You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Have sky finally listened!!!!

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
In Response to Have sky finally listerned!!!!:
I have been so annoyed by the peeps on here asking for password's to freeroll's, all you needed to enter any of this freeroll's was a password, we all know how easy this is (twitter, facebook, even on this forum). So i mentioned about pre-regging all eligible players and that way there is no password and the mtt is for the players it was ment to be for. I put my hands up as i did play a few of this said mtt's, but this was a flaw by SKY that some did take advantage of.  Also this freeroll's never reached there maxium field of runners. A few of you was giving alot of stick to a small amount that did abuse this, but i ask you if you see £10 in the street would you pick it up???   This was i fault by SKY and not players on here, but well done SKY for finally sorting this, even tho there is no more free monies :-( Gl all at the tables  (RANT OVER lol) 
Posted by ms-tree
If you found an unlocked car with the keys in, would you drive it?

Comments

• edited August 2013
    I have been so annoyed by the peeps on here asking for password's to freeroll's, all you needed to enter any of this freeroll's was a password, we all know how easy this is (twitter, facebook, even on this forum).

So i mentioned about pre-regging all eligible players and that way there is no password and the mtt is for the players it was ment to be for.

I put my hands up as i did play a few of this said mtt's, but this was a flaw by SKY that some did take advantage of.  Also this freeroll's never reached there maxium field of runners.

A few of you was giving alot of stick to a small amount that did abuse this, but i ask you if you see £10 in the street would you pick it up???  

This was i fault by SKY and not players on here, but well done SKY for finally sorting this, even tho there is no more free monies :-(

Gl all at the tables  (RANT OVER lol) 
  • edited August 2013

Well no i wouldn't as dont drive lol, but get what you are saying mattbates, i said this as felt best way to descibe what i ment. 9and what SKY was doing)

SKY seem to have sorted this now, so no more WHATS THE PASSORD forum posts, or getting abused on tables for asking for passwords.  Can only be a positve move from SKY, and i for one am very happy that this has been dealt with.

Gl all at the tables

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Have sky finally listerned!!!!:
    Well no i wouldn't as dont drive lol, but get what you are saying mattbates, i said this as felt best way to descibe what i ment. 9and what SKY was doing) SKY seem to have sorted this now, so no more WHATS THE PASSORD forum posts, or getting abused on tables for asking for passwords.  Can only be a positve move from SKY, and i for one am very happy that this has been dealt with. Gl all at the tables
    Posted by ms-tree
    stupid bittch
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Have sky finally listerned!!!!:
    ... but i ask you if you see £10 in the street would you pick it up??? ...
    Posted by ms-tree
    (assuming that it belonged to no-one, and that there was no way to find it's rightful owner...)
    Your analogy is flawed.
    I wouldn't expect someone else to pick it up on my behalf.

Freerolls should almost always be opt-in rather than opt-out.

For a thread like this to even exist, berating Sky management for not registering everyone eligible (whether they want to play in a FR or not) is madness.
    What next? Threads about how some people forgot about a promo, because Sky didn't contact them directly about them?

It is the responsibility of the PLAYER to make sure he/she is registered for anything they wish to partake in.

If Sky are consistantly late with password releases, or distribute incorrect information, you'd have a case to address those issues as such. Either way, the way it's been phrased in OP isn't an optimal response by the player(s), imo.
  • edited August 2013
    And if Sky did register everyone in advance for a freeroll, how long before we get a thread moaning about the number of "away" players and how they detract from the enjoyment of the tournament???
  • edited August 2013
    Simple answer to your question FCHD  away players if away at end of level 1 will be removed from said mtt.  Other sites hold huge freerolls and there are more then 2000 runners all going for little money, but after level 1 more often then not only 200/300 are in.

Password mtt's do not work, for many reasons. I was only saying there are ways in which sky can go about all this in a better light then they do at moment.

Gl all at the tables
  • edited August 2013
    There is no "R" in listened.
  • edited August 2013
    Just run all password tourneys as prem warm ups/priority freerolls,you can only reg if you are on the list held by sky and don't open reg till near start time.Everybody's happy.  
  • edited August 2013
    Spot on belsibub, hope someone takes note.
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks ohimgod, r removed lol
  • edited August 2013
    As this is a site for adults (18+), shouldn't we all take responsibility for our own actions.

People who are entitled to play should be able to turn up late if they wish.

However, people who aren't entitled to play should not ask for passwords and should not enter.

To blame SKY when you have done this is beyond comprehension.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Have sky finally listened!!!!:
    As this is a site for adults (18+), shouldn't we all take responsibility for our own actions. People who are entitled to play should be able to turn up late if they wish. However, people who aren't entitled to play should not ask for passwords and should not enter. To blame SKY when you have done this is beyond comprehension.
    Posted by dragon1964
    It seems only you & I see it that way Mr Dragon. Post of the Week that, imo.

It is like getting caught shoplifting in Tescos, then blaming Tesco because it is easy to steal stuff from a Supermarket!

The thing that really astonishes is that those who do so are NOT improperly taking money from Sky Poker - the Prize Pool in a Freeroll does not change, if they offer a £500 Freeroll, £500 is paid. What these "freeloaders" are doing is stealing money from fellow players, not Sky Poker. And Sky Poker are deemed responsible for it!

I'm sure I am losing my mind, but you put it perfectly - "beyond comprehension" 

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Have sky finally listened!!!!:
    In Response to Re: Have sky finally listened!!!! : It seems only you & I see it that way Mr Dragon. Post of the Week that, imo. It is like getting caught shoplifting in Tescos, then blaming Tesco because it is easy to steal stuff from a Supermarket! The thing that really astonishes is that those who do so are NOT improperly taking money from Sky Poker - the Prize Pool in a Freeroll does not change, if they offer a £500 Freeroll, £500 is paid. What these "freeloaders" are doing is stealing money from fellow players, not Sky Poker. And Sky Poker are deemed responsible for it! I'm sure I am losing my mind, but you put it perfectly - " beyond comprehension"    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you Tikay.

From a proud member of TEAM GREEN.

• edited August 2013

Problem with people asking about passwords

Sky need to promote these tourneys better, explaining how to qualify

Problem with away players in free rolls

Sky need to stop allowing people to register so far in advance, Why is any more than one hour necessary?