You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hating this the more i think about it

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Villian is a well known here so not going to give my specific notes as think that is unfair as keeping the name in as there was no showdown.

Preflop im happy with flat from Lambert the more i think about it since i think could be 1010 or jj dont think this is ever j10 or AA so we are looking at any other pocket pair imo. At the time i put him on a set as can't see why else he would shove flop starting to think a call may be correct as beating 1010 jj qq

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancejams88Small blind £0.10£0.10£28.19Lambert180Big blind £0.20£0.30£24.79 Your hole cardsKK   stevieboy8Call £0.20£0.50£20.12rancidRaise £0.80£1.30£18.14Chrissy_CCall £0.80£2.10£51.23horts888Fold    jams88Raise £3.20£5.30£24.99Lambert180Call £3.10£8.40£21.69stevieboy8Fold    rancidFold    Chrissy_CCall £2.50£10.90£48.73Flop  798   jams88Bet £7.80£18.70£17.19Lambert180All-in £21.69£40.39£0.00Chrissy_CFold    jams88Fold    Lambert180Muck    Lambert180Win £25.17 £25.17Lambert180Return £13.89£1.33£39.06

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Might post up what I had later, still grinding now but imo it's definitely a bad fold. Very shocked to see you had KK here.

FWIW, if I did have a set here, I'm far more likely to peel cos it's rainbow and so little of your range will be anywhere near that straight draw, so I wouldn't be scared of you catching up at all.

By the time it goes in the pot is £25 and you only have £17 left, think you have to call given my range.
  • edited August 2013
    Yeah think i got this pretty wrong. I think its more likely that you peel 1010 jj pick up a OESD or gutty aswell as the overpair and think this is about the best flop you could hope for GIN.

I thought it highly unlikely that you would be bluffing here so had to think you had me beat or good equity.

Been making some good folds with aa and kk post flop recently but i think this is a terrible 1 sigh
  • edited August 2013
    looks like a bad peel and a bad shove by villian

50/50 if it's a bad/good fold by hero

if villian ever has a set then just call him a fish :D

• edited August 2013
    Don't wanna give too much away but the only thing I will say is that I promise you I did not have a set lol.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Hating this the more i think about it:
    Don't wanna give too much away but the only thing I will say is that I promise you I did not have a set lol.
    Posted by Lambert180
    That always means Quads... ;)
  • edited August 2013
    Villain is most likely holding QQ here, chance of AA. KK is unlikely as you have them. Ak would obv fold flop. Agreed never a set or a bluff and never a draw.

Looks like a call to me.
  • edited August 2013
    flopped nut str8 :) 
  • edited August 2013
    9 10s, loose call pre but possible
  • edited August 2013
    9 10s, loose call pre but possible
    Posted by Donttelmum

I laughed and laughed and laughed.

You think highly of Lambert then :D
  • edited August 2013
    DTM has seen the full force of my spewy calls pre Rancid lol. That's the plan innit, call V the nits with any old junk.. flop the goods, crack their KK+   but he went and folded it!

FWIW Donk, JTs is possible pre but I'm not shipping when I flop the absolute dream flop

9Ts is less likely but far from impossible
  • edited August 2013
    DTM has seen the full force of my spewy calls pre Rancid lol. That's the plan innit, call V the nits with any old junk.. flop the goods, crack their KK+   but he went and folded it! FWIW Donk, JTs is possible pre but I'm not shipping when I flop the absolute dream flop 9Ts is less likely but far from impossible
    Posted by Lambert180

yh just call 3.10 with anything - tis fine we always flop monsters

this is how we make money at the game right :)
    wow I am so excited may just keep on calling big 3 bets all day and see if I win money
    I may actually get lucky !!

• edited August 2013
    I personally don`t think lambert cold call 3bet with med pairs and shove when hit that massive.

looks more like 10s/jj/qq to me I would defo call.
  • edited August 2013
    Damn lamberts such a monster he turns QQ into a bluff and gets his villain to fold KK!
  • edited August 2013

ship $2 to DOHHHHHHH on stars and I'll pm u Lamberts hand.
  • edited August 2013
    Would love to know what he had actually cause the shove makes no sense if we think about lamberts thinking pre

u seriously shoving verus known better, if so why call pre

if your shoving versus known worse, why ?

