You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should I get this in pre or not?

edited September 2013 in The Poker Clinic
hey guys played this hand today but not sure 100% if I done the right thing regardless of the result.

villian is a good tag reg at these levels and I respect their game a lot. I have a lot of history with them and we are both capable getting it in a lot lighter than some so feel I can be in good shape a lot time.

thing i`m really not sure about is we are both over 200bbs deep and its a blind vs btn situation, so when I get 4bet regardless of our history and know opponent capable doing it with a lot more than 9s+ ak/aq what`s the best move call/5bet or maybe even fold which is the option I like the least tbh.

thoughts?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceliamboi11Small blind £0.10£0.10£48.82Hoff92Big blind £0.20£0.30£32.24Ubbi4820Sit out     Your hole cardsKA   sagaFold    westslay23Fold    villianRaise £0.60£0.90£41.10liamboi11Raise £2.10£3.00£46.72Hoff92Fold    villianRaise £4.40£7.40£36.70liamboi11Raise £10.00£17.40£36.72villianRaise £20.00£37.40£16.70

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Flat the 4bet unless your willing to 5-bet and get it in. Can't 5-bet fold. You need 37% so I think villain's range has to be KK/AA for you to fold.
  • edited September 2013

I agree with Ivanovic that we shouldn't be 5-betting AK intending to fold.

The only reason to do so would be that you have some cast iron read that he 6-bet shoves weaker hands vs you but always 6-bets small with AA or KK. I don't know how such a read could possibly be developed. lol

When you make the 5-bet you have to believe you can get it in versus worse hands. If you don't believe that's the case, don't 5-bet. Easy game. :/

• edited September 2013
    just to confirm I was never 5bet folding I was really asking do you think the 5bet get it in is correct or just flat the 4bet vs this type player
  • edited September 2013
    Given your reads it probably is but then again people play differently when 200bb deep and he may only be 4betting with a super tight range in which case 5 betting is probably bad.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Should I get this in pre or not?:
    Given your reads it probably is but then again people play differently when 200bb deep and he may only be 4betting with a super tight range in which case 5 betting is probably bad.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    yeah this what I was thinking really 200bb wae ak aipf think vs most opponents is bad in long run maybe my own mistake not adjusting to this. Maybe I should flat the 4bet and re assess on the flop see what opponent does and see what the texture of board is.
  • edited September 2013

Hey Liam,

I would fold, it looks like we are crushed here.

Really like the min raise 6 bet by oppo, begging for the shove.

I know what others are saying above you can't fold after 5 betting, but it really looks like Aces or Kings.

I don't think they are messing about 200 bigs deep. I would say it's aces thats my shout!

Tho could be Queens, AK, AQ. Could be totally wrong, but i'm sticking with aces!

• edited September 2013
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Should I get this in pre or not?:
    Hey Liam, I would fold, it looks like we are crushed here. Really like the min raise 6 bet by oppo, begging for the shove. I know what others are saying above you can't fold after 5 betting, but it really looks like Aces or Kings. I don't think they are messing about 200 bigs deep. I would say it's aces thats my shout! Tho could be Queens, AK, AQ. Could be totally wrong, but i'm sticking with aces!
    Posted by LARSON7
    This is a tad contradicting. 
  • edited September 2013
    Against nearly ever reg at this level there's just no point 5betting for value 200xBB deep imo. You don't wanna 5bet/fold and when you GII that deep against 90%+ of regs you'll be lucky if you see KK.

And when you do have AA and could do it for value, you'll just make them fold the few hands they'd 4bet but won't get it in with anyway.
  • edited September 2013
    /random derail

I remember getting in AK pre-flop for 300bb deep vs launder. That was at £1.5/£3 and it was also at a time when I was playing way above my BR. Anyway my read that I was more than good was spot on but he had QT and was live. Naturally I got outdrawn though and I think I was pretty tilty after that!!

But we had a lot of history, even deep. He thought that I would be 3/4/5/6 betting with a polarised range this deep with me either having AA or air. But I knew that he thought that and was more than happy to go all the way with AK. However, I really doubt this sort of history occurs at these levels. Well I mean I play 20NL and I can't think of any opponents where I would get it in with AK for 200bb deep unless during the time on the table we'd both been 3/4 betting a lot.
  • edited September 2013
    cheers for advice guys
  • edited September 2013
    lol so what did he have?
  • edited September 2013
    Peel the 4bet and play poker. 

He makes your life so easy by 6betting but you've already made the mistake.

Fwiw if you 'respect' his game (you shouldn't, this is 20nl) then I'd consider flatting a fair amount of the time to balance the other hands you're peeling the sb with. 

This should present a good sq opportunity for the bb. But i haven't played this level in a long time, not sure how much sq actually goes on (I'm assuming not much).