You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bankrole management

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi everyone im pretty much newbie to the forum so im hoping im posting this in the right section, I need some advice on bankrole management, i beleive im a winning player and my stats are pretty decent but i have massive swings, without a doubt this is due to bankrole management or lack off !!!! I find myself burning through roles of a couple of hundred quid on a regular basis ! I am prodomently a tournement player occasionally playing cash but I have no disiplin at all, I understand BM is part of the makeup of a good player, I dont have the bankrole to be playing in the mains on a regular basis but I find myself playing shitloads of sats until i make it ! and half the time i just buy in ! I understand this is problably a stupid question but does any1 have any advice of how to keep disiplin ? I understand BM but i dont use it ! il bink a small tourny and then that becomes my fund to try and play the bigger tournes sky have available the same night and half the time i go broke the same day !! i beleive I am probly costing myself a few quid in the long run !!! any advice would be welcomed !!!!!!!

Comments

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Bankrole management:
    Hi everyone im pretty much newbie to the forum so im hoping im posting this in the right section, I need some advice on bankrole management, i beleive im a winning player and my stats are pretty decent but i have massive swings, without a doubt this is due to bankrole management or lack off !!!! I find myself burning through roles of a couple of hundred quid on a regular basis ! I am prodomently a tournement player occasionally playing cash but I have no disiplin at all, I understand BM is part of the makeup of a good player, I dont have the bankrole to be playing in the mains on a regular basis but I find myself playing shitloads of sats until i make it ! and half the time i just buy in ! I understand this is problably a stupid question but does any1 have any advice of how to keep disiplin ? I understand BM but i dont use it ! il bink a small tourny and then that becomes my fund to try and play the bigger tournes sky have available the same night and half the time i go broke the same day !! i beleive I am probly costing myself a few quid in the long run !!! any advice would be welcomed !!!!!!!
    Posted by K8LOU
    Hi K8LOU
    Are you withdrawing on a regular basis?

Your stats show that you are a winning player in MTT's and should be in profit, so can you give us a little more info as to what you do or what happens to your bankroll? 
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Bankrole management:
    In Response to Bankrole management : Hi K8LOU Are you withdrawing on a regular basis? Your stats show that you are a winning player in MTT's and should be in profit, so can you give us a little more info as to what you do or what happens to your bankroll? 
    Posted by POKERTREV

Hi mate i withdraw if i bink for over 100 il withdraw half usually ! in regards to what im playing it is mainly mtts(ALOT OF SATS) a little bit of cash and a few sit an goes, I never go above 25 50 nl because im a poor cash player but I do tend to move up about 10 levels when i bink ! Il buy in for the 22 BHS when i have 100 plus in my account ! Ino this is were i am going wrong and i do understand BM but I dont have the disiplin to stick at the lower levels and build !!! I have started to understand that it is effecting my game too ! i tilt hard so when i bust a bigger buy in its off the scale and this is probly the reason i go bust so often !!!
  • edited September 2013
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Bankrole management:
    *bankroll
    Posted by calcalfold

Not the first time iv made this mistake !!