You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top Tip Fold A A

what I most enjoy about this hand is the raise, the reraise the all in and he still calls with 4 4
whereami Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £32.83
-ACERAG- Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £7.50
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

welshy1078 Raise  £0.80 £1.10 £19.69
pops1 Fold     
peteyd910 Fold     
ulsterfr30 Raise  £2.60 £3.70 £16.50
whereami Fold     
-ACERAG- All-in  £7.50 £11.20 £0.00
welshy1078 Call  £6.90 £18.10 £12.79
ulsterfr30 Fold     
-ACERAG- Show
  • A
  • A

welshy1078 Show

Flop

• Q
  • K

Turn

River

welshy1078 Win Three 4s £17.19

Comments

• edited September 2013
    This is good news that he calls with 44. Very good news. Embrace this good news.

Good news.
  • edited September 2013
    Disagree that you should fold AA 110%  Its a monster hand so never fold pre in a cash game.   If you are worried about him flopping a set, just flat call and get it in on a flop with no 4’s on it.  Turned 4 is difficult but by then you are losing to many hands such as JT so you could get away from it. 

To summarise don't fold AA  just learn to play it better. 

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Top Tip Fold A A:
    Disagree that you should fold AA 110%  Its a monster hand so never fold pre in a cash game.   If you are worried about him flopping a set, just flat call and get it in on a flop with no 4’s on it.  Turned 4 is difficult but by then you are losing to many hands such as JT so you could get away from it.  To summarise don't fold AA  just learn to play it better. 
    Posted by Razzi817
    I don't think he needs to ''learn to play AA better'' judging from this example, as he got someone to pay him off pre with 44. But he needs to understand that aces sometimes get cracked. It's called poker.
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Top Tip Fold A A : I don't think he needs to ''learn to play AA better'' judging from this example, as he got someone to pay him off pre with 44. But he needs to understand that aces sometimes get cracked. It's called poker.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    A A does get cracked, the point I was making is a raise a re raise and then a all in and he still calls with 4 4, just gets frustrating when you have had more bad beats than hot dinners.  

"THE JOY OF POKER" (acerag, 2013, skypoker)
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Top Tip Fold A A : A A does get cracked, the point I was making is a raise a re raise and then a all in and he still calls with 4 4, just gets frustrating when you have had more bad beats than hot dinners.    "THE JOY OF POKER" (acerag, 2013, skypoker)
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    You want this call. Please try and grasp this.