You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

im new to the game

having watched TK and the team for 3 years i decided to play. i have no idea if i am doing ok but after 76 dyms i have won 4 more than i have lost but indoing so i have seen a lot of bad beats and incredible hands the oddest waking up with two kings against a flop of two aces and a king to find two with an ace and a king is that a bad beat?

Comments

• edited September 2013
    In Response to im new to the game:
    having watched TK and the team for 3 years i decided to play. i have no idea if i am doing ok but after 76 dyms i have won 4 more than i have lost but indoing so i have seen a lot of bad beats and incredible hands the oddest waking up with two kings against a flop of two aces and a king to find two with an ace and a king is that a bad beat?
    Posted by brickbat
    If I'm reading it right you had KK and he had AK on a AAK flop?
    Yep, that qualifies as a bad beat :)

Well done on your start.
    Not many people win straight from the beginning 
    To get a really good idea of how you're doing you will need a bigger sample as I'm sure you know.
    Great stuff early on though.
  • edited September 2013
    Hi brickbat. A good start and a lot better than when I started thats for sure. There is plenty of advice on here which Im sure will be useful. John Connor blog on DYM's is really good and helped me become a better player. Im almost mediocre now lol !!

There are plenty of bad beat stories flying around however once analysed by experts it often comes down to bad play more than anything.

PS yours was a bad beat though :D
  • edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: im new to the game:
    Hi brickbat. A good start and a lot better than when I started thats for sure. There is plenty of advice on here which Im sure will be useful. John Connor blog on DYM's is really good and helped me become a better player. Im almost mediocre now lol !! There are plenty of bad beat stories flying around however once analysed by experts it often comes down to bad play more than anything. PS yours was a bad beat though :D
    Posted by JPW33
    you are most kind in fact it was my two kings against a flop of two aces and two other players each had ace king in their hands so my pair of kings lost to two not just one trip aces. now that was a bad beat. i do so much value your helpful advice and hope that the cards run kindly for you
    kind regards brickbat