You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top Poker Tip.

2»

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Yes, you're right, I think I'll take your advice and "move on"
    You've explained yourself very well and been constructive, unlike me.
    I'm sure when others  read your posts they will be baffled as to why one or two people wanted to comment in any way, other than to praise you.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Top Poker Tip.:
    In Response to Re: Top Poker Tip. : No they are yours you said you think bill loves his freebie lifestyle. Your persistant failed attempts to misquote are only serving to devalue any meaningful comment you are trying to make here. Now grow up.
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    I like this. You decide to take the literal translation of my post, then accuse me of misquoting you!! Nice one.
  • edited September 2013
    This thread is the funniest thing on here in the last few days.

Ohimgood skypokers howard stern.
  • edited September 2013
    just thought I'd come on to the forum before heading to bed to see if there was anything interesting about and found this thread. WOW!!!

This thread is quickly getting out of hand.

OHIMGOOD from your other post it looks like you havent had too good of a day regarding your poker and maybe that's the reason for this thread but some of your posts here are totally out of order.

I think you should leave it now, come back in the morning and apologise. Continuing this is just going to wind everyone up.
  • edited September 2013
    lol he is just trolling jd

And your response plus certain other ones will just fuel him.

He wanted a reaction and he got it, plenty of people biting.
  • edited September 2013
    wtf has being on the dole or working got to do with poker,it seems abit intrusive,its got nowt to do with anyone,leave it out,some people just like bashing people,grow up
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Top Poker Tip. : Oh it's plenty simple, that's what's wrong with it. I bet Bill is absolutely loving his freebie lifestyle!
    Posted by bbMike
    Just LOL  joe will have to wait 2 weeks while jack can blow £80 again in 8 hours
  • edited September 2013
    Two points to make :)

1- If you lose and it affects ur mood (for more than 5 minutes) then your playing at too high a stake and you should either drop stakes or stop playing (tournaments can be an exception)

2- if you hear someone say wow you played for 3 hours and only won 3 quid? This person wont last the long haul because they view poker are purely a money making exercise. I would ask them how much money they won while watching tv for 3 hours? My point is playing poker is your leisure time so you should be having fun regardless of the result. Obviously your gonna be happier to win!
  • edited September 2013
    money is money

If you can't afford to lose it then it doesn't matter where it comes from

The money could come from anywhere, job, benefits, birthday/xmas present - whatever.

If that money should be spent on life's essentials then you should not have gambled with it.
    Therefore you will feel sad that you lost that money.

The only reason someone would be annoyed at losing that £80 if they should of bought food, payed a bill etc...

--

To tackle the question if people appreciate getting benefits, well I am sure everyone appriecates benefits cause without them they would be very hungry without them.

I would be amazed if anyone had £80 left over from benefits to spend on whatever, maybe .80p.

--

now close thread

• edited September 2013
    im going on the dole, all that free money to have wtf am I working for,op lives in cuckoo land either that or lives in out of touch world.Cant believe mods have let this continue so long.
  • edited September 2013
    I think anyone would be annoyed at losing £80, how much of an annoyance it would be will vary. But I definately think it will be annoying to all. If you're flippant about losing money then  no matter what your financial situation you won't have much money for very long.
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    Quite the opposite.  If you're a successful poker player/bettor then provided you keep making +EV decisions you will have more money in the future over the long run. The most successful will be able to remove all emotion from losing and remain objective to assess the decisions that came before the outcome. Being annoyed at losing increases the likelihood to chase losses or make sub-optimal decisions soon after.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Top Poker Tip. : I would ask you not to offer advice to others about how to be a winning player. After all if you're following your own advice the prospects look pretty bleak.
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    Thanks again for your continued engagement with the specific points raised.  In case you take that literally, I'll confirm that that statement is sarcastic.  I've seen you trolling around telling everyone what bad Sharkscope stats various forum members have, and I note that yours are safely kept under lock and key. Well gg wp.

I had thought that one of the points you had tried to raise in this largely nonsense thread, was that it was ok for people to lose 'entertainment' money and to equate this to spending on a night out, but now it seems as though everyone has to be a winner, or face your wrath.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Top Poker Tip. : Thanks again for your continued engagement with the specific points raised.  In case you take that literally, I'll confirm that that statement is sarcastic.  I've seen you trolling around telling everyone what bad Sharkscope stats various forum members have, and I note that yours are safely kept under lock and key. Well gg wp. I had thought that one of the points you had tried to raise in this largely nonsense thread, was that it was ok for people to lose 'entertainment' money and to equate this to spending on a night out, but now it seems as though everyone has to be a winner, or face your wrath.
    Posted by bbMike
    I have come to the conclusion you're a female with PMT, on that note I'm taking the family out for Sunday lunch. Catch ya later
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Top Poker Tip. : I have come to the conclusion you're a female with PMT, on that note I'm taking the family out for Sunday lunch. Catch ya later
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    Ok mate, enjoy. Don't spend what you can't afford :)

PS - I saw the posts that you made that have been removed, enjoy contributing on the forum whilst you can.
  • edited September 2013
    What a stupid discussion, i dont think its anyones business what other people do with there money. Also telling people what they have to do with there salary when they get paid WTF.

i think the thread should be closed as it is not really poker chat anymore and just someone being a D**K