You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£2k Cash Game, early on would you Call or Fold?

edited September 2013 in The Poker Clinic

£2k Cash Game.  I don't play much cash, so looking for some advice, but this is an MTT with a cash structure sort of speak (minus the top up/pull up).

This hand is very early on, bearing in mind we are 100 big blinds deep, would you call or fold?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancebainy1987Small blind 50.0050.009850.00SoLackBig blind 100.00150.009900.00 Your hole cards87   loboloboCall 100.00250.0010050.00paul10Fold    SUPERSNEDDCall 100.00350.009900.00VillainCall 100.00450.009850.00bainy1987Fold    SoLackCheck    Flop  234   SoLackCheck    loboloboCheck    SUPERSNEDDCheck    VillainCheck    Turn  4   SoLackBet 225.00675.009675.00loboloboCall 225.00900.009825.00SUPERSNEDDCall 225.001125.009675.00VillainCall 225.001350.009625.00River  J   SoLackCheck    loboloboBet 1350.002700.008475.00SUPERSNEDDCall 1350.004050.008325.00VillainAll-in 9625.0013675.000.00

Comments

• edited September 2013
    I fold.

It'll be a better flush minimum but mroe likely a FH
  • edited September 2013
    #sighfold

lobo pots it and is called - villain has to put one of you on a good flush - and he is still willing to shove - at least the nut flush methinks

edit: why no raise pre (thks Borin :-)
  • edited September 2013
    i would fold   but i would fold the turn tbh 
  • edited September 2013
    In position with a limper in front... why has nobody said we should "raise pre-flop"??
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: £2k Cash Game, early on would you Call or Fold?:
    In position with a limper in front... why has nobody said we should "raise pre-flop"??
    Posted by BorinLoner
    I'm just in the habit of answering only the question the OP asks, but yeah it's definitely a raise pre if you wanna play the hand.
  • edited September 2013
    i would fold   but i would fold the turn tbh 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    This. Turn pairs the board and we only have a 8 high FD anyway. We're essentially calling the turn to bluff-catch the river when we do hit a flush. If we had A high or K high FD then the turn call is more reasonable because although it's still a paired board we're getting such good odds on the call and if we do hit a flush it's more likely that we have the best flush.

Also I probably even fold to the first river bet nevermind the shove. What do you think the worst hand villain has when he pots it 4 way???
  • edited September 2013
    we should not fold turn, just because the board pairs it doesn't mean our flush is no good.
    Yes we should be aware of reverse implied but not fold because we fear the worse, just scared poker imo.

a/p call river, fold when vill shoves

• edited September 2013
    we should not fold turn, just because the board pairs it doesn't mean our flush is no good. Yes we should be aware of reverse implied but not fold because we fear the worse, just scared poker imo. a/p call river, fold when vill shoves
    Posted by rancid
    As I said it's not just the paired board it's the fact our flush is 8 high and we're 4 way. If a heart does come OTR and we're faced with a bet/bet ourselves, what hands do you think we're getting value from? There's no worse flushes pretty much in villains range. I guess trips might call/bet themselves but then with at least 2 other villains in the pot someone might also have a better hand.
  • edited September 2013
    think we should be good enough to call and access river action, rarther than just folding and avoiding tough spots.
    we can still call and possibly fold an 8 high flush if action dictates

tis a limped pot they could have anything

anyway what did solack and lolbobobobobobobo do - action is not shown :)

surely the action is on lobobobobobob before super acts yo!
  • edited September 2013
    calling for a heart on the turn 1/3 chance and it still might not be good its a fold on the turn for me 
  • edited September 2013
    it's more like 4/1 or 1 in 5

no surprise that you would fold turn donk :)
  • edited September 2013
    abc nits win easy game :) 
  • edited September 2013

I can see some good points here, I'm in 2 minds about the call on the turn, it's so passive through the streets I'm hoping the Villain flats on the river and I'm then confident I'm ahead.

As it happens he shoves and puts me in an awkward spot, Solack and Lob fold................I tank fold.  At this stage I'm beating by so much and am not prepared to stack off which is why I thought I'd ask for analysis of how the hand played out.  Interesting point about raising the flop.

The villain asked if I had the flush, he said he had a Q high flush, but at the end of the day he could say he had anything.

I reckon since it is so early on, I can fold and still grind my stack back up as it's over 2 hours and plenty of play left.

Thanks for the advise