• edited August 2013
    ship $2 to DOHHHHHHH on stars and I'll pm u Lamberts hand.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Nice to see you're finding a way to make money out of me ;)
  • edited August 2013
    Would love to know what he had actually cause the shove makes no sense if we think about lamberts thinking pre u seriously shoving verus known better, if so why call pre if your shoving versus known worse, why ?
    Posted by rancid
    @lambert180
  • edited August 2013
    Would love to know what he had actually cause the shove makes no sense if we think about lamberts thinking pre u seriously shoving verus known better, if so why call pre if your shoving versus known worse, why ?
    Posted by rancid
    Ok well let's take it one step at a time from the point of view of someone that doesn't know what I have (like you) lol.

What do you think is my entire range of hands that I would cold call here pre?
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Hating this the more i think about it : Ok well let's take it one step at a time from the point of view of someone that doesn't know what I have (like you) lol. What do you think is my entire range of hands that I would cold call here pre?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Well, if you tell us what you think of jams' 3-bet range and the original raiser's opening range, we might be able to answer this...

Share with us, Lambert. :)
  • edited August 2013
    When i first saw the hand it smacked as QQ to me.

But from your posts I'm fairly certain you had AA now.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Hating this the more i think about it : Ok well let's take it one step at a time from the point of view of someone that doesn't know what I have (like you) lol. What do you think is my entire range of hands that I would cold call here pre?
    Posted by Lambert180

IDK what you would call pre with cause IDK what you think of the 3 bet range.

Obvs the wider the range then calling makes more sense, if you think it's narrow then calling makes no sense unless your slow playing

I don't think you should have a wide calling range here for a lot reasons.

For whatever reason you call pre, the shove makes no sense unless your shoving 10's to protect against AK get there

You may actually think that calling with prs/sc's - 1 gappers for like 13% is fine - which would fit the shove but I don't know if your that bad :)

then again a lot of people do a lot of loose stuff on sky and get there :)

• edited August 2013
    No need to go into Rancid's range too much but he's iso'ing wide over what is obv a limpy fish... and will be doing it with a non-polarized range imo

Chrissy probably overcalls with 22-TT, AJs+, AQ+ and maybe the odd pretty SCs like JTs, T9s, QJs etc.

When Jams 3bets he has a super narrow range... no offence to OP or anything but I've never seen him to do anything pre that's even close to being 'out of line'. So his range here is like JJ+ and AK imo.

After I cold call Chrissy probably decides to come along with all his 22-TT and his pretty SCs but folds the hands more likely to be dominated like AJ/AQ

EDIT: Ok Rancid's range is important incase he re-opens the action but I think he is only flatting or 4betting w/ like QQ/KK+ now given the action.
  • edited August 2013
    No need to go into Rancid's range too much but he's iso'ing wide over what is obv a limpy fish... and will be doing it with a non-polarized range imo Chrissy probably overcalls with 22-TT, AJs+, AQ+ and maybe the odd pretty SCs like JTs, T9s, QJs etc. When Jams 3bets he has a super narrow range... no offence to OP or anything but I've never seen him to do anything pre that's even close to being 'out of line'. So his range here is like JJ+ and AK imo. After I cold call Chrissy probably decides to come along with all his 22-TT and his pretty SCs but folds the hands more likely to be dominated like AJ/AQ
    Posted by Lambert180
    Don't agree with this at all mate. OP is probably 1 of the most active players at this level.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Hating this the more i think about it : Don't agree with this at all mate. OP is probably 1 of the most active players at this level.
    Posted by splashies
    Tbf, most active doesn't say alot when most regs are waiting for QQ+ and AK lol. He's not a massive nit but given that Rancid is a very good player whose already come into the pot, and another decent/solid reg has flatted, I don't think he's gonna be re-opening the action with marginal holdings.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Hating this the more i think about it : Tbf, most active doesn't say alot when most regs are waiting for QQ+ and AK lol. He's not a massive nit but given that Rancid is a very good player whose already come into the pot, and another decent/solid reg has flatted, I don't think he's gonna be re-opening the action with marginal holdings.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I don't think the applies to me too much lol but i am trying to tighten up abit and play less high varience. Tbh can depend on how i feel on the table and how many tables i am playing. As splashies said i fel my 3bet range is wider than most at this level and the situation is a perfect squeeze. But if i am am throwingn a bluff out there not sure i would continue so strong into 2 opponants so i think it is this bet that narrows my range down personally.

I still think it is a bad fold on my part though