You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BRAG - Best cash sesh to date

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
OK, this has probably been eclipsed a hundred times over on this site, but its a personal best for me.

+9 BI`s in 3 1/2 hours at nl20 last night.

Ive had a pretty bad run of things the last couple months, so hoping this good fortune continues.

ps, I would love to hear other ppls biggest winning sessions,

gl

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Glad to hear that the tide has turned buddy!  In the end, the profits will come for the better players - as u are showing.

My best cash session was a few months back on .50/1 where i spun £100 up to £580.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: BRAG - Best cash sesh to date:
    Glad to hear that the tide has turned buddy!  In the end, the profits will come for the better players - as u are showing. My best cash session was a few months back on .50/1 where i spun £100 up to £580.
    Posted by phil12uk
    cheers phil.  £100 - £580 is great.  I remember seeing lolufold a few months back sitting at a £2.50/£5 table with £3500

ps, not sure how much good play was involved really, a lot of the hands played themselves.  I took down a huge pot with my top set vs bottom set vs flush draw. ( well huge in terms of bb`s lol)
  • edited December 2009

Nice one, keep the run going.
  • edited December 2009

Good going Mahoney, how many tables were u playing in those 3 and half hours?

There arent really that many ways to win big pots at cash, the example you gave set over set is probably the most common way of winning/losing a big pot - The good play comes inbetween these sort of hands, the moves u make in position, betting your hands strongly to avoid being outdrawn, or at least get it in ahead.  Also discipline and winning the small pots that nobody seems to want. If u get the odd AA v JJ pre n he cant lay it down, this always helps too - the balance keeps rising.

Going off the point here....table selection .....

When I was watching mastercash last night, I decided Id just put the lappy down for a couple of hour n watch it properly. As I was waiting for it to start, I flicked thru the tables at 25/50 to see what was happening and noticed an empty seat at a ten seater table and thought why not!

Sat down, n decided to play JJ QQ KK AA, AKS Strongly (6xbb) , and limp/call with any pair .

I canny believe how easy it was, I didnt watch the table at all once I folded, as I was focussing on mastercash, didnt make any notes or try any steals/button raises. - If I wasnt watching tele Ida been so bored.

Limp UTG, raise cut off to 1-50, Im on the button with AA, I raise to 8 quid, the BIG BLIND calls, the limper calls, the cut off calls, we have £32 in the pot pre 4 ways with a 50pence BB!!! I bet the flop fold fold fold.

Think Im gonna play more of these 10 seaters in cash games, it really is as easy as A B C!!

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    Nice one, keep the run going.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks tk. appreciated
  • edited December 2009
    Good going Mahoney, how many tables were u playing in those 3 and half hours? There arent really that many ways to win big pots at cash, the example you gave set over set is probably the most common way of winning/losing a big pot - The good play comes inbetween these sort of hands, the moves u make in position, betting your hands strongly to avoid being outdrawn, or at least get it in ahead.  Also discipline and winning the small pots that nobody seems to want. If u get the odd AA v JJ pre n he cant lay it down, this always helps too - the balance keeps rising. Going off the point here....table selection ..... When I was watching mastercash last night, I decided Id just put the lappy down for a couple of hour n watch it properly. As I was waiting for it to start, I flicked thru the tables at 25/50 to see what was happening and noticed an empty seat at a ten seater table and thought why not! Sat down, n decided to play JJ QQ KK AA, AKS Strongly (6xbb) , and limp/call with any pair . I canny believe how easy it was, I didnt watch the table at all once I folded, as I was focussing on mastercash, didnt make any notes or try any steals/button raises. - If I wasnt watching tele Ida been so bored. Limp UTG, raise cut off to 1-50, Im on the button with AA, I raise to 8 quid, the BIG BLIND calls, the limper calls, the cut off calls, we have £32 in the pot pre 4 ways with a 50pence BB!!! I bet the flop fold fold fold. Think Im gonna play more of these 10 seaters in cash games, it really is as easy as A B C!! DOHH

5-6 tables.  I agree about the in between hands.  It is one of the main things I noticed when I took a shot at nl50.  A lot of the time you are playing for stacks at nl20 but I noticed that wasnt the case at nl50.  I have to concentrate on this part of my game as its essential in moving up.

