You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ROSS SHOWS THE DEEPIES WHOS THE BOSS OF THE 8.15PM DEEPSTACK / CAN YOU SHOW ROSS WHO THE REAL BOSS I

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
nice win ross keep it  up

Comments

• edited December 2009

RESULTS     FOR    THE     8.15PM     DEEPSTACK

A big ty to the two lovely Celebs sarah [ sarah c] and lisa [ LML],

that joined us in playing the deepstack.

1st.    ROSSJB14 
              [ THE BOSS ]                £96

2nd.    LOKI-ROGY      [ the grinder ]                   £60

3rd.     TEEJAY001   [ THE DEEPIE MACHINE ]       £36

4th.     POKERTREV      [ THE SUIT ]                    £26

5th.     SNATCH-22      [ pickpocket ]                   £21

The bubbleboy a past  wsop player for sky ,

greghogg  [ the mucker ]

well-done to all who cashed ,

and most importantly to all who enjoyed playing ,

why not joins us to night and show rossjb14  [ the boss ]

that you are the real master of the deepstack .

p.s  seems tk may be in the new  omaha tonight,

so only fair to warn,

he may not play this deepie  !

your irish m8 rover .

• edited December 2009
    Specsaver? What's that all about?!

Really good tournament, people. Didn't manage to sat into Primo so chanced my arm on this, glad I did.

Standard of players made me play like I knew I could, didn't make too many mistakes until penultimate hand. A delicious little trap by Ross. Probably should have got away from it, but can't really complain with the result, considering the standard of the field. WP Ross, did amazing to come back from so short - you had all the momentum going into HU...

Had a few connection problems too, so recommend the DS to anyone with a rubbish laptop like me - won't be blinded out by the time you get back on! Greg swears he didn't steal any of my chips in my absence, but I'm not too sure! ;)

Just out of interest, what was the Team Orford/Tikay split on the FT? ;)
  • edited December 2009

In Response to Re: ROSS SHOWS THE DEEPIES WHOS THE BOSS OF THE 8.15PM DEEPSTACK.:

Specsaver? What's that all about?! Really good tournament, people. Didn't manage to sat into Primo so chanced my arm on this, glad I did. Standard of players made me play like I knew I could, didn't make too many mistakes until penultimate hand. A delicious little trap by Ross. Probably should have got away from it, but can't really complain with the result, considering the standard of the field. WP Ross, did amazing to come back from so short - you had all the momentum going into HU... Had a few connection problems too, so recommend the DS to anyone with a rubbish laptop like me - won't be blinded out by the time you get back on! Greg swears he didn't steal any of my chips in my absence, but I'm not too sure! ;) Just out of interest, what was the Team Orford/Tikay split on the FT? ;)
    Posted by Loki-Rogy
    hard to pull a nick name out of loki-rogy ,

will change it do,

open to suggestions ,

anyone got any ?

very well-done in runners up loki-rogy ,

your Irish m8 rover.

• edited December 2009
    Hi, guys,

Thanks for the messages.  Still can't believe I won it last night and was just happy to cash!

I had a large slice of luck and good cards at the right time, makes a big difference.  I will let you in to a secret as to how this happened.  Whilst playing a new shiny button appeared on my screen after my pocket nines were beaten by pocket Kings - how dare they stand up ;)

The shiny new button:-

I couldn't believe my eyes at this new button, I heard rumours about its existence but I thought they were just old wives tales.  * The burgundy button - Tikay Luckbox Mode had appeared.  I was down to the felt and thought, hey why not click this shiny button.

Next hand dealt, 8 2 of clubs, what happened to the pocket aces!!!!

Flop, 3 clubs, I had flopped a flush, a double up. Still low chipped, the next cards dealt, A 9 off suit, it is worth a shove.  Loki had the queens, taxi for Ross.  Flop brings an ace!  Wow I'm back in this and from there on I just seem to hit all my cards.

What a wonderful piece of software developed by Sky, I thought it may have something to do with the shiny new website upgrade.  People keep your eyes out for it!

* The button may have been a figament of my imagination and no I'm not drunk!

In all seriousness, it was a good final table with good banter, a classic line from Loko after he raised to 10k just so he could see what a 10k chip looks like!  Great to have a Sky Poker stalwart, Greg Hogg playing in this tourney as well.

Thanks to the railers, Ozzie, Irish & JamieLou, much appreciated by all on the final table.  Thanks to Lisa and Sarah for playing.  It is good to see Lisa, Sarah, Tikay and Mr Hartigan playing a lower bankroll tourney and hope Rich et al will pop in from time to time.

Loko, I'm Team Orford and proud by the way and Irish I think I am just an  apprentice to the master Tikay.

Finally, sorry I rabbited on, thanks to Irishrover for promoting this tourney and generally just being a top man!

Ross
  • edited December 2009
    ROSS!!!

VVVWD. HUGE Congatulations Lovely!! Good job you found that button eh?

Also a huge well done to Loki, Teejay (must have been all those chips I gave you), Poker Trev and er.. sna---, for cashing.

Big ((((((HUGS)))))) for Greghogg :(

Ty also to IrishRover for bringing this to our attention.

