You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this the right move?

DrewMcRobb Small blind   15.00 15.00 6797.50
rocky62 Big blind   30.00 45.00 4826.25
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

Hjaltland Fold        
richjohn Fold        
FlashFlush Raise   120.00 165.00 6445.00
DrewMcRobb Call   105.00 270.00 6692.50
rocky62 Call   90.00 360.00 4736.25
Flop

• A

DrewMcRobb Check        
rocky62 Check        
FlashFlush Bet   270.00 630.00 6175.00
DrewMcRobb Call   270.00 900.00 6422.50
rocky62 Raise   1147.50 2047.50 3588.75
FlashFlush Call   877.50 2925.00 5297.50
DrewMcRobb Call   877.50 3802.50 5545.00
Turn

DrewMcRobb Check        
rocky62 Bet   2520.00 6322.50 1068.75
FlashFlush All-in   5297.50 11620.00 0.00
DrewMcRobb Call   5297.50 16917.50 247.50
rocky62 All-in   1068.75 17986.25 0.00
DrewMcRobb Show

rocky62 Show
  • Q
  • A

FlashFlush Show
  • K
  • A

River

DrewMcRobb Win Three 5s 17986.25   18233.75

Comments

• edited December 2009
    I thought i was ahead of rocky which turned out I was right, thats why I shoved, to try and make sure I got rid of Drew. If he called I knew I was in trouble, but can I really fold from where I was sat and after the action id seen?
  • edited December 2009
    probably just get it in on the flop. If you're shipping the turn because you think worse 1p hands will call, then they'll call on the flop, & you don't give a heart a chance to come that will kill your action completey/give one of your vill's a flush/at least decrease the chance you will be called by worse.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Is this the right move?:
    probably just get it in on the flop. If you're shipping the turn because you think worse 1p hands will call, then they'll call on the flop, & you don't give a heart a chance to come that will kill your action completey/give one of your vill's a flush/at least decrease the chance you will be called by worse.
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    I know what you mean but it was because of the flush draw that I flat called. I'm aware that people love to go all in on flush draws, if the turn came a heart then I could fold it, but as there was no heart, i knew anyone on the flush draw could not call the all in. As it turns out I wish the flush did come so I could of folded lol
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Is this the right move? : I know what you mean but it was because of the flush draw that I flat called. I'm aware that people love to go all in on flush draws, if the turn came a heart then I could fold it, but as there was no heart, i knew anyone on the flush draw could not call the all in. As it turns out I wish the flush did come so I could of folded lol
    Posted by FlashFlush
    In tournaments, you really need to take risks and whatever +EV you can get to build a big stack and wield it early on. Getting it in vs a range of flush draws, Worse 1p and sets is a pretty gd proposition.

I think you are around a 60%+ fave vs a FD here anyway.
  • edited December 2009
    in these situations if im re raised on the flop and then raised on the turn i dont stay in with less than 2 pair, i mite even get out on the flop depending on Villain. (i.e does he re-raise light etc, if not and then some1 else calls they prob mean business..) tough one tho imo, prefect situation for 'drewmcrob' he didnt have to 3bet to reveal strength of his hand, Defo would have been easier to get out of if he 3 betted.
  • edited December 2009
    I wondered how u were out so early!

think u should have repopped on flop and then could have reevaluated but very hard in early stages of deepie.
  • edited December 2009
    I wondered how u were out so early! think u should have repopped on flop and then could have reevaluated but very hard in early stages of deepie.
    Posted by phil12uk
    I had clocked rocky as the loosest on the table so thats why I thought my AK was good there, maybe a re-raise would of got my answer out of drew, but its a pretty dry flop so not sure im folding AK there anyway and I know drew is capable of making moves.
    Ah well made up for it in the other deepie ;-)
  • edited December 2009

HI flash , we've played a few games together and you seem to play prety simmilar to me. because of that i might have gone broke as well.  the flop was so scary,  flush and run draws , also with the possibility that someone has come  along with  A 3 or 5 suited  and hit two pair. the only thing i would have done differently is, bet much stronger pre flop. charge all the small pairs and suited connectors. dont let them in too cheaply.  even if that means you loose your costumer, better to win small than to loose big. but like i say i 'm sure i would have lost lots of chips in the same spot. see you on  the tables RM
  • edited December 2009

It's significant that the 2 players you're up against are sat in the blinds. Facing huge turn action on a A357 board would just fit so many hands that the blinds wouldn't re-raise with. In the early stages of a MTT, I'm folding to rocky's turn bet.