As for 1 tabling a 10 seat table, Do ppl actually do this,lol.  No, seriously it would also bore me senseless but I think I should be doing this now and again (6 seater), and study the players intensely making loads of notes etc
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
  • edited December 2009
    Solid brag sir, vwp.
  • edited December 2009
    solid brag, n1 dude.

Biggest winning sesh was a few days ago +14 BI @ 100NL HU on another site in like a 13 hour session or something.

To celebrate, I staked someone @ 10NL for 20 buyins, which may sound lame, but kinda wanted to get into staking, and should be like a solid $50 p/m.

• edited December 2009
    Think I have just had mine (are the mentors listening)... Sat on a 25/50p with the full £50, within 20 minutes I had over £250. I was sat with Phil who was gob-smacked and obviously giving me abuse as you would expect (although none of the money came directly from him). £200 profit in 20 minutes = £10 a minute profit.
  • edited December 2009
    Well done mate. keep it up. My biggest win was, i think, 37p. could of been 36, but hey who's counting. lol.
  • edited December 2009
    Think I have just had mine (are the mentors listening)... Sat on a 25/50p with the full £50, within 20 minutes I had over £250. I was sat with Phil who was gob-smacked and obviously giving me abuse as you would expect (although none of the money came directly from him). £200 profit in 20 minutes = £10 a minute profit.
    Posted by FlashFlush

niiicceee. Thats £600/hr pro rata lol
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Raising 6x pre with KK and getting called by J,10 - then J high flop = getting paid. Then exact same scenario except called by J,9 and J high flop. I sat with my £55 quid and watched players come and go whilst Flash raked in an early xmas present lol.

*Note to mentors, i sat there solidly folding and respecting raises showing immaculate discipline ;) *
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: BRAG - Best cash sesh to date : Raising 6x pre with KK and getting called by J,10 - then J high flop = getting paid. Then exact same scenario except called by J,9 and J high flop. I sat with my £55 quid and watched players come and go whilst Flash raked in an early xmas present lol. *Note to mentors, i sat there solidly folding and respecting raises showing immaculate discipline ;) *
    Posted by phil12uk
     LOL
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: BRAG - Best cash sesh to date :  LOL
    Posted by FlashFlush
    And I watched and railed, showing perfect BRM technique, by not playing at the 25/50 level lol
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: BRAG - Best cash sesh to date : And I watched and railed, showing perfect BRM technique, by not playing at the 25/50 level lol
    Posted by Grimstar30
     So as it turns out, me playing and winning a stupid amount in a short amount of time, is not as good as a player folding all the time and another player being a rail bird.... GRR I really dont understand this game ;-)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: BRAG - Best cash sesh to date :  So as it turns out, me playing and winning a stupid amount in a short amount of time, is not as good as a player folding all the time and another player being a rail bird.... GRR I really dont understand this game ;-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    tbf a trained monkey coulda won that cash in ur situation with ur cards ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to BRAG - Best cash sesh to date:
    OK, this has probably been eclipsed a hundred times over on this site, but its a personal best for me. +9 BI`s in 3 1/2 hours at nl20 last night. Ive had a pretty bad run of things the last couple months, so hoping this good fortune continues. ps, I would love to hear other ppls biggest winning sessions, gl
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Well done OMahonyO nice to see you winning again.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: BRAG - Best cash sesh to date : tbf a trained monkey coulda won that cash in ur situation with ur cards ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    really?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: BRAG - Best cash sesh to date : really?
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    Really :)

Ur avatar would probably have been fine (and £200+ up)
  • edited December 2009
    solid brag, n1 dude. Biggest winning sesh was a few days ago +14 BI @ 100NL HU on another site in like a 13 hour session or something. To celebrate, I staked someone @ 10NL for 20 buyins, which may sound lame, but kinda wanted to get into staking, and should be like a solid $50 p/m.
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    omg, 13 hrs of hu.  that is super human.  Nice result.  how does your staking deal work if thats not too personal
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: BRAG - Best cash sesh to date : omg, 13 hrs of hu.  that is super human.  Nice result.  how does your staking deal work if thats not too personal
    Posted by OMahonyO
    I give him $200, He plays 10NL 6 max for a month. Whatever he makes he gives me 50% of. At the end of the month, If we both want to continue, the same thing repeats. At the end of the staking deal, he gives me the $200 back. He does not owe me any losses.
  • edited December 2009
    yeah u were on fire, u busted me for like £40 with a set over set :-( then busted some 1 else floppin the str8 when they had a set