You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

40NL - What Line to Take on River

edited September 2013 in The Poker Clinic
^^^ As per title.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
60nine60 Small blind   £0.20 £0.20 £40.00
Lambert180 Big blind   £0.40 £0.60 £38.56
  Your hole cards
  • K

60nine60 Raise   £1.40 £2.00 £38.60
Lambert180 Call   £1.20 £3.20 £37.36
Flop

Lambert180 Check        
60nine60 Bet   £2.40 £5.60 £36.20
Lambert180 Raise   £6.00 £11.60 £31.36
60nine60 Call   £3.60 £15.20 £32.60
Turn

• K

Lambert180 Bet   £7.60 £22.80 £23.76
60nine60 Call   £7.60 £30.40 £25.00
River

Comments

• ybyb
    edited September 2013
    happily ship for value against most people
  • edited September 2013
    carry on ur story- u were bluffin the flop i presume to barrell off so why not include hands with added equity after u picked it up- it'll help for nxt time u want to bluff also - play consistantly-
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 40NL - What Line to Take on River:
    happily ship for value against most people
    Posted by yb
    Shipping for value seems incredibly thin and would require for some pretty aggresive dynamic which I don't think is going to be the case at this limit on sky... if the turn was a non spade K then there's definitely more logic in value shipping. It's still quite thin though because in general you don't see people raising flop and then barreling off with complete air all that often. But if you know villain can hero call it's definitely a line I would take.

As played I would probably c/f (or check back, I can't see hand atm so can't recall if we're IP or OOP) because I think it's too thin to value and we also have enough SD value to not bluff here. Folding to a bet because I don't think the avg villain will turn a hand into a bluff OTR (like QQ-TT)

Also not sure I like the flop raise so much. If we're raising flop with this hand then we're going to have way too many bluffs in our flop raising range as there are much better hands to bluff raise flop with. (ie. the K8s with a BDFD though - so you have more turns you can continue on)
  • edited September 2013
    under pot size, easy shove on river
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: 40NL - What Line to Take on River:
    In Response to Re: 40NL - What Line to Take on River : Shipping for value seems incredibly thin and would require for some pretty aggresive dynamic which I don't think is going to be the case at this limit on sky... if the turn was a non spade K then there's definitely more logic in value shipping. It's still quite thin though because in general you don't see people raising flop and then barreling off with complete air all that often. But if you know villain can hero call it's definitely a line I would take. As played I would probably c/f (or check back, I can't see hand atm so can't recall if we're IP or OOP) because I think it's too thin to value and we also have enough SD value to not bluff here. Folding to a bet because I don't think the avg villain will turn a hand into a bluff OTR (like QQ-TT) Also not sure I like the flop raise so much. If we're raising flop with this hand then we're going to have way too many bluffs in our flop raising range as there are much better hands to bluff raise flop with. (ie. the K8s with a BDFD though - so you have more turns you can continue on)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

spot on
  • edited September 2013
    does villain always 4x pre? 

I'm not sure I'd do anything but fold on the flop vs his sizing. Your raise size was pretty poor imo. 

Pretty much agree with ivanovic regarding the rest of the hand.