You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

International FR

edited September 2013 in Poker Chat
Judging by the great start in England's match against Moldova, it'll be a great opportunity for those who've been registered into the international FR tomorrow.

Best of luck to all those involved and indeed to England aswell :D

Comments

• edited September 2013
    was getting all excited until i realised i couldnt enter, haha. any ideas for what people were invited, maybe posting in the footie section, who knows :)
  • edited September 2013
    No idea to be honest. I presume only the Sky Poker team will know the answer to that.
    It's not a big deal anyway as they do enough FRs for those who play them anyway :)
  • edited September 2013
    Once again poor communication by Sky in relation to tourney qualification.

Sort it out - Its not difficult!
  • edited September 2013
    Not really. If someone's eligible they'll be contacted. If you're not contacted you're not eligible.
    That's as simple as it gets to be honest.

Granted, Sky COULD release the info they use to decide who enters such tournaments but then everyone would be trying to meet that criteria and they would fill up. People would then be moaning that the tourney filled up too quick and demanding more FRs.
  • edited September 2013
    really annoys me too. makes no sense not to tell people what to do to qualify for entry. maybe i'de play here more if i knew i had to earn more points to get entry into freerolls such as this.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: International FR:
    really annoys me too. makes no sense not to tell people what to do to qualify for entry. maybe i'de play here more if i knew i had to earn more points to get entry into freerolls such as this.
    Posted by nirvana29
    It has nothing to do with points or playing more. people are chosen randomly, im a little unhappy because there have been 4k football freerolls running now for at least 4 weeks and haven't been invited to any.
  • edited September 2013
    Granted, Sky COULD release the info they use to decide who enters such tournaments but then everyone would be trying to meet that criteria and they would fill up.
    Posted by KidCarter
    Well no,

It totally depends on the criteria. I have no problem with Sky setting the qualification high so only a set number are likely to get in. I just want to know what that criteria is.
  • edited September 2013
    As its open to everyone, why are you complaining?
  • edited September 2013
    We are complaining becuase sky, yet again, are lacking transparency.

Yesterday I tried to register and was told I was not allowed (even though there were other people registered)

On the back of your comment I have tried again and was accepted, i mean if you had not posted I would not if realised I was suddenly allowed to enter. Total lack of clarity from sky again.

They do a lot of things well, fast responses to tech problems, working on new software etc, but it is so frustrating that this small issue is not resloved.
  • edited September 2013
    Hi guys,

Just to give you some clarification...

The tournament opened yesterday for eligible customers only (people selected based on their betting & poker activity)

As England scored 4 goals last night, we decided that the inflated prize pool should be competed for by everyone!

Apologies if this seemed a bit last minute but all depended on England (and Lambert's) performance!!

Hope that's ok.

Cheers,
    Jordan
  • edited September 2013
    Thanks Jordan - much appreciated.

Though I must ask, do Sky make public the betting & poker activity required to gain access in the first instance?
  • edited September 2013
    Not on this ocassion which is a marketing decision, however all the other promotions we run have the staking requirements published on the site.

Thanks.
  • edited September 2013
    Not on this ocassion which is a marketing decision, however all the other promotions we run have the staking requirements published on the site. Thanks.
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    intenational freeroll capped to 1000 people dont seem very international to me cant even reg as its already full
  • edited September 2013

a clear case of lack of information  as to  what is going on in sky poker

This offer was posted 1hour ago which i logged onto sky and was already full  lol
  • edited September 2013
    gutted i didnt check the site earlya for this...Its freeezy easy money...Bet the people who had entry yesterday and found out theres now 900 more freerollers are also just as gutted lol...Great tourney idea though, but in the future knowing the staking requirements would be decent 
  • edited September 2013
         :@) cheers im in!!!!!!
  • edited September 2013
    Hi guys, Just to give you some clarification... The tournament opened yesterday for eligible customers only (people selected based on their betting & poker activity) As England scored 4 goals last night, we decided that the inflated prize pool should be competed for by everyone! Apologies if this seemed a bit last minute but all depended on England (and Lambert's) performance!! Hope that's ok. Cheers, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    Cheers for that Jordan.

It's a shame England didn't score as many as Ukraine did :p

It's a shame that I didn't check this thread until just now though as I've unfortunately missed the registration but I guess I'll just have to wait until another similar opportunity.
  • edited September 2013
    Hi guys, Just to give you some clarification... The tournament opened yesterday for eligible customers only (people selected based on their betting & poker activity) As England scored 4 goals last night, we decided that the inflated prize pool should be competed for by everyone! Apologies if this seemed a bit last minute but all depended on England (and Lambert's) performance!! Hope that's ok. Cheers, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan

well ive been trying to register in this tournament for 2 days, only to be told i cant.
    with just 10 minutes to go i thought ile give it 1 last try hooray it worked it accepted me, HANG ON  then another message pops up saying sorry registration is now full. 1000 players.
    it should of been fore more players.
  • edited September 2013
    cheers sky 18th and £44  nice wee bonus :@)
  • edited September 2013
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    i'm really not sure that i get the logic behind this!
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: International FR : i'm really not sure that i get the logic behind this!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    totally illogical
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: International FR : well ive been trying to register in this tournament for 2 days, only to be told i cant. with just 10 minutes to go i thought ile give it 1 last try hooray it worked it accepted me, HANG ON  then another message pops up saying sorry registration is now full. 1000 players. it should of been fore more players.
    Posted by wayneypayn

ripped off again lol, this site is just 1 its the big boysbig rip off, and until sum1 proves me different, thats what ile always think.

its the big boys, the ones what have a big bank roll, what get the rewards again. ever heard the saying you have to have money to make money lol.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: International FR : i'm really not sure that i get the logic behind this!
    Posted by SHANXTA

ts easy to work out, make 1 or 2 deposits, they rip you off, then say you havent qualified
    easy peasy even i can work that 1 out.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: International FR : ripped off again lol, this site is just 1 its the big boysbig rip off, and until sum1 proves me different, thats what ile always think. its the big boys, the ones what have a big bank roll, what get the rewards again. ever heard the saying you have to have money to make money lol.
    Posted by wayneypayn

and if it aiint, i challenge sky poker to do another 1 hour £5000 freeroll for all the ones what missed out.
  • _G__G_
    edited September 2013
    I am not sure about that i came home from work on Friday at 10pm i logged on to sky had a look round and came across this freeroll, it stated £1000, but depend on if England scored if so get extra £1000 per goal.
    i tried to enter but told i wasn't eligible, so didn't bother again, now you say everybody could play thanks sky.

Glen
  • edited September 2013
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Understanding the logic of what?

Raising the number of entrants from say 250odd to 1000 because of a 5x increase in prize money?

Whats not to understand?

Thanks Sky for the open entry.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: International FR : Understanding the logic of what? Raising the number of entrants from say 250odd to 1000 because of a 5x increase in prize money? Whats not to understand? Thanks Sky for the open entry.
    Posted by calcalfold
    they should of made the entries unlimited, or at leas a late registration.