You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Only ever been in the hu situation a few times , is there any good threads on how to play in these situations.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Play HU sit and gos

You will soon pick up what works and doesnt work
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to HU:
    Only ever been in the hu situation a few times , is there any good threads on how to play in these situations.
    Posted by limmy01
    Just to help people point you in the right direction, I assume you mean heads-up in a Tournament, right?
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: HU:
    In Response to HU : Just to help people point you in the right direction, I assume you mean heads-up in a Tournament, right?
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    yes , I find it an all in battle , but i'm sure there is a lot more to it than that , so would like some threads to read that help me process the way I deal with this position.

Will have to give the sng games ago just don't want to spew off my br
  • edited August 2013
    just play 50p games for practice, play the turbo 1s
  • edited August 2013
    Play me 10p/20p hu, will give you good practice for tourneys!
  • edited August 2013
    As Larson said HU SNG will help.

Might be worth googling it as there are plenty of articles. Read the info then look to use it in games.

When you can beat 50p games move up.

My advice, position is EVERYTHING in HU.
  • edited August 2013
    A good HU game is absolutely essential if you want to do well in MTTs. 

Forget the money bubble; more money by far is on the line when get HU than at any other time in the entire tournament. The style of poker you need to play is completely different too.

Seek out HU tournament strategy advice online, you'll find plenty of it for free if you search around, articles, videos etc. Then, as others have suggested, practice regularly in HU STTs. Buy into fast games between tournaments. Even if you lose a few quid to start off with it'll pay dividends in the long run.

Getting HU against a strong opponent at the end of a tournament without a clue how to play it is a nightmare. Reverse that and it's a dream :) 
  • edited August 2013
    Play me 10p/20p hu, will give you good practice for tourneys!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Don't listen to this!
    Ivanovid is a v good player!
    Stay away from him!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: HU : Don't listen to this! Ivanovid is a v good player! Stay away from him!
    Posted by macapaca
    made a mental note
  • edited August 2013
    HU in mtts is very different from HU in S&Gs. 

Experiance is the key i think, and something you will gain over time. 

An all in battle im affraid will be the case alot of the time, however sometimes we are deeper and can play normal. 

Its hard to give advice because i would need to know more about stacks etc. 

All the best