You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

start a diary on skypoker.com..??

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
if you are bored with the grind then choose something creative for the diary - not just another here is my cash brm (no offense intended to any current diaries)

how about a "hunt for the jackpot"

ie main/mini only and their sats. provides 
a sky specific flavour 
a real challenge
a diary worth following and one i've not seen before

you could track how close you get to the jackpot, whether you are able to show improvement over time, which mtt types you get the best results at, along with an analysis of key hands etc etc

just a thought

Comments

• edited September 2013
    morning everyone..! 

im currently thinking of creating an ongoing diary on sky's forum, for a couple reasons, and just wanted to know whether you think you would like it and whether i should do it..?

firstly some recent background..

i have been a sky 'reg' for some time previously and a few months ago moved onto some different sites for better bonuses.. the best i had was 60% RB.. which is good but still im coming back to sky.. grinding theses different sites felt robotic and ONE BIG GRIND, and i far from enjoyed it.. 

some reasons im thinking of creating a diary is to get involved in some discussions on lots of different aspects of the game ie. handhistories, br managment, dicipline, etc etc.. (none of these im the best at) which i why i think i need to improve.. 

im a big fan of pushing myself to get better and have always wanted to be the best i can- when playin on the other sites i have access to software which i can look through- i belive that making a diary may push myself on sky (the site i want to play the most) to study my play more than i do normally, with the thoughts of others. 
    i do normally record sessions also so link to these will also be available..

this is not the start of any diary just the start of a thought in my head..! i have no set goal, no number i want to hit, and no timescale for acheiving anythink what so ever.. my usual level i play is 25/50p .50/£1 sometimes venture higher when i spot a good game.. ive played on other sites and been a reg at $1/$2 $2/$4 HU..
    i have a couple ideas which may start me off but the main reason for a diary would be to keep myself interested in improvin again- i have been playin (and will continue) to play alot live also - ive recently been around quite a few place inc ukipt - gukpt - and obvs spt's so this will continue..

some ideas i have would be moving through the diff levels startin at .25/.50 minimum and discussin the different levels once i (hopefully) get there - or just stayin at my usual 6-7cash- all the decent tourneys and sometimes a few HU chuck in for giggles- 

let me no what u think and whether it seems like a good idea for me or not-- tbh im bored of the grind so want to change somethin that im doin .!!  

• edited September 2013
    Alright mate, dunno if you remember, I met you for the first time at the 6max at DTD. I'd definitely follow it and join in the discussion, I got buckets of things I need to improve on.

Been putting alot more time in recently so should be joining you at 50NL soon.

Oh Macapaca wanted me to pass on a message.....

HU4ROLLZ!!!!
  • edited September 2013
    think it would be good for focus and discipline, something I have thought about doing as I do struggle in the same area...

good idea if it's to acheive something, more like challenge - rarthe than a log of session like:

day one: yeah played 4 hours 6 tables and lost 2 buy ins.

day two: played again and won a buy in

day three: played again and lost three buy in's, omfg I am so rubbish at poker

day four: played again won 5 buy in's, I am a boss !

day five: played again lost 4 buy in's, sky is rigged

day six, played again, break even sigh

day seven, played again lost 3 buy in's, omg deffo rigged - quit end thread

I guess the more intresting the better to spark off discussion.

I'll subscribe for sure.....

• edited September 2013

i agree for the most part that t would be differnet to the usual sky diaries- im still not too keen on havin too much of an 'end goal' jus use it as a way to bounce ideas around and keep me focus on learning whilst being on sky- i use HM2 to do this now and of recorded sessions but the software is not availabe-
    the only aim i may do would be to start at a min of .25/.50 and work up through the different level- many of which ive played thousands of hands at..

