You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Reasons for rigged Software

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat

So just read yet another "sky is rigged" thread in bbv and it got me thinking wouldn't poker sites actually be better (if they did want to have dodgy software) to make it work the other way i.e. less bad beats.

Less bad beats means more regulars as they would get more reliable profits. More regulars making more reliable profit means more new players trying to emulate these winning players and their profits etc. etc.

I don't see how a site that has software that gives more bad beats leaving players feeling cheated encourages them to come back and play more?!

The only argument for a rigged site I've heard is that new players get lucky and are on the right side of the bad beat and they think "oh I'm good at this" and they then proceed to deposit and lose much more - surely this argument falls over pretty quick as this rigged software will then quickly give them bad beats leaving them feeling cheated and they leave. I cant think of any other reason for "more bad beat giving" software.

Maybe this is just me wanting to get less bad beats but I'm bored in work and that little thought popped into my head so I thought I'd share. Tikay definitely rigged the Premiership Poker though :)

Comments

• edited September 2013

The bizarre thing about the whole debate is that some players believe the software favours one player over another in certain situations.

But software does not think. It is inanimate.

A deck of 52 cards can come up with some remarkable situatiions without any help. Which is why poker is so popular.  

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Reasons for rigged Software:
    The bizarre thing about the whole debate is that some players believe the software favours one player over another in certain situations. But software does not think. It is inanimate. A deck of 52 cards can come up with some remarkable situatiions without any help. Which is why poker is so popular.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes I remember I was playing a live tournament and a friend of mine had just lost a big pot and faced the dejection of being all in on the big blind. A player from middle position raises and the small blind then shoves all in over the top. The initial raiser then snap called. Big blind flicks over kings, initial raiser Aces and my friend flicks over 6 3 off. Flop ran out 6 6 3 with a blank turn and river.

After the treble up my friend went on to win the tournament! We were on a 30/70 split on all winnings so I'm a big fan of 6 3 off now lol) 

If something like that happened on here I'm pretty sure there'd be a riot!!

Ps I notice you didn't deny rigging the premiership poker by the way :)
  • edited September 2013

No need to rig the Premiership. Greens were different gravy, class above the rest.

G-R-DOUBLE EE N 
  • edited September 2013
    When i get a badbeat, poker is rigged !
    When my horse comes last , racing is rigged !
    when my football team lose. football is rigged !
    etc etc ..........
    When Tikay lifts the premiership title, well that's just a flamin miracle !  lol

• edited September 2013
    all the rigged poker stories have always annoyed me people just need to realise that either they are playing bad... they are playing good, or they are getting lucky or unlucky at times, thats all there is to it. its poker if u dont like it theres a simple solution. :D
  • edited September 2013
    I have never seen short stacks get sucked out on so much in cash games & BOunty Hunters as on Sky!

No bitterness, just a general observation, nor am I implying it is rigged.

• edited September 2013
    this is the only poker site ive not won much money from yet other sites i do quite well and managed a staggering 263 dollars from a free 12 ive had to lose £600 here before i realized im a losing player on this site maybe after anouther 600 i may run like you tikay with 23 pairs of aces in a session