You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ORFORDIAN PIE - Time for a song again!

A long, long time ago...

I can still remember

How the old folk said “it’s a cert!”

But I knew if I got the cards

That I could break their dodgy hearts

And, maybe, see old Tikay in a skirt!!

But that first round it made me shiver

I wondered if I could deliver.

More bad news in round two;

I didn’t think we’d come through.

But then we turned it all around

With awesome play in that third round!

You just can’t keep a good dog down

The day we won a game!

So bye-bye, Tikay, please do not cry

We’re the barmy Orford Army

And we’ll hang you out to dry.

And our good old boys are drinkin’ whiskey and rye

Singin’ "Orford is the King of Sky”

“Orford is the King of Sky”

Did you see Phil12UK

On the night he blew them all away?

He really showed ‘em what to do!

And do you believe Kalooki8

When he says we must not hesitate

And now we’ve got to see it through.

And he says “Now you just wait and see,

Round four will be great – just like round three!”

Tikay’ll kick off again!

And in Sky towers there’ll be mayhem!

The old bloke will go quite insane

With his Burgundy jacket and his zimmerframe!

Muttering on about an old steam train!

The day we tie the score!

And we’ll be singin’,

Bye-bye, Tikay, please do not cry

"Orford is the King of Sky”

For the first two rounds we took a stroll

But now we’ve won we are on a roll

And that’s just how it’s gonna be!

When the roulette wheel begins to turn

The gnome and the old folk are gonna learn

And they won’t like how we win so easily!

So they’ll claim its fixed and they’ll scream and shout!

Tikay will once again stomp about!

The forum will be deserted;

The samaritans all alerted!

And while Orford reads the final result,

He cannot help but quietly gloat,

And he laughs at the latest Jaeger’s wrote

On the day the match is tied.

And we are singing,

---------------------------------(27 verses omitted due to my own fading sanity and impending boredom)--------------------------------

So our team will triumph once again

And then the scores will be the same

A sad Tikay will be “unavailable”!

So the old folk look to Lord Vaigret

To give them hope in their darkest day

And maybe make their sad demise more bearable!

And in the end there’ll be one round left,

The deep stack which they claim is their best.

But there’ll be some surprises;

And we’ll take all the prizes!

And as team Orford will have won the lot,

We’ll get to play for the £1000 pot

And all of us will have a shot!

Well done to all who played!!!

And we’ll be singing,

And we’ll hang you out to dry

WE’LL BE SINGING,

And we’ll hang you out to dry

Singin’ "Orford is the Kiiiinnnng of Sky”

The Greatest Comeback Of All Time Continues......................

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

PS Before you ask, it took me bloomin’ ages!!! ;)

Comments

• edited December 2009
    LOL, very funny...

My attempt at Livin' on a Prayer just didn't click right.
    If only there was a comedy song round!
  • edited December 2009
    AWESOME Digsy!! WEll for an Orfordite that is..

Although I believe the original chorus is actually:

So Why why would Orford even try

When all in Tikay will outplay

you, it'll just make you cry

Don't come whingeing back to us when it's all gone AWRY

singin' 'Tikayers were born to rule sky'

Tikayers were born to rule sky

You know it makes sense.

You're welcome.

xx

• edited December 2009
    Hi

And all this for a captain who goes on and on about tikay,s Burgundy jacket and then has the audacity to wear a fetching blue jumper (He hand picked), and not only that, shares a taxi home with one of the mentors and gets nearly home after 45 mins travelling only to remember that he drove to work and his car is still there, oh dear :)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: ORFORDIAN PIE - Time for a song again!:
    Hi And all this for a captain who goes on and on about tikay,s Burgundy jacket and then has the audacity to wear a fetching blue jumper (He hand picked), and not only that, shares a taxi home with one of the mentors and gets nearly home after 45 mins travelling only to remember that he drove to work and his car is still there, oh dear :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    hi ace if this is right the orford team need to be told that the team captain has lost his mind. first the jumper then the car must be a brake down (the orford not the car) this might need a new post with a bit of spin.

Good luck

DAIBOOT
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: ORFORDIAN PIE - Time for a song again! : hi ace if this is right the orford team need to be told that the team captain has lost his mind. first the jumper then the car must be a brake down (the orford not the car) this might need a new post with a bit of spin. Good luck DAIBOOT
    Posted by DAIBOOT
    Hi DAI

Oh its true, check out the Ostrich blog :)
  • edited December 2009
    AWESOME Digsy!! WEll for an Orfordite that is.. Although I believe the original chorus is actually: So Why why would Orford even try When all in Tikay will outplay you, it'll just make you cry Don't come whingeing back to us when it's all gone AWRY singin' 'Tikayers were born to rule sky' Tikayers were born to rule sky   You know it makes sense.   You're welcome.   xx
    Posted by LML
    LOL I like it!

But of course it makes no sense whatsoever!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Hi And all this for a captain who goes on and on about tikay,s Burgundy jacket and then has the audacity to wear a fetching blue jumper (He hand picked), and not only that, shares a taxi home with one of the mentors and gets nearly home after 45 mins travelling only to remember that he drove to work and his car is still there, oh dear :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    OY! Blue rinse brigade!! Please be aware that this is an ORFORDIAN thread and as such your derogatory remarks about our Great Lord will NOT be tolerated!
    Please leave immediately!!!

