You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

do sky want outspoken ppl at apat?

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
ok all im not 1 for sucking up to any 1so will my attitude(not that i have 1)be against me cus im out ove what u c is what u get school ......many thx del

Comments

• edited December 2009
    As long as its in the right context, not offensive and aggressive you will be fine.

APAT is for AMATUERS so basicly people who play for fun. Tikay always says poker is about the fun. If they feel its being taken away by a certain player then the player will be removed.
  • edited December 2009

I'm a bit non-plussed by that question.

We in APAT certainly don't expect players to "suck up" to each other, we encourage good competitive poker, & we get it.

But we certainly don't allow ill-manners, abuse to Dealers or other Players, or drunken behaviour, & if we see it, the Player could/would be Penalised, & potentially disqualified. We have Banned APAT Members for drunken behaviour previously, & won't hesitate to do so again if a Player's behaviour is marring the enjoyment of others.  

On this occasion, I am wearing 2 Hats - APAT & Sky Poker - so if a Sky Poker player got out of line, I'd be mortified, & extremely embarrassed.

I expect our captain to ensure the Sky Poker & APAT ethos - which are similar - will be vigorously encouraged. And I know he won't disappoint.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to do sky want outspoken ppl at apat?:
    ok all im not 1 for sucking up to any 1so will my attitude(not that i have 1)be against me cus im out ove what u c is what u get school ......many thx del
    Posted by DELTA
    For me in life there is nothing wrong whatsoever for telling it like you see it. Some people will respect you for it and some will get irate but that is life and we all have to deal with it. For me, i totally respect people that ain't afraid to call a spade a spade (no pun intended lol!)

Regarding the APAT team event, whoever qualifies for it just be yourself, enjoy the experience,represent Sky Poker with class and dignity and if you win the main event (and hopefully Team Sky Poker win the overall team event) and get that GUKPT package which we all would like to have then you would certainly have a lot of support from me and the rest of the Sky Poker community.

I know what i've got to achieve to get a place in the final 8 and it's not going to be easy but even if i don't qualify, i'm going to make sure i'll get down to G Manchester to support the troops.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: do sky want outspoken ppl at apat?:
    In Response to do sky want outspoken ppl at apat? : For me in life there is nothing wrong whatsoever for telling it like you see it. Some people will respect you for it and some will get irate but that is life and we all have to deal with it. For me, i totally respect people that ain't afraid to call a spade a spade (no pun intended lol!) Regarding the APAT team event, whoever qualifies for it just be yourself , enjoy the experience,represent Sky Poker with class and dignity and if you win the main event (and hopefully Team Sky Poker win the overall team event) and get that GUKPT package which we all would like to have then you would certainly have a lot of support from me and the rest of the Sky Poker community. I know what i've got to achieve to get a place in the final 8 and it's not going to be easy but even if i don't qualify, i'm going to make sure i'll get down to G Manchester to support the troops.
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    I agree 100% - as long as it's not a metphor for rudeness & flaming.

Clearly, that does not apply to DELTA, but to be honest, as I said in my earlier reply, I'm struggling to understand the point of the question, or even the Thread Title!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: do sky want outspoken ppl at apat?:
    In Response to do sky want outspoken ppl at apat? : For me in life there is nothing wrong whatsoever for telling it like you see it. Some people will respect you for it and some will get irate but that is life and we all have to deal with it. For me, i totally respect people that ain't afraid to call a spade a spade (no pun intended lol!) Regarding the APAT team event, whoever qualifies for it just be yourself , enjoy the experience,represent Sky Poker with class and dignity and if you win the main event (and hopefully Team Sky Poker win the overall team event) and get that GUKPT package which we all would like to have then you would certainly have a lot of support from me and the rest of the Sky Poker community. I know what i've got to achieve to get a place in the final 8 and it's not going to be easy but even if i don't qualify, i'm going to make sure i'll get down to G Manchester to support the troops.
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    What i meant was just a generalisation in everyday life and certainly was not aimed at doing it at an APAT event.

To represent Sky Poker at anything (even if there was a world series of tiddlywinks!!) would be an honour and with that honour comes a responsibility to make a good impression and make that indivdual contribution to what i hope will be a superb event and that everyone leaves the tournament with a smile on their face.