You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£11 bounty hunter now what we do on the turn the bet pot commits himself thoughts?

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
villain has taken such a strong line check raise flop donk lead half hes stack on turn rabbit11Small blind 200.00200.0012540.00IDONKCALLUBig blind 400.00600.0019610.00 Your hole cardsQK   rich-a-64Fold    darryn1973Fold    nonnieCall 400.001000.0021580.00rabbit11Call 200.001200.0012340.00IDONKCALLUCheck    Flop  105Q   rabbit11Check    IDONKCALLUBet 800.002000.0018810.00nonnieFold    rabbit11Raise 2400.004400.009940.00IDONKCALLUCall 1600.006000.0017210.00Turn  7   rabbit11Bet 4400.0010400.005540.00

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Im raising pre 100% of the time here.  Then we give ourselves the initiative and people give us more credit for being in the hand, so when you are raised you have a better idea of the strength of their hand.  Some might see it as a squeeze and come along anyway but then I think we are quite happy with the flop so see no issues with continuing into a bigger pot.

As played... its one of those 5050s.  He either has Q10, 55 or J9/KJ or as you havent raised pre...10 5.  Cant see any reason why any other hand would be raising here.

Im happy to fold and find a better spot.  No need to commit most of our stack with top pair K kicker. We are either just ahead or miles behind.
  • edited August 2013
    thought about raising but found the opponent easy to bluff n easy to get paid on so played small ball i agree tho i whould raise most times i would raise here 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: £11 bounty hunter now what we do on the turn the bet pot commits himself thoughts?:
    thought about raising but found the opponent easy to bluff n easy to get paid on so played small ball i agree tho i whould raise most times i would raise here 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

How can they be both ?    :/
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: £11 bounty hunter now what we do on the turn the bet pot commits himself thoughts?:
    In Response to Re: £11 bounty hunter now what we do on the turn the bet pot commits himself thoughts? : How can they be both ?    :/
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    LOL! He's obviously a station that folds alot postflop, come on JJ!

Yeah easy raise pre.
  • edited August 2013
    basically hes pooo jj  ;)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    1) Probably best to remove name if your gonna say that

2) It's not very good knowing they're a bad player but not knowing HOW they're bad... are they a station or are they nitty postflop and fold too much? Makes a pretty humungous difference about how to play against them
  • edited August 2013
    think bet sizing on this hand kinda tells ya everything u need to know half pot out of ya stack says all 
  • edited August 2013
    I really don't know what to say............
  • edited August 2013
    I like watching tables, and I've watched IDCU quite a lot. To me your play SCREAMS my AQ,KQ,QJ (yes you obviously had one of those) has just hit a paired Q. An I'm rubbish at poker, but I would of been 100% confident (from the information I have on you) you had a pair of Queens maybe with an Ace.

I literally, could tell you how you will play J-10 suited on a 9-5-4 flop lol, I seriuosly have pages of hands, where people fold, what they had, what they folded, when they raised. Not so I can beat you, but so I can learn from it myself.

An yes, I have watched a lot of the regulars here for upto 3 hours writing down every action, every raise, every fold, an what was flopped, turned, rivered, if a raise was made when a 3 bet, C-bet, min raise I love it when a hand is shown.