You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2x points at cash question

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
double points starts on the 4th sep on cash but my questions are: 

does this include at happy hour ?

so do we get 4x the normal in happy hours ?

or just the double point with no happy hours ?

Comments

• edited September 2013
    I think Sky have finally got it right with this promotion. It makes no difference to the high volume grinders who reach priority, as they receive a flat % of rake paid back.

But it will encourage everyone else below priority level to play more and earn more rakeback.
  • edited September 2013
    Hi,

The promotion is fixed at double points over the entire week, so you still get 2x the normal points at happy hour times rather than 4x.

Cheers.
  • edited September 2013

...put another way, Happy Hour is now Happy Week, or 168 consecutive Happy Hours!

This does NOT "double-up" Promos like Happy Hour though. Effectively, "Happy Hour" stops for 7 days, starting Thursday.  

• edited September 2013
    Except it's double happy hour, right?

Cos happy hour os +50%  and this is +100%? Is that right?
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 2x points at cash question:
    Except it's double happy hour, right? Cos happy hour os +50%  and this is +100%? Is that right?
    Posted by Lambert180
    No!

PS - I'll reply to your e-Mail, & do the deed, on Thursday. Spinning too many plates right now, sorry for the delay.
  • edited September 2013
    Cheers Tikay, no worries about the delay.

I'm confused now though lol, but that may be thanks to confusing wording of my first question. This promo is for double points (so 100% extra) whereas a normal happy hour is 50% extra (apart from them ones from like midnight - 2am) so it is double what you'd normally get extra in comparison to a happy hour? That was my understanding.
  • edited September 2013
    Cheers Tikay, no worries about the delay. I'm confused now though lol, but that may be thanks to confusing wording of my first question. This promo is for double points (so 100% extra) whereas a normal happy hour is 50% extra (apart from them ones from like midnight - 2am) so it is double what you'd normally get extra in comparison to a happy hour? That was my understanding.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yes, it is twice as good as happy hour and lasts all that week.
  • edited September 2013

Oh and it starts on 5th Sept by the way.
  • edited September 2013
    Do we need to enter a promo code for this or does it just hapen?
  • edited September 2013
    Do we need to enter a promo code for this or does it just hapen?
    Posted by jams88
    As long as you are already Registered for Rewards, no.

See THIS
  • edited September 2013
    I get 30k rewards each month can someone explain how this promotion benefits me?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    In the words of John Mcenroe you cannot be serious. I am guessing that as you are from the north east its a wind up at least I hope it is. 

Its a great promo, benefits all players from low volume recs to people who have nothing better to do. Much better than a rake race.  
  • edited September 2013
    I get 30k rewards each month can someone explain how this promotion benefits me?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    In the words of John Mcenroe you cannot be serious. I am guessing that as you are from the north east its a wind up at least I hope it is. 

Its a great promo, benefits all players from low volume recs to people who have nothing better to do. Much better than a rake race.  
  • edited September 2013
    Posted by Donttelmum

It doesn't really.
    Any points promos, as you probably well know, are mostly beneficial to those players earning < 10 k points per month.

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 2x points at cash question : No wind up gooner. I may get more points from it but it doesn't mean I will get anymore rakeback.  I can't see any benefits at all for players who usually rake 30k points.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    There aren't any benefits for you, like literally none at all if you earn 30k+ anyway. But then there aren't any benefits for MTT players when they run a rake race either. Not every promo is gonna help every player.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 2x points at cash question : I realise that and knew someone would say something along those lines.  I just wanted to know if there were any benefits for any higher raking players.  When there's a promotion that doesn't help other players, its not like we get 20 pages of players crying that they can't win something....is there?
    Posted by Donttelmum

Dont you get enough benefits out of the site as it is ? Including a £500 golden ticket win last month. 

Some people are just never happy. The promo is designed to encourage recreational players to up their volume not line the pockets of those at the top end. 

• edited September 2013
    Lol Donttelmum sky poker promos don't revolve around you, get a grip.

• edited September 2013
    I just asked if it benefits higher raking players ffs. I do great from promos cos I work hard for them.  Now do 1.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    No you didnt, you said how does this promo benefit ME. Hence the incredulity and sarchasm from my responses. BTW I am priority and understand that the promo isnt as good as first appears but that revolves around doing some research. Given the amount you rake each month, I dont understand why you have sky as your site of preference, there are some stonking rakeback deals out there.

Back to the promo I am very comfortable with sky giving the recs something back.

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 2x points at cash question : I'll get a grip of you if you don't watch your mouth son!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Ok hardman gg
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 2x points at cash question : No you didnt, you said how does this promo benefit ME. Hence the incredulity and sarchasm from my responses. BTW I am priority and understand that the promo isnt as good as first appears but that revolves around doing some research. Given the amount you rake each month, I dont understand why you have sky as your site of preference, there are some stonking rakeback deals out there.   Back to the promo I am very comfortable with sky giving the recs something back.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Me me me, myself and I...........
    #itsallaboutme