You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Total Player, A New Beginning!!

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
In Response to Total Player, A New Beginning!!:
     Tonight's live TV show launched Skypoker into a new dimension. I have  to admit I have been one of the chief critic's of all the cloak and dagger stuff that has been going on these last few months,  however it now seems its been well worth waiting for !!   Not only for the lucky players who get a shot at taking part  but also the fabulous prizes being offered by SkyPoker.   A big well done to Tony and Richard and all who have  been involved in the setting up of this promotion, and good luck to all who become involved.    I for one am looking forward to the forth coming shows and how this story will evolve. I believe it will create a new and exciting beginning  to the new year ahead for all players at SkyPoker ..   Good luck to all who get involved and this could be a chance for  someone to dream the dream !
Posted by bennydip2
Thanks Benny.

I'm not sure about "cloak & dagger", it's not always wise to shout & holler from the rooftops about whats in the pipeline, as you can get hoist by your own petard.

And we are not finished yet, by any means - if you thought tonight was good, you are in for an even bigger surprise, & sooner than you think. And behind that, another. And then another.

I won't be saying more, but it's all happening here at Sky Poker right now, & that was just a start.

Gestation periods for some things are quite extended, but you would not believe how much is going on behind the scenes to make this place better.

Comments

• edited December 2009
         Tonight's live TV show launched Skypoker into a new dimension. I have  to admit I have been one of the chief critic's of all the cloak and dagger stuff that has been going on these last few months,  however it now seems its been well worth waiting for !! 
     Not only for the lucky players who get a shot at taking part  but also the fabulous prizes being offered by SkyPoker.
      A big well done to Tony and Richard and all who have  been involved in the setting up of this promotion, and good luck to all who become involved.  
     I for one am looking forward to the forthcoming shows and how this story will evolve. I believe it will create a new and exciting beginning  to the new year ahead for all players at SkyPoker ..

Good luck to all who get involved and this could be a chance for  someone to ......
     dream the dream !

• edited December 2009
    Yes well done Tony, sold the show to me  in the first 10mins, the whole concept sounds very exciting .. good luck and keep hitting the flop  :)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Player, A New Beginning!!:
    In Response to Total Player, A New Beginning!! : Thanks Benny. I'm not sure about "cloak & dagger", it's not always wise to shout & holler from the rooftops about whats in the pipeline, as you can get hoist by your own petard. And we are not finished yet, by any means - if you thought tonight was good, you are in for an even bigger surprise, & sooner than you think. And behind that, another. And then another. I won't be saying more, but it's all happening here at Sky Poker right now, & that was just a start. Gestation periods for some things are quite extended, but you would not believe how much is going on behind the scenes to make this place better.
    Posted by Tikay10
    The futures bright! - but it's not orange! looks like it's Sky poker instead ;)
  • edited December 2009

all you can do is try and better yourself and that is exactly what skypoker is doing, very promising times

• edited December 2009
    It's a big weekend for Sky Poker and we appreciate your positive comments.  

We've had the launch of Total Player and on Monday we launch a new website with a slicker poker lobby.  Oh yes, and the little Christmas present that is Oma..ho..ho..ho...

We're always extremely nervous about rolling a lot of new developments into the live environment, so bear with us on Monday if we experience a few hiccups.  When everything is bedded down, we believe you'll enjoy the changes.
  • edited December 2009
    Your mob generally do the right things ;) so it shouldn't be a problem!! i won't be on till the evening anyways as i am at a doctors in Harley street with the wife! so hopefully when i get back it should all be smooth sailing!! an i can just enjoy the changes ;)
  • edited December 2009
         Oh so you'll be busy there then Des ?  haha , glk
    It all sounds very exciting for you guys and gals also a lot of  work.
    As it happens I have a day off monday, so dont worry about me i'll be walking the dog and thinking of you !!    :))

• edited December 2009
    It's a big weekend for Sky Poker and we appreciate your positive comments.   We've had the launch of Total Player and on Monday we launch a new website with a slicker poker lobby.  Oh yes, and the little Christmas present that is Oma..ho..ho..ho... We're always extremely nervous about rolling a lot of new developments into the live environment, so bear with us on Monday if we experience a few hiccups.  When everything is bedded down, we believe you'll enjoy the changes.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    I know your the boss Des but are you allowed to let the cat out of Santa's sack???  lol

It all sounds very exciting and I for one can't wait! Merry Christmas
  • edited December 2009
    It's a big weekend for Sky Poker and we appreciate your positive comments.   We've had the launch of Total Player and on Monday we launch a new website with a slicker poker lobby.  Oh yes, and the little Christmas present that is Oma..ho..ho..ho... We're always extremely nervous about rolling a lot of new developments into the live environment, so bear with us on Monday if we experience a few hiccups.  When everything is bedded down, we believe you'll enjoy the changes.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    The cat's out of the bag now!

Roll on Monday.
  • edited December 2009
    This sounds great.

