You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

flopped 2 pair on wet flop

edited September 2013 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
villain 1 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £59.00
foldUfairy Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £49.07
  Your hole cards

eagle05 Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £72.65
Toshiro Fold     
villain 2Call  £1.50 £3.75 £40.87
beaneh Fold     
villain 1 Call  £1.25 £5.00 £57.75
foldUfairy Call  £1.00 £6.00 £48.07
Flop

villain 1 Check     
foldUfairy Check     
eagle05 Check     
villain 2 Bet  £3.00 £9.00 £37.87
villain 1 Raise  £8.50 £17.50 £49.25
foldUfairy Call  £8.50 £26.00 £39.57
eagle05 Fold     
villain 2Call  £5.50 £31.50 £32.37
Turn

• A

villain 1 Bet  £16.00 £47.50 £33.25
foldUfairy ??     
villain 2     

Villain 1 - Loose, seems fishy, has shown a few bluffs  /  villain 2 - Tag, seems solid, slightly nitty, mulitabling

What is the best line to take here given the notes I have?

Comments

• edited September 2013
    I would bet big on the flop and reappraise on the action

here you have no clue where you are

but then what do I know
  • edited September 2013
    Think it just depends how nitty Villian 1 is, would he make this raise 4way w/ 2 overs + FD then continue to barrel the turn 3way still w/ 2 overs + FD (potentially TP if he had NFD)? Doubt if he's nitty/solid he's flicking it in pre with 48/34 but he could have 89

He probablys flats flop with A5hh so think the most likely hands are gonna be 55/66/77/67/89 (the hands that beat us) and FD + over hands. We do have blockers to two of the sets... not sure which has more combos but I'd lean towards him having a made hand and every made hand beats us.

I aint played 50NL before but alot of the regs seem to also play at 30/40NL so I've played with them. There are a ton of regs where we have to fold the turn and tbh should really fold.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: flopped 2 pair on wet flop:
    Think it just depends how nitty Villian 1 is, would he make this raise 4way w/ 2 overs + FD then continue to barrel the turn 3way still w/ 2 overs + FD (potentially TP if he had NFD)? Doubt if he's nitty/solid he's flicking it in pre with 48/34 but he could have 89 He probablys flats flop with A5hh so think the most likely hands are gonna be 55/66/77/67/89 (the hands that beat us) and FD + over hands. We do have blockers to two of the sets... not sure which has more combos but I'd lean towards him having a made hand and every made hand beats us. I aint played 50NL before but alot of the regs seem to also play at 30/40NL so I've played with them. There are a ton of regs where we have to fold the turn and tbh should really fold.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I think you have mixed villains notes lambert, villain 1 is the loose player who likes to bluff.
  • edited September 2013
    I would bet big on the flop and reappraise on the action here you have no clue where you are but then what do I know
    Posted by GELDY
    I don't really like bloating the pot here oop geldy.

The tight player has cb multiway and has postion although his cb sizing is quite weak.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: flopped 2 pair on wet flop : I don't really like bloating the pot here oop geldy. The tight player has cb multiway and has postion although his cb sizing is quite weak.
    Posted by foldUfairy
    i mean donk bet into it - the pot is getting bloated with you oop as played - take a more aggro line - you might find yourself hu with a smaller pot!
  • edited September 2013
    I like shoving the flop w/ your reads. 
  • edited September 2013
    Not sure why you post, with your reads just jam turn.
  • edited September 2013
    Not sure why you post, with your reads just jam turn.
    Posted by pryce6
    I posted as I obviously didn't know what to do on the turn.

Something that seems trivial to you isn't the case for all, I ended up folding the turn which you are saying is a mistake but just saying "not sure why you post" isn't very helpful, i'm not sure why you have posted if that's all you have got to say.
  • edited September 2013
    Ok, why do you peel pre if you're going to struggle to play 2 pair post?
    Why do you cold call the flop to fold one of the better turn cards you're going to see?
    Why do you take notes and build up reads if you're not going to use them?

With the notes you posted it seems quite a clear decision. Sure, sometimes you'll be behind and sometimes he'll get there river but I'd be happy to get my money in if I thought vil 1 was "Loose, fishy, and had shown a few bluffs".