You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

JJ in BH

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
pointybird Small blind  20.00 20.00 1940.00
F_Ivanovic Big blind  40.00 60.00 3880.00
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

stacey8908 Fold     
deawatts14 Fold     
AP-MCCOY Fold     
andy1947 Raise  80.00 140.00 1280.00
pointybird Fold     
F_Ivanovic Raise  200.00 340.00 3680.00
andy1947 Raise  320.00 660.00 960.00
F_Ivanovic All-in  3680.00 4340.00 0.00
andy1947 All-in  960.00 5300.00 0.00
F_Ivanovic Unmatched bet  2560.00 2740.00 2560.00

Comments

• edited August 2013

No reads at all on villain. So he min-r the BTN and then when I 3-bet, he min 4-bets me. Should I have folded here given how scary his min 4bet looks, or is getting it in fine?

• edited August 2013
    I would do the same. Looks scary, but it's a bh and you have plenty of chips so I just get it in
  • edited August 2013
    What range do we give villain, out of interest?
  • edited August 2013
    1) You should always post the BI if you want good responses. It matters greatly.

2) 3b-snap fold. For a myraid of reasons. Not close imho.
  • edited August 2013
    Depends on the player but interestingly I was in this spot twice today in BH. I raised and got two big allins. Didnt think I was behind, one had AK and the other A6s. If you have notes then go with that. If you think you are a lot better than your table then fold and find a better spot.
  • edited August 2013

Sorry, was a £5.50 bounty hunter, so I expect a pretty weak field in the main. Would that change your opinion on snap folding Smitalos?

• edited August 2013
    in BHs of this stake JJ is certainly worth the call preflop. I once folded a QQ in a mini BH when I saw a limp 3 bet which I reraised then saw 2 all ins so I folded the QQ and to my surprised the best hand was 1010 so I folded the best one pre.
  • edited August 2013
    think its fine  coz its a b/h players seem to be more crazy in em 
  • edited August 2013
    OK, well had a good few replies so will post the results now. Don't have the hand history now but villain had J3!! So yeah, I think the lesson here is never to consider folding such a strong hand in these small tourneys vs an unknown because they can just do some crazy things.

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: JJ in BH:
    ...So yeah, I think the lesson here is never to consider folding such a strong hand in these small tourneys vs an unknown because they can just do some crazy things.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Given the information, I still don't like getting it in here. Even w/QQ I'd consider folding, but end up getting it in under duress just because it's a £5 BH. (as in, people suck in a 5BH, not that £5 means sweet FA or some bs like that)

/> Villian is an unknown. People rarely get in wider than the absolute nuts pre.
    /> Villian min4b.
    /> Villian's probably ~66yo. Super nit much.

Unless this Andy1947 is on crack, (or you have some weird timing tells, or history) I sigh-fold. Without much thought.

Maybe this is all standard for 5BH's, and everyone spazzes constantly. I have little/no experience of games at that level, so maybe I'm the one on crack for even considering folding JJ here.
  • edited August 2013
    Dont think i have ever folded JJ+ pre flop in any mini ever.