You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2nd in a £3.30 15 minutes timed, £16.50

Another nice cash,

I'm concentrating on watching my tables now, watching other players. Also learning A-4, A-5, A-6, A-7, are foldable, even when a Ace flops, seems a lot on here think A anything = The Nuts on any board (as did I once).

To win consistantly (this is probably common knowledge to many here) you need absolutely get maximum value when you do have the Nuts, but you also need a few high value bluffs. But those bluffs without good table knowledge are the hands that will get you knocked out aswell.

So there, my words of wisdom for players new to Sky who may be getting a little frustrated. If you're just happy to min cash play tight, realise everyone is not constantly bluffing, realise you don't need to get involved in every hand and call every raise, and FOLD, Don't not be scared to fold. They say the dealer button is the most powerful tool in poker. I say the fold button is.

I really believe I played my way into the top 5, and hit some luck but I do think although probably a soft game, I got myself there.

EDIT**

The biggest change to my game is I no longer all in any raggy Ace, I think folding A-3, A-5 ect has probably saved my tournament life a few times, and I know for a FACT it saved me 5 times in the £3.30 timed as the hands went to showdown and would of been out. But who knows if a preflop all in would of scared them off the pot.I don't fold raggy aces everytime ;-)  

Comments