TK - Do you recommend reading Super System (the Omaha chapter)? Not read that part yet, don't want to dive into Omaha without some basics in my head.
  • edited December 2009
    This sounds great. TK - Do you recommend reading Super System (the Omaha chapter)? Not read that part yet, don't want to dive into Omaha without some basics in my head.
    Posted by Grimstar30
    I'll be Posting some "Omaha for Beginners" stuff today or tomorrow for those that have never played the game. Best to get the hang of the game imo before moving onto "proper" tuition & strategy.
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Thank you for the heads up, you wonderful mr sky suit you ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Player, A New Beginning!! : I'll be Posting some "Omaha for Beginners" stuff today or tomorrow for those that have never played the game. Best to get the hang of the game imo before moving onto "proper" tuition & strategy.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Omaha 101:

1. You get 4 down cards and 5 community cards. You MUST use 2 of your down cards and 3 of the community cards ONLY.

That's probably the most important part. You'd be surprised how many times people misread their hands, even in big-money games.
  • edited December 2009
    WOWZER!!!!!!!!!

Roll on tomorrow.

Des, Tikay and all the rest of u at Sky Poker.  You guys are the most proactive of sites in listening to the players and constantly trying to please the masses!

It may not be said much, but I think I am speaking for the majority on here when I say thank you for the fab developments and constant improvements on here.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Player, A New Beginning!! : Omaha 101: 1. You get 4 down cards and 5 community cards. You MUST use 2 of your down cards and 3 of the community cards ONLY. That's probably the most important part. You'd be surprised how many times people misread their hands, even in big-money games.
    Posted by Kaidus
    Therefore having 3 or 4 of a kind in your hand is worthless? and it is more of a drawing game? Correct interpretation? 

TK - looking forward to the basics.

Would it be fair to say there is more action in Omaha?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Player, A New Beginning!! : Therefore having 3 or 4 of a kind in your hand is worthless? and it is more of a drawing game? Correct interpretation?  TK - looking forward to the basics. Would it be fair to say there is more action in Omaha?
    Posted by Grimstar30
    It is definitely a drawing game. There is a famous hand where there is a player who holds the absolute nuts on the turn of a 6 way hand (top set on a K-10-5-4 board or something like that) but because of all the draws out there, he has exactly 0% chance of winning the hand.

3 or 4 of a kind should be treated as having 7-2.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Player, A New Beginning!! : Therefore having 3 or 4 of a kind in your hand is worthless? and it is more of a drawing game? Correct interpretation?  TK - looking forward to the basics. Would it be fair to say there is more action in Omaha?
    Posted by Grimstar30
    I am going to swerve that Question Glum, as I think it' best for all of us to confine the discussions to the "Omaha for Beginners" Stuff which I'm goinng to Post. I've written most of it already, in readiness for the big day, so it'll go up in good time.
  • edited December 2009
    WOWZER!!!!!!!!! Roll on tomorrow. Des, Tikay and all the rest of u at Sky Poker.  You guys are the most proactive of sites in listening to the players and constantly trying to please the masses! It may not be said much, but I think I am speaking for the majority on here when I say thank you for the fab developments and constant improvements on here.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Yes, well said Phil,  .. big plus to that !
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Player, A New Beginning!! : It is definitely a drawing game. There is a famous hand where there is a player who holds the absolute nuts on the turn of a 6 way hand (top set on a K-10-5-4 board or something like that) but because of all the draws out there, he has exactly 0% chance of winning the hand. 3 or 4 of a kind should be treated as having 7-2.
    Posted by Kaidus
    Spooky!

By a strange coincidence, I Posted that VERY hand in a Diary I write on another site just a few days ago!

And yes - it was 6 handed, the geezer had the stone cold nuts on the Turn - but there was not a single safe River card in the pack for his hand to "hold", & he lost.

An amazing hand.
  • edited December 2009
    It was your diary that I saw that famous hand! Do you mind if I recreate that post over here, so I can explain it in more detail?
  • edited December 2009

Just like to say a big well done to Sky Poker for this weekend and tomorrow.  Look forward to reading young Kendall's post on Omaha and see if I'm up to the challenge of Omaha

Ross

• edited December 2009
    It was your diary that I saw that famous hand! Do you mind if I recreate that post over here, so I can explain it in more detail?
    Posted by Kaidus
    Oi! You are not supposed to be over there! Sadly, my Diary has been a bit neglected over there recently, as I've been a bit busy here at Sky Poker.

Feel free to try & recreate the hand here. The problem is, it really needs Card Icons, which "they" have, & we don't, to make it easy to read.

I wish with every bone in my body we had card icons here, but we don't, & that's that. Rather sad that, I have to say.

I'm not sure the hand will read well without Card Icons, but feel free to try. maybe - maybe - it will Copy & Paste, but I doubt it.

I saw the hand in a book that Phil Hellmuth penned a good few years back.
  • edited December 2009
    I must say i am really looking forward to having the chance to play a bit of Omaha online here on Sky Poker!!!

Omaha is a game where you need some serious skill and not become a luckbox like me lol!!

It's looking like Sky Poker is going to go from strength to strength in 2010 which is exciting stuff in my eyes.
  • edited December 2009
    Right, hopefully this will work...

The hand alluded to is as follows:

Player 1:

Player 2:

Player 3:

Player 4:

Player 5:

Player 6:

And the flop, unbelievably, was:

, which helped EVERYONE. Which hand would you want after that flop? Top set? Middle set? The straight flush draw?
  • edited December 2009
    Images have worked.

The turn, now, was the King of clubs:

This gives our man top 2 sets, yet I challenge you all to find a card that is good for him on the river :)

(Hint: you can't!)

This is a pretty extreme hand, but it serves as a good hand to show that you might have the nuts at a specified time during a hand, but you cannot win the hand because of all the draws that are out there.

Bet your hand to protect your hand.
  • edited December 2009
    Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Infamous Omaha hand finished, just scroll up :)