You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ukops £55 bounty hunter side event error

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
I just came 2nd in the ukops side event and received £269.75 for this plus £212.11 for 3 head prizes.  The tournament had an error in that 75% of the prize pool was being taken out for bounties instead of the usual so the winner received £1456.56 plus £466.88.  We were effectively playing like a £1k heads up game because of the error and he had over £600 on his head at the time.  Not sure how this could have happened who ever set the tournament up has made an error but not sure how an error like this could be made considering there is countless bounty hunter tournaments on sky throughout the day.  It is dissapointing for such an error like this to have happened especially as it was for ukops.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Ukops £55 bounty hunter side event error:
    I just came 2nd in the ukops side event and received £269.75 for this plus £212.11 for 3 head prizes.  The tournament had an error in that 75% of the prize pool was being taken out for bounties instead of the usual so the winner received £1456.56 plus £466.88.  We were effectively playing like a £1k heads up game because of the error and he had over £600 on his head at the time.  Not sure how this could have happened who ever set the tournament up has made an error but not sure how an error like this could be made considering there is countless bounty hunter tournaments on sky throughout the day.  It is dissapointing for such an error like this to have happened especially as it was for ukops.
    Posted by bearlyther
    These things happen I guess, but not at all impressed that they have removed the previous thread.  If people have lost out it is legitimate for them to complain here.  Of course it is fine to remove the more veciforous complaints too.

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Ukops £55 bounty hunter side event error:
    In Response to Ukops £55 bounty hunter side event error : These things happen I guess, but not at all impressed that they have removed the previous thread.  If people have lost out it is legitimate for them to complain here.  Of course it is fine to remove the more veciforous complaints too.
    Posted by Doooobs
    Morning dooooooobs.

I was not aware it had been removed - is this not it,
    HERE  ?

I never saw any other threads about it, though perhaps I missed them, or they were a little too veciforous. Threads are only removed in extremely dire circumstances, they are more often closed. I was monitoring the Forum all evening, & I certainly did not remove any threads. TommyD closed a few which were sort of duplicating stuff, thats all, but I was not aware that he removed any. If I'm wrong, of course, apologies.  

Well done on 4th place though!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Ukops £55 bounty hunter side event error:
    In Response to Re: Ukops £55 bounty hunter side event error : Morning dooooooobs. I was not aware it had been removed - is this not it, HERE   ? I never saw any other threads about it, though perhaps I missed them, or they were a little too veciforous . Threads are only removed in extremely dire circumstances, they are more often closed. I was monitoring the Forum all evening, & I certainly did not remove any threads. TommyD closed a few which were sort of duplicating stuff, thats all, but I was not aware that he removed any. If I'm wrong, of course, apologies.   Well done on 4th place though!
    Posted by Tikay10
    My bad, I am on the phone.

The error obviously changed the dynamic a bit, but if I had won a £400 bounty, I wouldn't be unhappy.  Swings and Swongs.

Hope today is smoother.
  • edited August 2013

Yup, swings & swongs.

Trouble is, everyone who swong thought they should swing, & vice versa

You are right, of course, it did change the dynamic. The money paid out was the same, it just got distributed differently.

The short stack still busted when they lost a flip though. ;) 
  • edited August 2013
    the three max was an absolute farce and i want my7 money back
  • edited August 2013
    Would just like to add that the winner throughly deserved his victory heads up but thats beside the fact that the structure was still a circus.
  • edited August 2013
    well done on 2nd bearlyther, but I agree that its not good enough,  Sky is a good site but its not very impressive in ukops, where some players from various sites might play and judge the site, that such a big error can be made.  This on top of the 3 max table tournament mix up is just not good enough tbh, its not very professional.  Everyone makes mistakes but this stuff happens so often on sky.  Unfortunate for you that u didn't win it though, would of been a nice win seeing as it was that much top heavy.