You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this a leak?

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
My opinion is if he had it why would he not b-bet the flop? The flush.str8 and loads or 2 pr combo's come in but as soon as he doesn't c-bet into that wet of a board I put him on non club overs.

When the turn comes down I put him still on overs but likely a big club aswell.

When the river comes I couldn't find a reason to fold considering what I put him on, is this a leak defining a range from basically one move on the flop?

Also I was advised calling 89cc out of the SB here is terrible I have never had any feedback like this before, I could understand if we where 20 bigs deep but what are your thoughts?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Batkin88 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £180.62
Rickyyyy Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £135.34
  Your hole cards

rupert1969 Fold     
mrdavies Raise  £2.00 £2.75 £38.04
castatray Fold     
raychurc23 Call  £2.00 £4.75 £118.13
Batkin88 Call  £1.75 £6.50 £178.87
Rickyyyy Fold     
Flop

Batkin88 Check     
mrdavies Check     
raychurc23 Check     
Turn

Batkin88 Check     
mrdavies Bet  £3.50 £10.00 £34.54
raychurc23 Fold     
Batkin88 Call  £3.50 £13.50 £175.37
River

Batkin88 Check     
mrdavies Bet  £10.00 £23.50 £24.54
Batkin88 Call

Comments

• edited August 2013
    He can check, people can do whatever

you have TP so.....what are you beating

don't mind the call

pre is probs a leak if you have no other ideas of how to continue on misssed flops

• edited August 2013
    i dnt mind your line but id donk lead the river like a blocker bet instaead of putting yaself in a trick decision id bet around £6 as a block bet 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Is this a leak?:
    i dnt mind your line but id donk lead the river like a blocker bet instaead of putting yaself in a trick decision id bet around £6 as a block bet 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Arent we just loosing loads of value here though? if we put oppo on two overs surely the best option is to check.
  • edited August 2013
    i said before i not saying its the right thing to do im no great cash player but its what i would of done not saying its right just saves us from getting in a tricky spot calling a bigger bet thats all 
  • edited August 2013
    yeah don`t know if i`m wrong but think I c/c river.

I think most people bet their draws on flop so and I think it`s less chance he has flush and his bet on turn looks kinda weak to me maybe have 2 overs with one club but I could be wrong and he just got there with 55/a5.

• edited August 2013
    I think calling is the worst option here as your playing a drawing hand OOP. By all means raise and have a good chance of taking the pot down or at least having the initiative.

As played:

Flop: Checking is fine as you can see what happens in front of you as you dont mind it getting checked down. For instance if you get a bet and rasie you can get away or a small bet and call then you can still call with top pair and see what the turn brings.
    Turn: I think we are reasonably sure we have the best hand, it brings the flush but as no-one bet the draw and its an undercard to the board so I think a baby flush is the only think we have to worry about. An overpair and set would surely have c-bet or bet that board against 2 other players. By going with our read (which is a sound judgement) then check calling is good as we keep bluffs in and pot control when we are behind.
    River: Same as turn, could have been better cards and could have been worse. Check calling for pot control and bluff catching is best here as we are definatly good here more times than we are behind.
  • edited August 2013
    yeah, I prefer a reraise pre to a call. IMO there's a huge difference between small pps and suited connectors pre- small pps play well without initiative, but suited connectors need the initiative, and here's why.

With a small pp, you're either hitting big or missing, there's rarely any middle ground. If you miss, you don't want an already inflated pot, and you don't really need the initiative. If you take the initiative, you're forced into almost a pure bluff on any flop, and have to lay down if you get hit back at. By calling pre and leaving your opponent as the aggressor, you can milk him if you hit the set and get out cheaply if you miss. It's completely disguised which leaves you making value a lot easier.

With a suited connector, it's far less likely you hit a made hand on the flop, and if you do it's telegraphed- 3 running cards or a monotone flop, so your oppo is on his guard. If you whiff completely, you can take a stab at it with nothing, or if you get a good piece of the flop, you have something to bluff and follow through with if you get action. Your equity in the hand will normally be much better on the flop with a connector.

As played, c/c river is best IMO. I don't like it much, but he's pretty much polarised to air or nuts. My guess? He's raised with Ac/x. I don't see him having a fl draw on the flop and checking as the preflop aggressor, only to lead on the turn when he hits. I think he's hit the draw on the turn, whiffed the river and bluffed it off. A10+ with the A of clubs. Leading the river just gets us in trouble when he has the hand and raises us, or bluffs us- he's only ever calling with a hand that beats us, so I can't see leading ever being viable. But checking brings all kinds of bluffs into his range.