You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

line check

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
D_Legend Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £20.22
hamster880 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £11.05
gniksoh3 Big blind  £0.10 £0.25 £12.18
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

TOPDOG1 Call  £0.10 £0.35 £10.46
Donttelmum Fold     
gniksoh3 Check     
davies1876 Call  £0.10 £0.45 £28.36
D_Legend Raise  £2.25 £2.70 £17.97
hamster880 Fold     
TOPDOG1 Fold     
gniksoh3 Fold     
davies1876 Call  £2.20 £4.90 £26.16
Flop

• A

D_Legend      
davies1876      
just wondering the best line to take here ?

oppent was playing loose, might even say a but stationy. hench the riase pre.
got nut flush blocker

Comments

• edited August 2013
    WOW.

That is one mega raise you've done. 22.5xbb.  I am so surprised you got a caller.  Id personally be raising to 70p pre.  You've got to c-bet the flop IMO for around half pot.  The range you rep includes all Ax hands including AA.  Oppos hand could just be an underpair.  If you get called I'd try to get to showdown very cheap.  Possibly fold to another bet depending on op history and what the turn brings.

You've inflated the pot massively pre which will cause you to either win or lose a lot more money.  Its best to be playing through the streets.  You have 4 series of betting to get his money.... however when the ace hits your hating life and if you ending up folding, youve lost a lot more than you needed to.
  • edited August 2013
    I actually like the raise size. We got a caller! 
    Disagree with you a bit here Gazza. We definitely want to inflate the pot with our hand against one limper. The sooner the better. I think we feel comfortable that we're ahead pre and so happy to see the pot getting big right from the start.
    I thnk people can sometimes go into auto mode when playing. 
    'We have a caller and I'll add one bb to my raise size" that sort of thing.

If we're looking at the table and feel we can make the pot very big, very quickly when we have a monster then nothing wrong with this. (We do have to be pretty sure though)

A lot of players who come from an online background can really struggle with this when playing live.
    Certainly in 1/2 games live, a standard open fom early position will often be £10. This bviously would be a very unusual open in online cash at the  same stakes.

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: line check:
    I actually like the raise size. We got a caller!  Disagree with you a bit here Gazza. We definitely want to inflate the pot with our hand against one limper. The sooner the better. I think we feel comfortable that we're ahead pre and so happy to see the pot getting big right from the start. I thnk people can sometimes go into auto mode when playing.  'We have a caller and I'll add one bb to my raise size" that sort of thing. If we're looking at the table and feel we can make the pot very big, very quickly when we have a monster then nothing wrong with this. (We do have to be pretty sure though) A lot of players who come from an online background can really struggle with this when playing live. Certainly in 1/2 games live, a standard open fom early position will often be £10. This bviously would be a very unusual open in online cash at the  same stakes.
    Posted by Jac35
    100% agree inflating the pot but 22.5bbs?. But limping & calling so big is that going to happen often enough to raise so big?.
  • edited August 2013
    Raise pre too big imo

B/f small on flop v villain as described
  • edited August 2013
    what a nice c bet size you now have to do lol

raise smaller 80p or something , c bet flop

• edited August 2013
    deffo think the raise pre is to big unless u have done this b4 and know u are gonna get a call then its ok but id raise to about 80 p n c-bet around a £1 on the flop
  • edited August 2013
    I'm assuming op believes he's still going to get action with this raise size preflop. Table reads, whatever.
    This being the case I just can't understand why you would raise less!
  • edited August 2013
    soz should of added infor i raise 1.1 from limp with ak got called, so table was very loose. i was expecting to at least one caller, as i tought they would think y would he do that with aa/kk. heres the hand. 

will insert everytime i try error msg comes up.