i have missed the action at sky as i was soo comfortable so will probally make the move back -all be it for lees RB (but im happy with the action here, let me tell you) jesus the grind and reg heavy oppos has done me in lol
    i probs wont be updating my balance - wins losses- probally wont include these atall tbh- it will include my strat for moving forward my personal goals and different aspects of the game thats not really discussed much and things like how i plan to take on the nxt level - the jumps involved and the different stratagy to take forward in order to survive/beat the next level (all of which have been done-failed/ done-succeded, before).. i think it may be a decent read and if any may get me back on sky-

of course i remenber meetin ya lambo and tell macapaca i said anytime..lol

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: start a diary on skypoker.com..??:
    if you are bored with the grind then choose something creative for the diary - not just another here is my cash brm (no offense intended to any current diaries) how about a "hunt for the jackpot" ie main/mini only and their sats. provides  a sky specific flavour  a real challenge a diary worth following and one i've not seen before you could track how close you get to the jackpot, whether you are able to show improvement over time, which mtt types you get the best results at, along with an analysis of key hands etc etc just a thought
    Posted by GELDY
    a good idea sir, but not for me, dont get me wrong i include all mains and 7pm and 9pm tournies along side cash but want the dairy to include my whole game rather than the small part on the side- i may include this also who knows :)
  • edited September 2013
    i agree for the most part that t would be differnet to the usual sky diaries- im still not too keen on havin too much of an 'end goal' jus use it as a way to bounce ideas around and keep me focus on learning whilst being on sky- i use HM2 to do this now and of recorded sessions but the software is not availabe- the only aim i may do would be to start at a min of .25/.50 and work up through the different level- many of which ive played thousands of hands at.. i have missed the action at sky as i was soo comfortable so will probally make the move back -all be it for lees RB (but im happy with the action here, let me tell you) jesus the grind and reg heavy oppos has done me in lol i probs wont be updating my balance - wins losses- probally wont include these atall tbh- it will include my strat for moving forward my personal goals and different aspects of the game thats not really discussed much and things like how i plan to take on the nxt level - the jumps involved and the different stratagy to take forward in order to survive/beat the next level (all of which have been done-failed/ done-succeded, before).. i think it may be a decent read and if any may get me back on sky- of course i remenber meetin ya lambo and tell macapaca i said anytime..lol
    Posted by LnarinOO
    Hey!

Would be really interesting if you did start up  a blog on here, on strategy / how you are doing at moving up levels. Wouldn't be to specific giving free info to your opponents, maybe just general stuff.

From your posts that i've seen in the clinic, your knowledge and understanding of the game is right up there.

I totally agree there would be no point in putting up profits / losses. It is useful for people trying to build a bankroll up to stay focussed, which doesn't really apply here.

Look forward to reading whatever you decide and good luck getting back on the sky grind!
  • edited September 2013
    LnarinOO,

Just a thought - have you considered doing it in the style of 'Phil Gordon's Little Green Book'? That was a cracking book and the idea works well for a diary, I think - take a key hand you've played from the session, discuss the thought processes, how you felt about the end result and what lessons were learned/notes were taken.

It would be pretty instructive to 'listen in' on the thoughts of someone who is a reg at those mid-stakes I'd say...
  • edited September 2013
    +1 to sky Dave

Phil Gordon's Green book is the most readable poker book i've read and believe me, i've read a few. It's a little dated now (He bought out the Gold book but it isn't as readable though certainly more up to date). Maybe that 'one word' will occur during a session and the diary could revvolve around it for that day then targets won't be involved but the thread still review your feelings and pointers that you've experienced. and hopefully tried to conquer, during the day you're writing about. 

All the best L. I'd certainly be reading it and pestering you with q's no doubt.
  • edited September 2013
    LnarinOO, Just a thought - have you considered doing it in the style of 'Phil Gordon's Little Green Book'? That was a cracking book and the idea works well for a diary, I think - take a key hand you've played from the session, discuss the thought processes, how you felt about the end result and what lessons were learned/notes were taken. It would be pretty instructive to 'listen in' on the thoughts of someone who is a reg at those mid-stakes I'd say...
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    not read the book tbh but this was the kind of idea i had in the way of a diary- especially as so many different aspects of the game change so much with each level u play.. 

larson, i no what u mean but i wouldnt be givin any edges away for free (or at least to any specific villain) just my general thoughts and ideas on tackling different situations moving up.. 

i will need to sit down and work out my plan because im feelin very determined at the mo and think im in the right place to change again.. all will be revealed ..