You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Going poker full time??? What Br would you need???

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
Before we go any further, this is not what I want or even think about doing lol, I am just wondering on what kind of Br roughly you would need.
For example, I am a self employed electrician and earn around £3k PCM.
I have 4 children, a wife, a mortgage, a van and a car to run.
So life is expensive!

What kind of Br would you need to go full time earning £3k plus PCM 

I was thinking you would probably need around £20k???

Is this figure correct?

Comments

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Going poker full time??? What Br would you need???:
    Before we go any further, this is not what I want or even think about doing lol, I am just wondering on what kind of Br roughly you would need. For example, I am a self employed electrician and earn around £3k PCM. I have 4 children, a wife, a mortgage, a van and a car to run. So life is expensive! What kind of Br would you need to go full time earning £3k plus PCM  I was thinking you would probably need around £20k??? Is this figure correct?
    Posted by macapaca
    You would need to be a rich to play on this  site full time specialy if you have a wife haha
  • edited September 2013
    Need to know how many hands you're going to play, then you can work out based on #BB/hr what stake you'd need to play to earn £3k (assuming no rebasing for tax etc). Then you can find the #BI's that you'd be comfortable with, and Bob becomes your uncle.  Just off out now otherwise I'd have put some numbers down.
  • edited September 2013
    Depends what you're playing etc.

If you play cash games say up to and including 50NL... then a minimum of £5k is probably a good idea. Cash then 100+ BIs is always a good idea if you NEED to withdraw X amount every month.

If you played nothing but MTTs for a living then I'd want a mahoosive BR so you can afford to withdraw your 'wages' each month regardless as there will be really long bad patches.
  • edited September 2013
    I'd estimate a full time cash grinder playing 50NL for instance would be earning at least £800-£1000 from C4P which means you'd need to make £2.2k from the games which is 44 BIs.

If you were playing a load of tables and across all your tables your total BB/hour was 25xBB which is reasonable then you'd need to play 176 hours so pretty much like a full time job, about 40 hrs per week.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Going poker full time??? What Br would you need???:
    What kind of Br would you need to go full time earning £3k plus PCM  I was thinking you would probably need around £20k??? Is this figure correct?
    Posted by macapaca
    Size of Earnings is not necessarily related to how big your bankroll is.

Earnings are a product of how much you can beat a particular game by, and how much volume you can put into that game.
    Bankroll, for a full time, winning, player, should be enough so that you can carry on playing those games through variance.

Can you earn £3k per month? Depends which games you are playing, and how well you play them.
    What bankroll do you need? Depends on the games you intend to play.
  • edited September 2013
    depends what games ya playing 50 nl i think u would need 10k minimum to play full time