You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

you should not of called that!! - right or wrong way?

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi Guys,

thought i would put this post up with a poll as i am really curious as to what you all think! there have been threads from players moaning about others making certain calls when they deem they should of folded an had no right to call etc an from players posting up that others moaning at them for their calls etc etc 

Now this used to bother me when i first started here and i was very cautious what i called with, as i did not want the bad press that went with it!! Now i don't care what other people say like " you should not of called with that " as my standard reply will be it's my money and i am entitled to play the game the way i like!!

If it happens to me an i get aplayer who hits through luck, once the cards get turned over and i see my opponents cards and i think jesus! i would not of done anything with those cards except bin them! i don't say anything except Good luck, Well played or Unlucky! depending on the outcome, because as far as i am concerned i have no right to tell another player how or when to play his cards. I keep seeing this more often on here now so i thought i'd start a poll!

I have heard Tikay say on many occasions that it's your money, play your game!

Comments

• edited December 2009
    I'll get the ball rolling! as far as i am concerned it's their money they can play as they want ;)
  • edited December 2009
    Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, tell someone how to play their cards! :)

We want them to play their cards the way they do, because mathematically more often than not, if we get it in ahead, we will WIN. Occasionally the hand that got it in behind will win, but over the long term, they are LOSERS. (For an example of how to run good, ask Sky for my HH from the last APAT tournament, I was such a luckbox!!)

Not only that, but as a whole, people don't like being told how to play, and this can make them not want to play here again. And we want them to play.
  • edited December 2009
    Its there money, if they want to make lose calls and lose, I,m happy with that, come on little fishies barry loves ya :)
  • edited December 2009

I tell em all the time, doesnt mean theyre gonna listen - too busy counting their money! lol

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    so far a it's a no! so why do get so many posts from people saying he should not of called that? or i have been moaned at?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you should not of called that!! - right or wrong way?:
    so far a it's a no! so why do get so many posts from people saying he should not of called that? or i have been moaned at?
    Posted by margatemaf
    Lol, its cos we are poker players and we love to moan, otherwise what else cud we do ;)
  • edited December 2009
    No ( they pay THEIR money, they can play THEIR cards as they want! )

I Agree its up to them what they call with and I'm all for that, but that doesnt mean that we cant have a good moan when they do.

It happens to me that many times I am just used to it - good luck to em!!!!

It also works in your favour aswell somestimes.
  • edited December 2009
      I could not vote because i would have needed a third option. If you see someone making these bad calls and get lucky all you need to do is make notes on them and realise that in the long run they will pay you off, though the short term losses are hard to take.

If someone asks for advice i will give it freely and honestly,with my limited knowledge, but i will never offer it to those who do not ask. I will make notes on mistakes that i see on the table and use these to improve my game and increase my chances of taking these players down.Poker is a ruthless game and people sometimes take criticism badly and leave the table afterwards. Keeping the fish happy whilst taking their money is the way to go
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: you should not of called that!! - right or wrong way?:
      I could not vote because i would have needed a third option. If you see someone making these bad calls and get lucky all you need to do is make notes on them and realise that in the long run they will pay you off, though the short term losses are hard to take.   If someone asks for advice i will give it freely and honestly,with my limited knowledge, but i will never offer it to those who do not ask. I will make notes on mistakes that i see on the table and use these to improve my game and increase my chances of taking these players down.Poker is a ruthless game and people sometimes take criticism badly and leave the table afterwards. Keeping the fish happy whilst taking their money is the way to go
    Posted by Talon
    Thats fine Talon, and i agree if someone asks then by all means give them your point of view! as they have asked for it ;) but we do get a lot of posts that say i was in a game and this happened this dude had no right calling this etc etc you know what i mean .... so i thought i'd just find out exactly what people thought ;)

but your spot on with your observations mate ;)
  • edited December 2009
    There are lots of valid reasons why people call a raise or reraise with so called rubbish whether it be for value, shortstacked etc or invalid reasons eg bad mood, tilting or just dont care.  Its all part of the game and they can do what they want when the entrance fee is paid.

Mike
  • edited December 2009
    Joe navarro

"People don't berate the bad players for the wrong reasons...they do it because you might make them better, or scare them away, but they should be doing it because they are another living person, and it's wrong to treat someone that way, whom have done nothing wrong"

paraphrased ldo, but yeh +1 to the J-man
  • edited December 2009
    of course an annoying call from someone when you are miles ahead and they hit that magic runner runner (which does happen a fair bit) hurts.but it is their money,nobody elses.end of.dav