You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50 pound deposit

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
hi all played poker a few years on and off now! had a couple of big scores but always had poor BRM. looking to deposit 50pound and hopefully be strict with brm. advice on what games to play etc i prefer cash but like a blunty hunter and decent  heads up player. also advice on brm if poss on each format of the game

Comments

• edited August 2013
    first time on any sort of forum aswell!!
  • edited August 2013
    my advice if u want value for money play the dtd monday which is good fun 3 tourneys for £5.50 

and if u ok at cash stick to 4nl 

also u can win some money free next week theres a team thing on u get to be in a colour team with 1 of the sky presenters or analysts as ya manager just put TEAM in the promo code and ya in some free cash always nice 

good luck at the tables 
  • edited August 2013
    cheers pal.. iv always hdone better at cash.. i seem to build a decent roll then donk it off in a big room.. not played on here before just reading forums and stuff now and im liking it. i feel abc poker is the best at 4nl but i like to m ix it up which is why wh so etimes i move up the limits. but im goingnto give it a real go this time and try stick to good brm. apoloiges for the poor tryping im on ipad waiting for laptop to be fixed lol so i willbe depositing ehen i can multi table
  • edited August 2013
    If you're a decent hu player then I'd jump right into the hu sng's. Avoid the 55p ones as the rake is high and play the 1.05 ones. You can build a decent roll with them. £1 tournies are thin on the ground, but the evening deepstack is a fun one to play in. The are £2.20 bounty hunters but I wouldn't be comfortable playing them with a £50 roll, but im not a very good mtt player. Ive found the micro hu sng's to be be a low risk way of building a workable roll. If I can do it im sure you will.

Best of luck.

Cheers,
    TEDDY
  • edited August 2013
    Would u play the turbos or standard hu sng? I'm much better at turbo but I feel u have less edge when the games quicker
  • edited August 2013
    You can iron out that variance with volume esp if your comfortable multi-tabling. The turbos and hypers are profitable at the micro because there's lots of peeps that down there that play really poorly at shallow stack depth. So you can maintain your edge even in the hypers. I deposited 40 at the begining of the momth and have a profit of about £25 from the husng micro stakes.  And im far away from considering myself a good player.

Cheers,
    TEDDY
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks ted mate. Ye comfortable multi tabling.. Just really struggle with brm after hitting 4 figures twice in the past I struggle to play low stakes.. But I have not played now for touching 3 months after research and seen the likes of Garyqqq do well at such low stakes I'm guna try my up most to build a roll at micro level!!!
  • edited August 2013
    DYMS to build the roll
  • edited August 2013
    Idonkcallu iv just entered the team promo code how do I know what team I'm on etc?...
  • edited August 2013
    I'm awful Dym randy unfortunately lol 
  • edited August 2013
    I'm sure gary would give you advice if you posted in his diary he's a bankroll guru, innit. Yheres loads of freerolls around at themoment too: premiership, rake the rake, 6.30 freeroll. If you've hit four figures before I'm sure you'll do it again.

cheers,
    TEDDY
  • edited August 2013
    ya should get a e mail   by monday i woulda thought to see what team ya in 
  • edited August 2013
    thanks all guna hit the sack! much appreciated.. run good!!!
  • edited August 2013
    gl mate on building your b/roll up

with strict BRM it's very doooable.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited August 2013
    look forward to following this thread as i'm in the same boat. Not really played cash games , so what is this 4nl that I see mentioned a lot on here?