You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

100 nl Now what when he bombs the turn

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
DEL19Small blind £0.25£0.25£82.243581118313Big blind £0.50£0.75£96.19 Your hole cardsQK   DJP1990Fold    IDONKCALLURaise £1.50£2.25£95.47Batkin88Fold    grimreap25Raise £4.50£6.75£101.43DEL19Fold    3581118313Fold    IDONKCALLUCall £3.00£9.75£92.47Flop  47Q   IDONKCALLUCheck    grimreap25Bet £5.00£14.75£96.43IDONKCALLUCall £5.00£19.75£87.47Turn  5   IDONKCALLUCheck    grimreap25Bet £14.50£34.25£81.9

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Any reads or history?

Fold pre > 4bet > call oop.
  • edited August 2013
    ^^^ What Harry said

+ it's 50nl lol
  • edited August 2013
    only on table 5 mins so no reads does like to 3 bet in position vs batkin i noticed 
  • edited August 2013
    well 50nl mastercash :p
  • edited August 2013
    I just really wouldn't make a habit of calling 3bets OOP against unknowns with KQo.
  • edited August 2013
    so just  fold everytime ?  next ya be saying kq is not a raise pre :) 
  • edited August 2013

What hands do you think they 3bet with? Name them all.

How does KQo play against them?

Readless, this deep, I'd expect the 3b to be for value almost every time, so something like TT+ AQs+

Might even be abit wide.

We're in really bad shape against those hands, and we're out of position and he has the betting lead.

Big reverse implied odds especially this deep.

• edited August 2013
    well he had ace 8 ;)  

i expect him to 3 bet in position alot wider then u think as most times it goes check bet fold so he can rep alot so id say  10 jack any pocket pair above 7s id say he can 3 bet with  ace jack ace q 
  • edited August 2013
    Well if you think he 3bets that wide, definitely peel and c/c down this flop and turn, probably most rivers too although it wouldn't be much of a fun spot if he bet again without any postflop reads/history !
  • edited August 2013
    had a feeling i was getting screwed over just didnt have the balls to go with my gut the amount of times he was 3-betting batkin in pos was unreal so surely he cant have it all the time just sigh i know in future 
  • edited August 2013
    if your not sure if you should be c/c top pair flops then fold pre

If you have no idea how to continue on missed flps then fold pre

so just fold pre

or u could just 4 bet pre
  • edited August 2013
    if I don`t have reads on the opponent I personally fold pre oop the whole hand with no reads on opponent would be horrible.

if you know opponent capable of 3betting light and has been doin it a lot I don`t mind calling pre or even sometimes throw in a 4bet.

but as played c/c them down on most boards when I have tpgk,also take note of what they are doing if with for the future if run into them again.
  • edited August 2013

Don't see why we would be 4-betting here. It's too strong to 4-bet as a bluff against such a wide 3-betting range but at the same time if villain continues then we're often going to be facing a range that we're behind against. The only plus is that we have the betting lead but I think that isn't going to make up for being OOP and facing a range we're behind against.

It plays fine instead just calling the 3-bet because if we flop top pair we know that we'll be good so often and can happily c/c down on almost all board runouts.