You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Do you think....................DYM related..

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
Does anyone here agree it seems to be easier to win a £5+ DYM than it does to win a 60p.

This maybe because 60p players have less money so are very reluctant to lose 60p and a £5 player has more free cash so is ok with losing £5.

So, is it easier to win a £5 DYM than it is to win a 60p DYM...../Discuss.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    In short, no.

Variance might make it feel that way but in the long term £5 games will be harder than 60p games. You start getting a few multi tabling regs who know what they're doing @ the £5s, I'm guessing there aren't too many like that at 60ps
  • edited August 2013
    i find it harder at 60p level, but i find its more because players are harder to get reads on at lower levels they are calling with absolutely anything. players at a higher level generally play a more ABC style of poker, or thats what i've found.

but doesnt matter which levle i play at in the end, just takes me abit longer to lose all my money at 60p games :D
  • edited August 2013
    You'd be surprised. There are plenty of decent regulars even at the 30p Turbo ones.
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Do you think....................DYM related..:
    You'd be surprised. There are plenty of decent regulars even at the 30p Turbo ones.
    Posted by FCHD
    desrick999 is the best
  • edited August 2013
    i think it more depends on the time of the day/week, friday/saturday nights there are plenty of poor dym players at 5.75 and 11.. but mon/tue/weds day time its just full of solid regs 
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Do you think....................DYM related..:
    In Response to Re: Do you think....................DYM related.. : desrick999 is the best
    Posted by stuarty117
    You are dead right, but there are several who are not far behind him. But without doubt, 30p/60p turbos are considerably harder than they were only a few months ago.
  • edited September 2013

I play omaha so possibly its different to what your up against in holdem. But what I find is that i dont give the 60p game the attention i should and as a result my performances in 60p games are not as good as performances in 5 pound games.

I dont think the players are better at 60p level than they are at £5 but then again you can always get lucky or unlucky and come up against a strong or bad standard at any level.

In general I find the players on the 60p table chase alot so best to stay out of trouble even more so on the 60p tables.