You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My 1st Primo so close I could smell the cash lol

played in my first primo tonight, got entry through the freeroll so can't complain about not cashing. as a fairly new player I was really pleased with a 67th place finish got unlucky at the end.. all in with A 10 called by table leader with K J suited I flopped an ace but ended up losing to the flush, so hey nothing ventured nothing gained.

My point really is this.... I know I would never of got that deep in a tourney 6 months ago but since registering on here in October I have learned so much from reading the more experienced players posts on this forum, thanks to you all for sharing your opinions on the game, for a newbe like me it is invaluable advice

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Well done. A very good 1st effort at the big one.
    The Community on this site is the best.
    If you need any advice on anything, don't be afraid to ask. There is always someone that can answer your question sensibly
  • edited December 2009
    Congratulations BIGFISH - I've cashed in 30th place (£105) and diablo_pez in 16th (£127.50) and we're both freeroll qualifiers aswell so it's been great night all round! Many thanks to Sky for the opportunity to play in tournament that's normally beyond my means...
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: My 1st Primo so close I could smell the cash lol:
    Congratulations BIGFISH - I've cashed in 30th place (£105) and diablo_pez in 16th (£127.50) and we're both freeroll qualifiers aswell so it's been great night all round! Many thanks to Sky for the opportunity to play in tournament that's normally beyond my means...
    Posted by Action_Dan
    well played Dan good result for both of you I was on a table with pez for the first hour or so, unfortunatly it was such a tight table that nobody could really get started so an amazing position for pez must of got really busy through the middle of the tourney
  • edited December 2009
    Well done both of you, takes some doing that - I have learnt alot since joining Sky Poker too, managed to cash in the 1000 mtt tonight, won £7.43 for a £5.50 buy - 2 hours work for £1.93 but it doesn't matter, it's 2 hours of learning experience.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: My 1st Primo so close I could smell the cash lol:
    Well done both of you, takes some doing that - I have learnt alot since joining Sky Poker too, managed to cash in the 1000 mtt tonight, won £7.43 for a £5.50 buy - 2 hours work for £1.93 but it doesn't matter, it's 2 hours of learning experience.
    Posted by kalooki8

£1.93 up is far better than £5.50 down, anywhere in the cash is a great result well played and as you so rightly said it's 2 hours of experience gained