You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A betting diary from £500 bankroll

edited September 2013 in Betting Chat
Hi all i thought i set up my own diary with a starting Bankroll of £500 which i withdrew on sky as i dnt go on there as odds are not as good as bet fred

I will be doing a nap and a next best each day 

The nap will be £10 win 

Next best will be £5 win  

during the weekend will be the same +  i do football bets only matches on tv as u get double delights so if they score 1st at 6/1 then score again will be 12/1 so i will be doing £5 win on each game on tv 

i start of the day with my Nap + Next best 

5.50 lingfield     Spin artist 10/3   £10 win   m.johnstons horses are firing this season and won 2/2 so far this year so think it win for the hatrick 

6.30 laytown    Gold falcon  8/1    1 of gary o briens tips at a price as the racing is tricky go for 1 of hes tips as he been doing well lately 

Good luck with ya bets n hope ya folllow my posts with intrest i keep updated each day on horses profits n loss

Comments

• edited September 2013
    In Response to A betting diary from £500 bankroll:
    Hi all i thought i set up my own diary with a starting Bankroll of £500 which i withdrew on sky as i dnt go on there as odds are not as good as bet fred I will be doing a nap and a next best each day  The nap will be £10 win  Next best will be £5 win   during the weekend will be the same +  i do football bets only matches on tv as u get double delights so if they score 1st at 6/1 then score again will be 12/1 so i will be doing £5 win on each game on tv  i start of the day with my Nap + Next best  5.50 lingfield     Spin artist 10/3   £10 win   m.johnstons horses are firing this season and won 2/2 so far this year so think it win for the hatrick  6.30 laytown    Gold falcon  8/1    1 of gary o briens tips at a price as the racing is tricky go for 1 of hes tips as he been doing well lately  Good luck with ya bets n hope ya folllow my posts with intrest i keep updated each day on horses profits n loss
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Hi IDCU I will definately be looking in from time to time to follow your progress. Good luck with this.
  • edited September 2013
    Good luck donk, how about a bit of background into your betting life/career so far? And how do you go about selecting your picks?
  • edited September 2013
    Ok splashies 

When i was a kid about 12 years old every weekend my mum + dad would have a bet i would bike down the road as i knew the guy that worked there and he knew my mum n dad very well he let me knock on the back door and put my bets on and bike home and watch the racing i used to have a lil flutter aswell when i was that age 10p lucky 15s  10p placepots silly bets was fun always loved horse racing 

When i was 16 i remember the guy who worked there said when u will become 18 u will work here with me u will be my empolyer as the women that worked there was gonna retire i couldnt bloody wait hurry up these 2 years 

So then i was 18 so excited about working in the bookies just love all sports betting mainly horses and football was great only downside long hrs couldnt really go out as it was 12 hrs a day 6 to some times 7 days a week well bk then there was no sunday racing so can get away with going out on the lash and open up for sunday dog racing so can get away with a hangover as was quite on sunday 

Few years down the line my manager decided to retire from the bookies this was from about 2003 so i would of been 22  then my brother who is good with maths he decided to become my manager i was still the employee but i can work out bets easily with my head just didnt want the responsobilty of becoming a manager so thats it a lil bit of background about my life as a bookie 

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: A betting diary from £500 bankroll:
    Ok splashies  When i was a kid about 12 years old every weekend my mum + dad would have a bet i would bike down the road as i knew the guy that worked there and he knew my mum n dad very well he let me knock on the back door and put my bets on and bike home and watch the racing i used to have a lil flutter aswell when i was that age 10p lucky 15s  10p placepots silly bets was fun always loved horse racing  When i was 16 i remember the guy who worked there said when u will become 18 u will work here with me u will be my empolyer as the women that worked there was gonna retire i couldnt bloody wait hurry up these 2 years  So then i was 18 so excited about working in the bookies just love all sports betting mainly horses and football was great only downside long hrs couldnt really go out as it was 12 hrs a day 6 to some times 7 days a week well bk then there was no sunday racing so can get away with going out on the lash and open up for sunday dog racing so can get away with a hangover as was quite on sunday  Few years down the line my manager decided to retire from the bookies this was from about 2003 so i would of been 22  then my brother who is good with maths he decided to become my manager i was still the employee but i can work out bets easily with my head just didnt want the responsobilty of becoming a manager so thats it a lil bit of background about my life as a bookie 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Were you still allowed to use his back door occasionally or did all that end once you became legal?
  • edited September 2013
    i knew u say summit like that b4 i even read it 
  • edited September 2013
    i knew u say summit like that b4 i even read it 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Fess up mate who was your 'old' boss? Kevin Webster?

