You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Brm/deposit

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
just deposited 70 pounds after taking 3 months off the game due to bad brm and major tilt issues! Feel like iv researched enough and read enough on here to have a good crack at it.. Never deposited on sky always been on full tilt aswell so looking forward to the challenge ahead!!advice on games to play appreciated..

Comments

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Brm/deposit:
    just deposited 70 pounds after taking 3 months off the game due to bad brm and major tilt issues! Feel like iv researched enough and read enough on here to have a good crack at it.. Never deposited on sky always been on full tilt aswell so looking forward to the challenge ahead!!advice on games to play appreciated..
    Posted by Snorkey452[/

Play some dym about 3 quid level
  • edited September 2013
    Welcome to the site Snorkey - hope the journey goes well for you!

In terms of BRM, how many tables are you comfortable playing? If you're okay with 3-4 tables, the 2/4p cash games buying in for max is a good place to start the challenge. The key to beating those lower limits is going to be playing pretty ABC and nothing fancy, so discipline with the cards you play will be pretty important. Forum reg DOHHHHHHH did some excellent articles on how to beat those limits, so could be worth a read:

If you're more comfortable in Tournaments or Sit & Gos, I think I'd go for some of the Timed Tourneys and DYMs in each - good ways of keeping the variance down and grinding the roll up. Again, pretty solid poker should get you on top of these two formats at the lower buy-ins.

Let us know how it goes!
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Brm/deposit:
    Welcome to the site Snorkey - hope the journey goes well for you! In terms of BRM, how many tables are you comfortable playing? If you're okay with 3-4 tables, the 2/4p cash games buying in for max is a good place to start the challenge. The key to beating those lower limits is going to be playing pretty ABC and nothing fancy, so discipline with the cards you play will be pretty important. Forum reg DOHHHHHHH did some excellent articles on how to beat those limits, so could be worth a read: Beating Small Stakes Cash: Part 1 Beating Small Stakes Cash: Part 2 Beating Small Stakes Cash: Part 3 If you're more comfortable in Tournaments or Sit & Gos, I think I'd go for some of the Timed Tourneys and DYMs in each - good ways of keeping the variance down and grinding the roll up. Again, pretty solid poker should get you on top of these two formats at the lower buy-ins. Let us know how it goes!
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    quality read & good luck snorkey
  • edited September 2013
    Welcome to the site Snorkey - hope the journey goes well for you! In terms of BRM, how many tables are you comfortable playing? If you're okay with 3-4 tables, the 2/4p cash games buying in for max is a good place to start the challenge. The key to beating those lower limits is going to be playing pretty ABC and nothing fancy, so discipline with the cards you play will be pretty important. Forum reg DOHHHHHHH did some excellent articles on how to beat those limits, so could be worth a read: Beating Small Stakes Cash: Part 1 Beating Small Stakes Cash: Part 2 Beating Small Stakes Cash: Part 3 If you're more comfortable in Tournaments or Sit & Gos, I think I'd go for some of the Timed Tourneys and DYMs in each - good ways of keeping the variance down and grinding the roll up. Again, pretty solid poker should get you on top of these two formats at the lower buy-ins. Let us know how it goes!
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    thanks a lot dave will have a read! guna play 4nl comfortable with 5 or 6 tables but guna start with 2 till my roll is a bit bigger and add as i see fit!
  • edited September 2013
    first session done! Off to work will be back on tonight.. finished 4 pound in profit.. Played a little bit of everything to get a feel of the website, but guna focus on 4nl as of now.
  • edited September 2013
    Best of luck snorkey
  • edited September 2013
    cheers mate, finding it hard to multi table as software running slow only just managing 2 tables.. any idea how to speed it up?
  • edited September 2013
    cheers mate, finding it hard to multi table as software running slow only just managing 2 tables.. any idea how to speed it up?
    Posted by Snorkey452
     Make sure you are playing on the new software, these seem to run better. I have same issue and now play mainly elsewhere.
  • edited September 2013
    IFind the new tables better but don't mix old and new gets even worse.

n Response to Re: Brm/deposit:
    Posted by Snorkey452
  • edited September 2013
    After losing all my freebies i have decided to keep my deposits to 888poker i think this site is abit poop to be honest if you want something good to do with your £70 then spend it on your Wife
  • edited September 2013
    Still struggling with new soft ware 2 tables max and thats still a lag! I prefer this to any other website good forum and its in pounds.. also a lot of limping and free money on the nl4 tables haha