Always a pleasure to play and chat with you guys.

xx

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: ROSS SHOWS THE DEEPIES WHOS THE BOSS OF THE 8.15PM DEEPSTACK / CAN THE MASTER TK SHOW ROSS WHO THE REAL BOSS IS TONIGHT?:
    ROSS!!! VVVWD . HUGE Congatulations Lovely!! Good job you found that button eh? Also a huge well done to Loki, Teejay (must have been all those chips I gave you), Poker Trev and er.. sna, for cashing. Big ((((((HUGS)))))) for Greghogg :( Ty also to IrishRover for bringing this to our attention. Always a pleasure to play and chat with you guys. xx
    Posted by LML

Thanks Lisa, hope you are feeling better today?

Also like to say well done to sna22 (sorry not allowed to type your name) as it was his first sky poker deepstack
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: ROSS SHOWS THE DEEPIES WHOS THE BOSS OF THE 8.15PM DEEPSTACK / CAN THE MASTER TK SHOW ROSS WHO THE REAL BOSS IS TONIGHT?:
    Hi, guys, Thanks for the messages.  Still can't believe I won it last night and was just happy to cash! I had a large slice of luck and good cards at the right time, makes a big difference.  I will let you in to a secret as to how this happened.  Whilst playing a new shiny button appeared on my screen after my pocket nines were beaten by pocket Kings - how dare they stand up ;) I couldn't believe my eyes at this new button, I heard rumours about its existence but I thought they were just old wives tales.  * The burgundy button - Tikay Luckbox Mode had appeared.  I was down to the felt and thought, hey why not click this shiny button. Next hand dealt, 8 2 of clubs, what happened to the pocket aces!!!! Flop, 3 clubs, I had flopped a flush, a double up. Still low chipped, the next cards dealt, A 9 off suit, it is worth a shove.  Loki had the queens, taxi for Ross.  Flop brings an ace!  Wow I'm back in this and from there on I just seem to hit all my cards. What a wonderful piece of software developed by Sky, I thought it may have something to do with the shiny new website upgrade.  People keep your eyes out for it! * The button may have been a figament of my imagination and no I'm not drunk! In all seriousness, it was a good final table with good banter, a classic line from Loko after he raised to 10k just so he could see what a 10k chip looks like!  Great to have a Sky Poker stalwart, Greg Hogg playing in this tourney as well. Thanks to the railers, Ozzie, Irish & JamieLou much appreciated by all on the final table and also thanks to Lisa ans Sarah for playing.  It is good to see Lisa, Sarah, Tikay and Mr Hartigan playing a lower bankroll tourney and hope Rich et all will pop in from time to time. Loko, I'm Team Orford and proud by the way and Irish I think I am just an  apprentice to the master Tikay. Finally, sorry I rabbited on, thanks to Irishrover for promoting this tourney and generally just being a top man! Ross
    Posted by rossjb14
    excellent post m8y,

well-done again on your win!
  • edited December 2009
    Loki had the queens, taxi for Ross.  Flop brings an ace!
    I believe it was 2 aces, just to hammer it home ;)
    Classic line from Loki after he raised to 10k just so he could see what a 10k chip looks like! 
    It was a pity 20K is just 2 x 10K chips, 50K looked nice until it went in your stack! Makes me wonder about the 25K... single chip or 2 x 10K + 1 x 5K - have to go deep again to find out!

As for a nickname Irish, in my pub league, it's The Grinder, but worryingly last night it was The Tart.
    What's that all about?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: ROSS SHOWS THE DEEPIES WHOS THE BOSS OF THE 8.15PM DEEPSTACK / CAN THE MASTER TK SHOW ROSS WHO THE REAL BOSS IS TONIGHT? : I believe it was 2 aces, just to hammer it home ;) It was a pity 20K is just 2 x 10K chips, 50K looked nice until it went in your stack! Makes me wonder about the 25K... single chip or 2 x 10K + 1 x 5K - have to go deep again to find out! As for a nickname Irish, in my pub league, it's The Grinder, but worryingly last night it was The Tart. What's that all about?
    Posted by Loki-Rogy
    sorted m8y

• edited December 2009
    Thanks for picking the flattering one! ;)
  • edited December 2009
    HEY ROSS , NICE ONE M8 , REALLY  PLEASED FOR YOU .

GREAT TO SEE THIS TOURNEY TAKING OF AGAIN , WD ROVER.
  • edited December 2009

A Big WD to Ross (WELL DONE) I had a great night again and even cashed so I was pleased about that.

This is a great Tourny people so please have a go and enjoy yourself.

Nice to see some big names in again, mine not included, (although it is in capital letters if that counts)

It is nice to see great players like Lisa, Sarah and Greg in this touny and we must not forget Tikay who attends from time to time when he is not working, maybe the great Lord Orford could take on the challenge one day soon.

Cant make it on Mondays & Thursdays at the mo due to work. but good luck Tonight all.

PS. Stop Nickin My Chips Irish (LOL)

• edited December 2009
    A Big WD to Ross (WELL DONE) I had a great night again and even cashed so I was pleased about that. This is a great Tourny people so please have a go and enjoy yourself. Nice to see some big names in again, mine not included, (although it is in capital letters if that counts) It is nice to see great players like Lisa, Sarah and Greg in this touny and we must not forget Tikay who attends from time to time when he is not working, maybe the great Lord Orford could take on the challenge one day soon. Cant make it on Mondays & Thursdays at the mo due to work. but good luck Tonight all. PS. Stop Nickin My Chips Irish (LOL)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    i would never nick your chips ,

your to good a mate,

oh there goes another pig flying by ,

lol