You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Connection issue with sky

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
I have recently joined this site and since doing so i seem to have no end of problems.
 i was just running quite well in the socail freeroll when the game froze on me, i tried everything to get it to come back and when i finally did i had 2k left from 17k !!  what a joke it let me win 75p when i could of gone alot further. i only had 1 table open and still getting lag i spose your still say its my laptop

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Do you play on any other sites or online games and experience any problems?

Do you connect to your router via a wireless connection?

• edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Connection issue with sky:
    Do you play on any other sites or online games and experience any problems? Do you connect to your router via a wireless connection?
    Posted by AcidMan27
    yes and yes and  no never had a issue with any other site
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Connection issue with sky : yes and yes and  no never had a issue with any other site
    Posted by MsBubble
    i can 6 table with no problem on other sites. here i just get lag but 1  table and freeze well thats not very good
  • edited August 2013
    Download or browser?
    Which ever have you tried the other (if that makes sense)
    For years i have suffered with lag tried everything with no success.But recently went back to playing on the browser through chrome and it has never been better can run more tables than i can play :-( old dog new tricks.
    Worth a try till the new download is released mid September has been mentioned for mtt's & stt's.
  • edited August 2013
    Download or browser? Which ever have you tried the other (if that makes sense) For years i have suffered with lag tried everything with no success.But recently went back to playing on the browser through chrome and it has never been better can run more tables than i can play :-( old dog new tricks. Worth a try till the new download is released mid September has been mentioned for mtt's & stt's.
    Posted by belsibub
    Browser but i shall try the download !! just abit bubbled about it as i was running good and think i would of FT
  • edited September 2013
    I find this a regular persistant problem. You can be playing normally and then the table freezes, always when you are in a hand, never when you have folded. Worse still is when it comes back to life, you think you are betting on what you see when suddenly all the board cards change, mid-hand as the table software catches up to the server. I was betting with a set when all of a sudden it was gone and a totally different board appeared. You see its not the whole table that is frozen, just your ability to interact with it.

These problems have occurred on my BT internet connection and now with my Sky broadband

I have had the same problem with systems running Windows XP and Windows Vista

They have occurred on three separate computers, one was brand new with no other software installed apart from Windows.

I have had this problem while playing six tables and playing only one table. I have tried both the browser and the download but still there are problems. It also happens with the new beta software.

It happened to me on Saturday again and yet again just now.

It looks like a Sky software/server problem to me, nothing to do with your connection.

If playing cash, at first sign of "connection problems" stand from your tables and log out!

Does anyone else recognise these symptoms?