I'll have him SAL!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dV4cartzmY

loooooool.

sorry donk. gl w/ the diary. hope u see sense and pack it in asap b4 u lose too much tho.
  • edited September 2013
    loool JJ, nice one Donk. Hope you crush
  • edited September 2013
    No good today not even placed end balance £485
  • edited September 2013
    Forgot to add on my story as a bookie persks of beeing a bookie 

We used to have a regular irish  punter bets in big money im talking minimum £200 a race he didnt come in much only when he got a tip for john dunlops or henry cecils and when he bet on the horse i go on my phone and have a bet on aswell ;) 

he did ave some good winners 
  • edited September 2013
    Todays bets 

5.00 bath   Chesters littlegem 2/1   nap £10 win 

7.30 kempton  Gone dutch   2/1  N/B  £5win 

£5 win double 

Good luck if having a bet 
  • edited September 2013
    BOOOOOOOM Nap landed just need the other 1 for a lil touch 
  • edited September 2013
    2nd horsedidnt win sigh 

staked £20 returns = £30 

end balance £495 
  • edited September 2013
    5,25  clonmel     high hill beauty Nap   £10 win   3/1 

7.10 kempton    Oasisi spirit   N/b  £5 win at 4/1  

Good luck all if having a bet 
  • edited September 2013
    End of balance £480 

Gonna follow hugh taylors tips today 

So 2.50 chepstow hail promenader 3/1   Nap £10 win 

4.20  chepstow   Euroquip boy  4/1 £5 win 

• edited September 2013
    1 winner and a 3rd today made £10 profit 

end balance £490 
  • edited September 2013
    3.35  Kempton   Jazz master  Nap  £10 win  3/1 

5.10 Ascot     Gabbiano    N/b   £5 win  4/1 
  • edited September 2013
    3.35  Kempton   Jazz master  Nap  £10 win  3/1  5.10 Ascot     Gabbiano    N/b   £5 win  4/1 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Nice win!
  • edited September 2013
    Thankyou wynne 

1ST time in profit since my new diary 

£40 bk form £15 outlay 

end of day balance £515 
  • edited September 2013
    Thankyou wynne  1ST time in profit since my new diary  £40 bk form £15 outlay  end of day balance £515 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    doing alot better than me so far

gl sir
  • edited September 2013
    Today just having a couple of bets on the jumps 

4.50 fontwell      me and ben  Nap  3/1    £10 win 

4.14 fontwell      golden squirell    10/3    £5 win 

cheers shanxta got of to a slow start but had a couple of winning naps so showing lil profit now 
  • edited September 2013
    Sigh was counting my money on golden squirrel thought horse had it won :/
  • edited September 2013
    3.40  huntingdon    Getaway car  Nap   £10 win 11/4

4.50 perth     Maggio   N/b    £5 win 4/1
  • edited September 2013
    3.40  huntingdon    Getaway car  Nap   £10 win 11/4 4.50 perth     Maggio   N/b    £5 win 4/1
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Just had a bet on your 3.40 huntingdon selection, it has been backed down to 2/1
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: A betting diary from £500 bankroll : Just had a bet on your 3.40 huntingdon selection, it has been backed down to 2/1
    Posted by wynne1938
    Hope you had abet on my Huntingdon 3.40 selection Town Mouse, won at 50/1
  • edited September 2013
    no i didnt wynne how did u pick that nice 1 the form of it was pulled up and unseated rider never would of picked that welldone 
  • edited September 2013
    no good today 2 donkeys end of day balance £485
  • edited September 2013
    no i didnt wynne how did u pick that nice 1 the form of it was pulled up and unseated rider never would of picked that welldone 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Look up my thread "Horses to follow on the flat 2013"
  • edited September 2013
    4.25  U/ter    Long wave 2/1  £10  win  Nap 

3.50  U/ter    Teak   N/b   4/1    £5 win 
  • edited September 2013
    Balance £470 

My 2 bets today are both at wolverhampton 

6.30    Star pearl  2/1   Nap  £10 win 

9.00    Royal peculiar  4/1  N/b  £5 win 
  • edited September 2013
    2/2 winners today both won get in made a £40 profit on the day