You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

40NL - River Bluff v Weak Sizings

edited September 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Pretty much readless against villian.

Thoughts on my ship here (and the whole hand really)?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
slippery12 Small blind   £0.20 £0.20 £25.04
Lambert180 Big blind   £0.40 £0.60 £56.68
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

dorithy Fold        
funkimunki Call   £0.40 £1.00 £31.97
Deciet Call   £0.40 £1.40 £24.41
slippery12 Raise   £1.80 £3.20 £23.24
Lambert180 Call   £1.60 £4.80 £55.08
funkimunki Fold        
Deciet Call   £1.60 £6.40 £22.81
Flop

• J

slippery12 Bet   £3.20 £9.60 £20.04
Lambert180 Call   £3.20 £12.80 £51.88
Deciet Fold        
Turn

slippery12 Bet   £1.60 £14.40 £18.44
Lambert180 Call   £1.60 £16.00 £50.28
River

slippery12 Bet   £2.80 £18.80 £15.64
Lambert180 All-in   £50.28 £69.08 £0.00

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Don't like the flop float at all. He 3-bets pre and bets flop 3 way so he probably has something here most of the time. Turn I guess is standard. Dunno if river shove works often enough, I mean what are you trying to fold out? Also, what are you representing other than something like KQss?
  • edited September 2013
    Just incase you misread it, this is 40NL. So he hasn't 3bet pre, he's just isolated 2 limpers

Well given he has less than a PSB, I'll be shoving most of my decent value hands where I know I can get called by worse, so 44/66/77/TT/JJ/JT, flushes, 89.

Tbf, most randoms aren't thinking much (if at all) about ranges though and what I'm repping. I remember when I 3 barrelled with air at the last SPT 6max and by the river he looked pained and said out loud 'I really have no idea what you could have that beats me but I can't call'. They just see a big bet and think 'meh, he must have a good hand'

Doubt he's gonna think well I'll make a hero call with AT cos he's repping nothing or w/e. He's betting small imo purely cos he has a made hand but it's not one he's overly in love with. Although sometimes I pick up on that and do something but they just get stubborn anyway and refuse to fold lol.
  • edited September 2013
    I just don't get the story you are selling
    Your range very polarised
    would expect you to get looked up quite a lot by thinking players
  • edited September 2013
    ah yeah misread it! Still, I don't like the flop float unless you know he c-bets wide even 3 way. I mean there just aren't that many great turn cards for us. Even if a Q or A comes we're not going to be loving life if he bets big again. HU then obv it's a much more standard float.

I mean the river shove is probably worth a try now you've got here but wouldn't count on it being ev if you start making the play often!
  • edited September 2013
    Can't win the hand unless you jam so 
  • edited September 2013
    stinging line bro
  • edited September 2013
    What are u repping on a float flop then ship on a brick river line makes no sense 
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 40NL - River Bluff v Weak Sizings:
    What are u repping on a float flop then ship on a brick river line makes no sense 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
     its not really a brick river-

as u got to the river in this spot, i like it but vs a specific villan only, and that'll be someone thats value bets too wide.. u would play nut hand the same id hope so should have some bluffs to balance- the only problem is ur readless.. but guessin that weak sizing means weak holdness is not the worst assumtion ..!!
  • edited September 2013
    maybe ask what your doing from the flop onwards

are you floating readless

what ya repping KQ

what ever your trying to rep, villian will not care cause it's not obvious

raising turn is better given the reason for the bluff is purely because of sizing

readless though it's bit out there wishing on a star bro

• edited September 2013
    The thing about repping hands against unknown villain's is that they don't actually care about how you would play your sets, straights or two-pairs.

They only care how "most players" would play sets, straights and two-pairs on this board. They judge what "most players" would do on wet boards by what they would do on wet boards themselves. So when you're thinking "I could rep a set on this river", the villain is thinking "BS mate. You'd raise a set or straight on the turn at least and you're never getting to the turn with 77 or 66".

If we were calling down to the river with a set or turned straight, we'd be taking a deceptive line to get paid. We can't go around telling ourselves "This is the type of deceptive line I'd take with a set to make it look like I don't have a set. This unknown villain is surely going to appreciate that, therefore giving me credit for a set!"... That doesn't work.

That said, river shoves usually get through against unknowns unless our opponent is nutted. That doesn't make it particularly clever, though.... it's not as though this villain has raised pre-flop and barrelled big on three streets, after all: How strong could he be? :/
  • edited September 2013
    That's the issue though, he hasn't barrelled 3 streets big. He's bet 50% pot, then slightly over 10% pot twice.