You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Premiership Results & Table

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

So the first round of fixtures have been played, how did your team do?

Well here's where you find out! (results and table can also be found here)

Greens, Blues and Yellows lead the way after recording victories, with the Yellow team partilcularly impressive with a thrashing of the Reds!

August 27th Results:

The Greens (57) vs (43) The Whites

The Blues (63) vs (37) The Purples

The Reds (26) vs (74) The Yellows

Table:
Team Played Won Drawn Lost Points
Green 1 1 0 0 3
Blue 1 1 0 0 3
Yellow 1 1 0 0 3
Red 1 0 0 1 0
White 1 0 0 1 0
Purple 1 0 0 1 0
Make sure you're on site tomorrow night for round 2!

Comments

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Sky Poker Premiership Results & Table:
    Hi all, So the first round of fixtures have been played, how did your team do? Well here's where you find out! ( results and table can also be found here ) Greens, Blues and Yellows lead the way after recording victories, with the Yellow team partilcularly impressive with a thrashing of the Reds! August 27th Results: The Greens (57) vs (43) The Whites The Blues (63) vs (37) The Purples The Reds (26) vs (74) The Yellows Table: Team Played Won Drawn Lost Points Green 1 1 0 0 3 Blue 1 1 0 0 3 Yellow 1 1 0 0 3 Red 1 0 0 1 0 White 1 0 0 1 0 Purple 1 0 0 1 0 Make sure you're on site tomorrow night for round 2!
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    GO YELLOWS
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks Lee, how much did TK pay you to put Green top (because points difference would be Yellow and alphabetical order would be blue)

Come on PURPS let's knock the Greens off "top spot" tomorrow.
  • edited August 2013
    Yes...Tikay did insist Greens be top!
  • edited August 2013
    Crushing loss from us purples, maybe we should have another training session ahead of tomorrows game :-).

Can sky players please amend town location to show which team they are in, could be great tactic in next game.

Gl all at the tables
  • edited August 2013
    Boom yellows! Well played! I do think we should be top on goal difference though. :-)
  • edited August 2013
    couldn't sky post which team players are in when playing?

go you blues

(* *)
       ^
  • edited August 2013
    Didn't do bad in the game last night but would've been good to know who was in my team and who was in the other, tactics would come into it then, of course I'm in the GREEN team,any advice for us Tikay?
  • edited August 2013
    i said the same thing, pointless knocking out a team m8 tbh...
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Premiership Results & Table:
    couldn't sky post which team players are in when playing? go you blues (* *)    ^
    Posted by devonfish5
    We thought about this but (a) the team lists are very long (b) lots of people are posting on the forum threads already and (c) people should probably play their game irrespective of who they are playing against - otherwise it might open up suggestion of collusion etc.

At the end of the day the results, as shown, will work out which team did best overall in that game with people playing as they usually do.

Just our thoughts for now but happy to reconsider.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Premiership Results & Table : We thought about this but (a) the team lists are very long (b) lots of people are posting on the forum threads already and (c) people should probably play their game irrespective of who they are playing against - otherwise it might open up suggestion of collusion etc. At the end of the day the results, as shown, will work out which team did best overall in that game with people playing as they usually do. Just our thoughts for now but happy to reconsider. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Collusion?????????????// Trying NOT to knock out your team mate in a TEAM game is hardly collusion........Its a FLIPPING freeroll..................Yes collusion in a £50 buyin is something to try to stop, but in a fun team based freeroll? IS IT REALLY A THREAT?
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Premiership Results & Table : Collusion?????????????// Trying NOT to knock out your team mate in a TEAM game is hardly collusion........Its a FLIPPING freeroll..................Yes collusion in a £50 buyin is something to try to stop, but in a fun team based freeroll? IS IT REALLY A THREAT?
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    Again, just a thought, you'd be surprised what people get angry about!

Even though it's a freeroll, there's still money at play.
  • edited August 2013

And, as we said, happy to reconsider based on people's views.
  • edited August 2013
    Go Team Green! Well done to everyone who placed.

The general feeling at my table was that it was quite disappointing  not knowing what team a player belonged to.
  • edited August 2013
    I would say knowing who your team mates are would add to the fun of the Premiership.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Premiership Results & Table : We thought about this but (a) the team lists are very long (b) lots of people are posting on the forum threads already and (c) people should probably play their game irrespective of who they are playing against - otherwise it might open up suggestion of collusion etc. At the end of the day the results, as shown, will work out which team did best overall in that game with people playing as they usually do. Just our thoughts for now but happy to reconsider. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    totally silly.  it is all about collusion and team working, surely?  otherwise you are making it pointless.  nullifying the very thing you are promoting.  oh dear.

