You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20 nl call on river or fold i went with my gut here

edited August 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I think a big sign here is the bet on the river n went with my gut F_IvanovicSmall blind £0.15£0.15£34.82IDONKCALLUBig blind £0.30£0.45£39.08 Your hole cardsJ7   Batman1137Call £0.30£0.75£16.05F_IvanovicCall £0.15£0.90£34.67IDONKCALLUCheck    Flop  537   F_IvanovicCheck    IDONKCALLUBet £0.90£1.80£38.18Batman1137Call £0.90£2.70£15.15F_IvanovicFold    Turn  2   IDONKCALLUBet £1.80£4.50£36.38Batman1137Call £1.80£6.30£13.35River  6   IDONKCALLUCheck    Batman1137Bet £5.10£11.40£8.25

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Pretty easy fold imo.
  • edited August 2013
    i had missed clubs in my head all the way thru 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: 20 nl call on river or fold i went with my gut here:
    i had missed clubs in my head all the way thru 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    it's funny that, did villain perchance turn up with clubs?
  • edited August 2013
    lol no my read was wrong :p 
  • edited August 2013
    I don't have a huge problem with leading the flop but perhaps full-pot is a little bit big. I guess we're going to be called by draws or maybe second pairs, but do we want to be building a big pot? I think I'd rather just check-call a reasonable bet and look to get to cheap showdown if the board doesn't run out too bad.

If we're betting the turn we want to believe we're being called by worse. Which should affect the river play...

So on the river I like the check-call line. We're offering the chance to bet the missed draws on board. However, many of the draws have actually made a big hand anyway, with two-pairs and straights aplenty. We can't ignore how the river has changed the board texture, regardless of the plan on the turn. 

If you think this bet is a bluffing size and it's going to be a bluff 31% of the time, then call. If I were the villain, though, I'd be thinking that your line looks a lot like you're trying to bluff-catch here, though. Is villain aware of that?

It's probably a fold on the river because I'd think it's unlikely that a smart villain bluffs here, given your line. Villain's range is probably less than 31% comprised of missed flush draws, too...

You've really got to start giving more information on your opponents in your clinic posts, IDONK.
  • edited August 2013
    I remember this hand and thought to myself that if I had any piece of the board in your shoes I was snap calling because I was super confident villain was bluffing!
  • edited August 2013

First: 26/6/2009
    Last: 31/8/2013
    I remember this hand and thought to myself that if I had any piece of the board in your shoes I was snap calling because I was super confident villain was bluffing!

+1 think the bet on the river made it a easy decision i think if he has nuts or a really good hand he would wanna get paid n bet small