm not saying his play was correct; if he keeps on making plays like this you're going to be the one benefiting, assuming you aren't really wide when you c-bet POT here. I'm just saying that in some situations just calling because you think opponent is bluffing isn't going to be a good line to take when SPR is small and you have a very vulnerable hand.