• edited August 2013
    I would say knowing who your team mates are would add to the fun of the Premiership.
    Posted by Richard49
    OK, good to know that.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Premiership Results & Table : totally silly.  it is all about collusion and team working, surely?  otherwise you are making it pointless.  nullifying the very thing you are promoting.  oh dear.
    Posted by aussie09
    It has been suggested to us.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • edited August 2013
    I do think that adding colours or team names would add to the fun as already stated by others. team game says it all. thanks for listening 
  • edited August 2013
    It's surely essential to know who your team mates are
  • edited August 2013
    Perhaps sky should consult Mr Shane Warne about running a team event!! ;-D

They run very successfully on............
    em.....
    The opposition's site.

• edited August 2013
    I agree 100% it would be good to know who your team mates are l

There are individual prizes up for grabs and people will mainly play for themselves. Currently only a small % of players are talking about it on the forums and the chat zone on the tables was as chatty as Marcel Marceau on a trappist monk retreat,

I don't think it is collusion in a team event if you "take one for the team". I can only think of a few marginal decisions where knowing team id's would make you play differently though. E.g if you are below average stack with 10 bigs better to go for a coin flip versus a team mate than a foe. If you are stacked up and BB is short on the bubble, don't put pressure on them if they are a team mate and give them a walk if you can.

Basically if you win chips off anyone (friend or foe) it is good for you and at worst has a neutral impact on the team.

If you donate chips to a friend it makes it a little more bearable and donating to a foe makes you feel worse but your chipstack and your individual tournament life are the same either way.

For me there are few possible downsides and many upsides especially regarding banter and generating interest in the event as a "team event" as opposed to just a FreeRoll.
  • edited August 2013
    I agree 100% it would be good to know who your team mates are l There are individual prizes up for grabs and people will mainly play for themselves. Currently only a small % of players are talking about it on the forums and the chat zone on the tables was as chatty as Marcel Marceau on a trappist monk retreat, I don't think it is collusion in a team event if you "take one for the team". I can only think of a few marginal decisions where knowing team id's would make you play differently though. E.g if you are below average stack with 10 bigs better to go for a coin flip versus a team mate than a foe. If you are stacked up and BB is short on the bubble, don't put pressure on them if they are a team mate and give them a walk if you can. Basically if you win chips off anyone (friend or foe) it is good for you and at worst has a neutral impact on the team. If you donate chips to a friend it makes it a little more bearable and donating to a foe makes you feel worse but your chipstack and your individual tournament life are the same either way. For me there are few possible downsides and many upsides especially regarding banter and generating interest in the event as a "team event" as opposed to just a FreeRoll.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Good post, thank you.
  • edited August 2013
    i used to play in a team game on another site.
    we knew exactly who was on who's team. you DID NOT knock out your own team mates. however, one of the big problems of this format was that sometimes we would have a table of 6 soley of one team only. so everyone just kept folding until the tables got moved around.
    only when 1 entire team was knocked out would it then be ok to knock out one of your own team mates.
  • edited August 2013
    i used to play in a team game on another site. we knew exactly who was on who's team. you DID NOT knock out your own team mates. however, one of the big problems of this format was that sometimes we would have a table of 6 soley of one team only. so everyone just kept folding until the tables got moved around. only when 1 entire team was knocked out would it then be ok to knock out one of your own team mates.
    Posted by pappy_747
    Interesting.
  • edited August 2013
    Of course it is, the only time there was trouble before is from people who dont enter these freerolls to be part of a team but to win money for themselves and dont like team play. If you dont like to be part of a team and dont want to play as a team dont sign up for them.

Name one team/sport competition where 

1. you dont know who your teamates are 
    2. You get rewarded for beating them.

Suggest sky go one way or the other

1. dont have team comps where you dont know your team and cant play as a team

or 

2 6 teams right so six seater tables with one person from each team on the table. winner goers through to another mixed table etc etc . 

Can see option 2 could be very difficult for SKY   so suggest 1. let us know our teams and tell the people who dont like Team play to go and play their normal games which they would do if this promotion wasnt on.

TEAM comps deserve TEAM players
  • edited August 2013
    In previous years team players were known through lists produced/shown on the forum and chatting.
    It added to the sense of team and didn't detract from the competition.
    In fact I thought it added to it
  • edited August 2013
    I ALSO THINK WE SHOULD KNOW OUR TEAMMATES. ITS LIKE 22 PLAYERS ON A FOOTBALL PITCH ALL WEARING THE SAME STRIP. TOTAL SCANDAL :)

• edited August 2013
    one of the big problems of this format was that sometimes we would have a table of 6 soley of one team only. so everyone just kept folding until the tables got moved around
    Posted by pappy_747
    Strategically I think this is a big mistake. If you keep folding round you're basically all getting smaller stacks relative to the field as the blinds go up and people go out. When your table breaks you'll likely be a short stack facing chipped up opposition. Think you're better to play normally in this situation and let the better players move forward with the collective stacks they build.
  • edited August 2013
    I agree, we should know who our teammates are.
  • edited August 2013
    More important goal difference must surely decide whos in what position if level on games ???? So YELLOWS are TOP !!!!!! :D