PS It was funny tho! lol
  • edited December 2009
    AWESOME Digsy!! WEll for an Orfordite that is.. Although I believe the original chorus is actually: So Why why would Orford even try When all in Tikay will outplay you, it'll just make you cry Don't come whingeing back to us when it's all gone AWRY singin' 'Tikayers were born to rule sky' Tikayers were born to rule sky   You know it makes sense.   You're welcome.   xx
    Posted by LML
    Very well put Lisa, apart from praising an Orfordite that is.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to ORFORDIAN PIE - Time for a song again!:
    A long, long time ago... I can still remember How the old folk said “it’s a cert!” But I knew if I got the cards That I could break their dodgy hearts And, maybe, see old Tikay in a skirt!!   But that first round it made me shiver I wondered if I could deliver. More bad news in round two; I didn’t think we’d come through.   But then we turned it all around With awesome play in that third round! You just can’t keep a good dog down The day we won a game!   So bye-bye, Tikay, please do not cry We’re the barmy Orford Army And we’ll hang you out to dry. And our good old boys are drinkin’ whiskey and rye Singin’ "Orford is the King of Sky” “Orford is the King of Sky”   Did you see Phil12UK On the night he blew them all away? He really showed ‘em what to do! And do you believe Kalooki8 When he says we must not hesitate And now we’ve got to see it through.   And he says “Now you just wait and see, Round four will be great – just like round three!” Tikay’ll kick off again! And in Sky towers there’ll be mayhem!   The old bloke will go quite insane With his Burgundy jacket and his zimmerframe! Muttering on about an old steam train! The day we tie the score!   And we’ll be singin’, Bye-bye, Tikay, please do not cry We’re the barmy Orford Army And we’ll hang you out to dry. And our good old boys are drinkin’ whiskey and rye Singin’ "Orford is the King of Sky” "Orford is the King of Sky”   For the first two rounds we took a stroll But now we’ve won we are on a roll And that’s just how it’s gonna be! When the roulette wheel begins to turn The gnome and the old folk are gonna learn And they won’t like how we win so easily!   So they’ll claim its fixed and they’ll scream and shout! Tikay will once again stomp about! The forum will be deserted; The samaritans all alerted! And while Orford reads the final result, He cannot help but quietly gloat, And he laughs at the latest Jaeger’s wrote On the day the match is tied.   And we are singing, Bye-bye, Tikay, please do not cry We’re the barmy Orford Army And we’ll hang you out to dry. And our good old boys are drinkin’ whiskey and rye Singin’ "Orford is the King of Sky” "Orford is the King of Sky”   ---------------------------------(27 verses omitted due to my own fading sanity and impending boredom)--------------------------------   So our team will triumph once again And then the scores will be the same A sad Tikay will be “unavailable”! So the old folk look to Lord Vaigret To give them hope in their darkest day And maybe make their sad demise more bearable!   And in the end there’ll be one round left, The deep stack which they claim is their best. But there’ll be some surprises; And we’ll take all the prizes! And as team Orford will have won the lot, We’ll get to play for the £1000 pot And all of us will have a shot! Well done to all who played!!!   And we’ll be singing, Bye-bye, Tikay, please do not cry We’re the barmy Orford Army And we’ll hang you out to dry And our good old boys are drinkin’ whiskey and rye Singin’ "Orford is the King of Sky” "Orford is the King of Sky”   WE’LL BE SINGING, Bye-bye, Tikay, please do not cry We’re the barmy Orford Army And we’ll hang you out to dry And our good old boys are drinkin’ whiskey and rye Singin’ "Orford is the Kiiiinnnng of Sky”   The Greatest Comeback Of All Time Continues......................   BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!   PS Before you ask, it took me bloomin’ ages!!! ;)
    Posted by DiggerMan
    Absolutely world class Digger hunni W T blinking Go! xxxxxx See you for round 4 hunni! xxxxx
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to ORFORDIAN PIE - Time for a song again! : Absolutely world class Digger hunni W T blinking Go! xxxxxx See you for round 4 hunni! xxxxx
    Posted by candi
    Hey Candi! thanks lovely, it's gonna be mad tomorrow! see you there! ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: ORFORDIAN PIE - Time for a song again! : Very well put Lisa, apart from praising an Orfordite that is.
    Posted by apollo_11
    Sorry Apollo. It seemed like the right thing to do ;)
  • edited December 2009
     Great read Digger I'm singing already ..

We  the Orfordonians will be victorious again !!!!!

glk    To all who fight for King RICHARD The Lion heart !!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: ORFORDIAN PIE - Time for a song again! : Hey Candi! thanks lovely, it's gonna be mad tomorrow! see you there! ;)
    Posted by DiggerMan
           You`re very welcome sweetheart, all the very best for TKO hunni...see you there! xxxxxxxxx :)
  • edited December 2009
    excellent song diggerman, giving me something to singalong to instead of these bloody Xmas songs.

Dont suppose you could do a Tikay-Aid "Do they know its visiting time at all?"
  • edited December 2009
    excellent song diggerman, giving me something to singalong to instead of these bloody Xmas songs. Dont suppose you could do a Tikay-Aid "Do they know its visiting time at all?"
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Tricky, I'm not sure about doing requests! lol I'll see what I can do for you though, General!
    "Bloody Xmas songs" I couldn't agree with you more! For about two months all you hear, everywhere you go, is the same 20 or so bloody Xmas songs! grrr