You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

commision charges

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
been playing on a french site lately and made a withdrawl of 200 euros the other day, i got a letter from my bank today with a a comission charge of £7.20, anyone got any information on this process, is it £7.20 for every withdrawl regardless of the amount or is it a cetain percentage of what you withdraw.

Comments

• edited September 2013
    Depositing on both ps.fr and wmax there will be commision charges as it converts £ to euros. when cashing out of ps.fr there is no commision charge but there is a commission charge for cashing out of wmax.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: commision charges:
    Depositing on both ps.fr and wmax there will be commision charges as it converts £ to euros. when cashing out of ps.fr there is no commision charge but there is a commission charge for cashing out of wmax.
    Posted by bearlyther
    yeah was winamax? whats the rate bearly, just the same every time or does it depend on how much you withdraw?

• edited September 2013
    yea i think it depends to be honest how much you cash out usually a certain percentage not sure what that is tho
  • edited September 2013
    yea i think it depends to be honest how much you cash out usually a certain percentage not sure what that is tho
    Posted by bearlyther
    ok cheers bud.
  • edited September 2013
    This is the first I've heard of this, I've withdrawn on loads of occasions.

Is it better to withdraw 1 big lump sum rather than bits and bobs occasionally then?

Is it a charge by the bank, or the site? I get a letter each time I withdraw, have tonnes of them unopened in a pile.

Feel abit sick reading this! lool.

£7 for a €200 withdrawl is abit brutal.

Tell me more Conor....?
  • edited September 2013
    This is the first I've heard of this, I've withdrawn on loads of occasions. Is it better to withdraw 1 big lump sum rather than bits and bobs occasionally then? Is it a charge by the bank, or the site? I get a letter each time I withdraw, have tonnes of them unopened in a pile. Feel abit sick reading this! lool. £7 for a €200 withdrawl is abit brutal. Tell me more Conor....?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thin brag JJ
  • edited September 2013
    More of a beat after reading OP, prob shud've opened them!
  • edited September 2013
    There are ways of making sure you have no bank charges by setting up a euro denominated account with a UK bank. This particular bank then allows you to make transfers into sterling at no cost. 

Would be useful for someone who plays full time. It annoys me the charges that banks levy for almost every service these days. Try google or if you are still stuck drop me a pm. 

Dont want to do advertising on the forum !