You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this a call on the river? Would u call on this wet board vs a well known reg

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
No reads but seeen him alot on tv i leave name out but a big clue he does a great muttley imrpression 

how many of u would call in this spot and how many of u wouldnt 
muttley impression Small blind £0.50£0.50£105.90IDONKCALLUBig blind £1.00£1.50£109.90 Your hole cardsA4   muttley impressionRaise £1.50£3.00£104.40IDONKCALLUCall £1.00£4.00£108.90Flop  K103   IDONKCALLUBet £3.00£7.00£105.90muttley impressionCall £3.00£10.00£101.40Turn  A   IDONKCALLUCheck    muttley impresssionBet £8.00£18.00£93.40IDONKCALLUCall £8.00£26.00£97.90River  J   IDONKCALLUCheck    muttley impressionBet £23.00£49.00£70.40

Comments

• edited August 2013
    You've played it in a bizarre way but I think it's a call
  • edited August 2013
    yeah i did i should of donk lead the turn looking back :/
  • edited August 2013
    If we'd bet the turn it wouldn't be a donk-bet because we have taken the betting lead on the flop.

Anyway, that's kinda weird in itself. What hands do we think we represent when we donk this flop and which hands do we expect villain to fold? Would we lead here with TPGK, two-pairs or a set? Are we only ever leading here when we're marginal?

On the turn our hand has improved and now we want to check. Why? We've been called on the flop and now we may well have the best hand. We can surely fire again for value. If we're checking because we believe villain is floating the flop alot (which would be reasonable play from him), then I don't mind giving him the chance to bet but do we know that? If we're checking here I'd want to know that the villain is floating the flop and is likely to barrel light on both turn and river because I'd hate to check and only get one bet. If he's not floating then barrelling two streets a lot, I'd want to retain the betting lead and just bet for value against his second, third pair hands and his draws.

On the river; what value hands are we beating that bet here? K9 is the best hand we're beating so does he bet that? It's probably unlikely. So his range is polarised between bluffs and better hands.

We've made ourselves look pretty marginal in this hand, so there's a good chance that our opponent could be trying to push us off an Ace, King or Ten. You'd have to tell me if you've been checking big hands to him a lot or if you've been check-folding a lot on wet, scary turns and rivers. I'd say it's probably more of a fold, in a vacuum, but then dynamics might alter that somewhat. If you've been stationing or making thin calls against him, this is less likely to be a bluff but may be a thinner value-bet than just a straight, set or two-pair...

If he is bluffing it's quite a chunky bluff but, if this is who I think it is, he's likely to be balancing his bets well. Unless he thinks you're bad and won't notice, of course. lol