You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why people are leaving Sky Poker.(IMO)...Opinions...

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
I spent last night chatting to a Sky reg, in fact he is a Sky "Face", if there is such a thing... anyway, I asked him why he has now left Sky Poker and now plays at Stars. OH!.. I should have said he USED to be a face at Sky, he now plys his trade at Pokerstars... WHY?
He played £50/75 SnGs and every big MTT most nights. He played and cashed many SKY Live Tourneys.... So why has he left? Along with many of us who knew him?
The lack of proper rewards for regular players? Probably... we dont mean the minimilistic point scheme!
The non exestant live game qualifiers to Tourneys NOT run by SKY....
And lastly, anything NEW! Just ANYTHING! Do something the rest aren't!!! Give us a reason to deposit/stay/play!!!!!!

Comments

• edited August 2013
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Why people are leaving Sky Poker.(IMO)...Opinions...:
    I spent last night chatting to a Sky reg, in fact he is a Sky "Face", if there is such a thing... anyway, I asked him why he has now left Sky Poker and now plays at Stars. OH!.. I should have said he USED to be a face at Sky, he now plys his trade at Pokerstars... WHY? He played £50/75 SnGs and every big MTT most nights. He played and cashed many SKY Live Tourneys.... So why has he left? Along with many of us who knew him? The lack of proper rewards for regular players? Probably... we dont mean the minimilistic point scheme! The non exestant live game qualifiers to Tourneys NOT run by SKY.... And lastly, anything NEW! Just ANYTHING! Do something the rest aren't!!! Give us a reason to deposit/stay/play!!!!!!
    Posted by DJQuak
    Good Luck.

NEXT!!!!!!!!
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Why people are leaving Sky Poker.(IMO)...Opinions...:
    I spent last night chatting to a Sky reg, in fact he is a Sky "Face", if there is such a thing... anyway, I asked him why he has now left Sky Poker and now plays at Stars. OH!.. I should have said he USED to be a face at Sky, he now plys his trade at Pokerstars... WHY? He played £50/75 SnGs and every big MTT most nights. He played and cashed many SKY Live Tourneys.... So why has he left? Along with many of us who knew him? The lack of proper rewards for regular players? Probably... we dont mean the minimilistic point scheme! The non exestant live game qualifiers to Tourneys NOT run by SKY.... And lastly, anything NEW! Just ANYTHING! Do something the rest aren't!!! Give us a reason to deposit/stay/play!!!!!!
    Posted by DJQuak

Disagree with this.

It's trying loads of quirky/new things that is the problem rather than bringing the site up to par with these other sites.

When you have a site that's so far ahead of every other site online (pokerstars) it would make a lot of sense to just copy what they do a lot of the time. 

If these new, quirky ideas/formats were to work, PS would be using them already.

The most recent one I noticed was the implementation of 3 max mtts. 

4 max MTTs are common on PS, why did sky have to try and tweak a proven popular format? Just copy! I'm sure you're allowed and there's no shame in it! :)

----------------------

No idea who you're referring to in OP but I suspect if they play big sngs they will have left due to lack of action on here and also the lower sng rake elsewhere which will make a big difference to their winrate due to the small edges in those kind of games.

Halving the rake (as can be found elsewhere) will more than double someones winrate in a lot of cases.
  • edited August 2013
    You spent last night chatting to him and yet did not ask him why he left ??? If he gave you the answer why ask on here ????

Anyway Sky have now introduced a "NEW" game whereby all games are now played in the nude !!! enjoy this new concept of poker. :D