You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS Sat Queries Re Ones running in the next few hours

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi

1)  The 5pm B/H Semi appears to be FL rather than NL.

2)  All of the info in the lobbies indicate they are for tournaments that start at 8pm.  It's causing a little confusion for some people who are not sure if the sats for a £55 MTT are for the 9pm side or the speed BHer.

Cheers

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Thanks a lot for pointing that out Tommy, I've pointed it out to the folks who look after that.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Sat Queries Re Ones running in the next few hours:
    Thanks a lot for pointing that out Tommy, I've pointed it out to the folks who look after that.
    Posted by Sky_Dave

is there any logic behind the secondary event for the ukops tonight being so utterly ridiculously slow. 

8pm ukops £100 4k stack 12 min blinds, starting 15/30

9pm ukops £55 deep 8k stack 15 min blinds NO ANTES starting 10/20. 1.5hours in at end of late reg you'll have 80 bb, and then just remove a couple of levels later on so that you get some horrible jumps from what had been made a smooth structure.

this isn't a deep stack, nor is it a slow comp. it's a DEEP AND SLOW.

15 minutes is just hideously long for a tournament that never has antes. 8k chips 10/20 start is just someone guessing. seems ridic to start that comp later on in the evening after the main when unless it gets very few runners it will take much much longer to play through.

you could very easily swap out the ridiculous 10/20 15/30 early levels and re-introduce the later levels that have been removed, flattening out the tournament structure when it matters and getting rid of some of the stupidly overly deep play in the first few levels.

• edited August 2013
    Yea need to get rid of the early levels at the start which arnt needed then bring back the levels that have been removed later on as these are the levels that matter not the early 1s.
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks Dave for pointing it in the right direction.

Also, I pretty much agree with Beaneh's post and maybe this sort of thin could be looked into for improvements to MTT structures going forward.  I especially like the idea of flattening the tournament structure and IMO would be a boon.
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks Dave for pointing it in the right direction. Also, I pretty much agree with Beaneh's post and maybe this sort of thing could be looked into for improvements to MTT structures going forward.  I especially like the idea of flattening the tournament structure and IMO would be a boon.
    Posted by TommyD

I have offered to discuss before, but obv communication is impossible. guesswork ftw.
  • edited August 2013
    Is 500/1k there?    ;)
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to s:
    Is 500/1k there?    ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I made a joke about this then deleted it because your insistance on this one level tilts the utter idiocy out of me.

yes it is there for main, no not for the others, it's one of the later levels removed, and yes that makes for some big jumps in the mid stages.

just because that level isn't included does not by default make the structure poor.
  • edited August 2013

Because if you were to make 1 single change to the levels, ie add/remove or change 1 single level, the 500/1k would improve the structures more than any other single change. 

And it probably takes 2 clicks. 

Improve = make better than it is right now. Not make decent/good/perfect.

Just put it in every mtt on the site plz. 

• edited August 2013
    Why are the sats so often wrong? Surely someone checks them all before going on the site.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Sat Queries Re Ones running in the next few hours:
    Because if you were to make 1 single change to the levels, ie add/remove or change 1 single level, the 500/1k would improve the structures more than any other single change.  And it probably takes 2 clicks.  Improve = make better than it is right now. Not make decent/good/perfect. Just put it in every mtt on the site plz. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

you are talking hot air. you don't have a single clue what you are talking about. 

In Response to Re: UKOPS Sat Queries Re Ones running in the next few hours:
    Why are the sats so often wrong? Surely someone checks them all before going on the site.
    Posted by jonjo75

obviously not lol
  • edited August 2013
    Because if you were to make 1 single change to the levels, ie add/remove or change 1 single level, the 500/1k would improve the structures more than any other single change.  And it probably takes 2 clicks.  Improve = make better than it is right now. Not make decent/good/perfect. Just put it in every mtt on the site plz. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Do you disagree with this statement bean?

What would your single change be if you could make 1? 

They have time to do it b4 tonight too. 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Sat Queries Re Ones running in the next few hours : Do you disagree with this statement bean? What would your single change be if you could make 1?  They have time to do it b4 tonight too. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I would have you neutered.
  • edited August 2013
    Just type +1, you know it makes sense :D 

• edited August 2013
    I'm glad Beaneh and Doh are having fun.

Satellites are checked but mistakes do occassionally happens. Obviously wouldn't if we had 20 Beaneh's working for us. Thankfully there's only one.

Right, the Side Event structure has been amended. 10k chips (as advertised) but faster clock and faster blinds. The satellite issues should also have been resolved. I have armed a team of Not-Beanehs to keep special eyes on it this Bank Holiday weekend.

Run good at the tables and Beaneh, just PM me the absolute best blind structure please. Ta.